Houston
Sponsored by

So, Topless Weekend turned into a giant ****show apparently

27,979 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the chron with a great slide show of all the classy people in attendance

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Over-100-arrests-made-during-Go-Topless-weekend-13857571.php?cmpid=trend#photo-17481909
Biz Ag
AG
Keepin' it real.

https://abc13.com/at-least-6-hurt-in-go-topless-jeep-weekend-in-galveston-co/5308115/
chimpanzee
AustinCountyAg said:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Over-100-arrests-made-during-Go-Topless-weekend-13857571.php?cmpid=trend#photo-17481909

Well, that should keep the stereotype tank nice and full for the next few election cycles.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Tide was real high.

Lot of big ol thick girls as is typical.

Looks pretty normal to me.

The police after action report is fairly typical. The local cops LIVE for this kind of thing. It's the highlight of their career really. They proud of the fact that they had to call in reinforcements from the rest of the surrounding county.

They didn't have to ask them sons o *****es twice. The local LE absolutely loves that riff raff. It's their super bowl and don't let em try and tell you it ain't.
98Ag99Grad
AG
anyone injured from sucking their gut in to take a picture?
Liquid Wrench
AustinCountyAg said:

Meh. Based on the flags, they look like good guys.

Just some good old boys, having a little fun.
aTm2004
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Somebody should explain to this idiot what saltwater will do to things.

Alright ladies...fess up. Which one of you was this?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Meh. Based on the flags, they look like good guys.

Just some good old boys, having a little fun.
Never meanin' no harm?
MelvinUdall
I've never understood why people would want to go to an event that is elbows to ass****, inevitably there is going to be some frustrations that boil over to fights.
(removed:110205)
MelvinUdall said:

I've never understood why people would want to go to an event that is elbows to ass****, inevitably there is going to be some frustrations that boil over to fights.
You answered your own question.
MelvinUdall
Sid said:

MelvinUdall said:

You answered your own question.

Fair and I understand that SOME of the people attending aren't the most rationale people out there, but that just doesn't look like fun.
txags92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Somebody should explain to this idiot what saltwater will do to things.

Meh, It is a Jeep, it wasn't going to last that long anyway...
Bassmaster
AG
I remember that story. I'm fairly certain the firm she worked at was in Beaumont. It's sad that they were never able to solve that.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, that is a terrible terrible stretch of beach to camp and drive on when a strong SE wind pushes a big tide way up. I've seen the entire beachfront of people have to pack up and get out of the way of a big tide. Even funnier at night. Same thing can happen at SLP, but at bolivar or crystal beach or especially up past high Island, you can get trapped up against the dunes and marsh and you might get swamped if your vehicle isn't ready for those conditions.

I drive on the beach lots of places but that is to get way down them and away from the crowds to fish. Many many miles of Texas beaches are only really accessible by car.
JSKolache
AG
That's old school The Zoo right there
Liquid Wrench
JSKolache said:

As in "The Q Morning Zoo?"
Fall92
AG
schmellba99 said:

woodyhayes said:

we live on the peninsula and its no longer controlable. There were'nt any shootings that we're aware of. But, they need to take their drunken, nasty selves elsewhere. People who rent their houses out for that weekend are discussing the possibilities of not renting that weekend, so that will help and if more businesses close, that will help a lot as well.
That happens in Surfside a lot on Memorial and 4th weekends. When Galveston outlawed alcohol on the beach, the dregs of society from Houston started invading Surfside. Charlie Foxtrot of epic proportions. Lots of folks said "nope!" after the first couple of years.
I had to come over the SLP on Saturday. There must've been another 50-100 Jeeps at Surfside this weekend, too.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ag_07
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I drive on the beach lots of places

Absolute trash right here
drumboy
AG

JSKolache said:

Nah Pre-Ike Zoo where you could roll down the beach or park and party and trashy girls from Vidor or Port A would flash their tits. Lots of good time of July 4th weekends of even post Prom.
JSKolache
AG
drumboy said:

JSKolache said:

Nah Pre-Ike Zoo where you could roll down the beach or park and party and trashy girls from Vidor or Port A would flash their tits. Lots of good time of July 4th weekends of even post Prom.
Vidor, lumberton, et al
Liquid Wrench
Ah. I've been down for a teet show holiday but never heard it called the zoo.
Stat Monitor Repairman
'The Zoo' moniker has been around since the late 90s. No idea when or who started calling it that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

My cousin is at UTMB right now because he was given jello shots that unknown to him was laced with something. He was found unconscious and not breathing on the beach by emergency services. BAC was over 3 times legal limit. Lucky to be alive, hopefully he will be discharged later today.

In 10 years, when he writes about the ordeal, do you think he will finish the story?
he was given some kind of alcohol called diesel fuel that is 190 proof that caused his BAC to be so high and combined with whatever was laced in the jelllo shots put him in bad shape. he made it out of the hospital, the end.
aTm2004
AG
A bunch of upstanding citizens here.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
did people migrate from Oklahoma and Florida for this?
Silky Johnston
So your Cousin was pounding liquor that is 95% alcohol, but the "laced" jello shots are to blame?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
him being an idiot is to blame
aTm2004
AG
Are we to assume that had he not ended up in the hospital that we'd see him in the above mentioned mug shots?
drumboy
AG
aTm2004 said:

Are we to assume that had he not ended up in the hospital that we'd see him in the above mentioned mug shots?

Being drunk partying and actin a fool are not always the same thing. I've been trashed there many times in my teens and early to mid to late twenties but never been arrested and the closest call was when I was sitting on an abandoned toilet. Cop said I was in possession of it so I had to carry it a quarter of a mile to the trash can. A buddy went to jail for peeing on the sand dunes though.

Edit: I think my pic was flagged by imgur.
This was my last trip and a funny pic my buddy took.
Stat Monitor Repairman
That is probably the worst pic I've ever seen posted on Texags.
MAS444
AG
What's funny about the pic?
Scientific
AG
Can someone convince me again why Houston/Gulf Coast isnt seen as the South to some? I had no idea this existed, but It reminds what I've seen in Gulf Shores.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Theres no difference really.

A little less NASCAR. A little less poaching. A little more O&G money spread around.

Liquid Wrench
Yeah, we don't need that here.

Quote:

That is probably the worst pic I've ever seen posted on Texags.

Until StillNotAnAggie set the record.
Stat Monitor Repairman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.