Houston
Sponsored by

Harris County election outcome

20,400 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does this mean we can tear down the dome?
MAROON
AG
Ags #1 said:

first you will need to explain to the new county judge what the astrodome is.
nonameag99
I was the head cook of TexITE shrimp boil when you were president years ago

JD
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Ah yes, of course.

Good hearing from you.

Remains to be seen how tonight impacts things going forward with us. Nothing too direct, but no doubt there will be indirect project implications. Just crazy.

Take care bud!
nonameag99
Ciboag96
MAROON said:

Ags #1 said:

first you will need to explain to the new county judge what the astrodome is.

Like, that is sooooo cool. Like, is it, like, historic or something? I mean, like, can we make it a Starbucks? I could toaaatally see it, like, a giant Starbucks with, like, a bigger drive through.... rotflol....imoji imoji imoji
Al Bula
AG
It would be awesome if the new county judge continues with Ed's dome plan and slaps her name on it. Sucks to be a Harris county resident living with all the Dim idiots but somehow I don't feel too bad for him.
Hulla Baller
AG
We are screwed.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Very thankful I don't live in Harris County anymore.
Texaggie7nine
nonameag99 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Beto is to thank for so many Ds showing up and voting straight ticket.
and your dumb ass voting L

Which Rs lost by one vote?

7nine
96AgGrad
AG
Wow, what did I just wake up to?
Olsen
AG
If she can take down the Astrodome, then I'll give her props that she did something Emmett couldn't do.
Noble07
AG
I voted Libertarian on the county judge race because I can't stand Ed. Let this be a reminder to Republicans to listen to their constituents. Complacency is bad for politics.

That being said, this actually might be perfect. She is probably so dumb and incompetent that she won't accomplish anything on her agenda.
Tom Hagen
AG
nonameag99 said:

WTH happened to Culberson's district?

His district was very conservative when Delay gerrymandered it.
Yankee influx with all of the new jobs in Houston, and the Pelosi lapdog got a lot of support from the Ladies who Lunch from the wealthy neighborhoods. Also, Culberson should have been primaried years ago by a less GOP establishmnet, more charismatic candidate.

YellAg2004
AG
Noble07 said:

I voted Libertarian on the county judge race because I can't stand Ed. Let this be a reminder to Republicans to listen to their constituents. Complacency is bad for politics.

That being said, this actually might be perfect. She is probably so dumb and incompetent that she won't accomplish anything on her agenda.
The problem is that Morman also lost, so now the balance of power is shifted w/ 3 liberals vs. 2 conservatives. So it's not just her agenda, but the agendas of the other two liberals that she will now be the tie-breaking vote on. Had Morman OR Emmett lost, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but the fact that both lost means there's nothing to stop any of the SJW business.
Cibalo
get ready for the dome to become a sanctuary for illegals with tax payers footing the renovation cost
cajunaggie08
AG
Tom Hagen said:

nonameag99 said:

WTH happened to Culberson's district?

His district was very conservative when Delay gerrymandered it.
Yankee influx with all of the new jobs in Houston, and the Pelosi lapdog got a lot of support from the Ladies who Lunch from the wealthy neighborhoods. Also, Culberson should have been primaried years ago by a less GOP establishmnet, more charismatic candidate.

Also, the suburbs that got gerrymandered in with River Oaks for District 7 have aged out of being the prime living spot for typical GOP suburban voters. My neighborhood in Copperfield was a 50/50 split between seeing GOP and DEM yard signs.
aggiedent
AG
I know Ed Emmitt is not well liked on this forum but I'm gonna make a sound prediction. In a couple of years were going to miss Ed more than any other R who got voted out of office in Harris County. Perhaps the most important job in the county just got handed to a young woman with not a lick of experience doing anything. Two possibilities. She'll be a total inept disaster, or she'll be a puppet for some like minded group of democrats. Not sure which is worse.

Yeah.....straight ticket voting is a bad idea.....period.
cajunaggie08
AG
I am in full agreement that the straight ticket voting option is awful and cannot wait to see it disappear from our ballots. However, I recall numerous posters in the early voting thread bragging about voting straight ticket Republican as well. All the straight ticket option does is allow the 2 party divide that exists on the national stage cause us to run to one of 2 sides even more and results in uninformed voters on both sides deciding races that they dont have a freaking clue about. I am glad it is being fixed moving forward, but hopefully it will serve as a lesson that we shouldn't solely take a tribal mentality with us to the polls.
BohunkAg
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I am in full agreement that the straight ticket voting option is awful and cannot wait to see it disappear from our ballots. However, I recall numerous posters in the early voting thread bragging about voting straight ticket Republican as well. All the straight ticket option does is allow the 2 party divide that exists on the national stage cause us to run to one of 2 sides even more and results in uninformed voters on both sides deciding races that they dont have a freaking clue about. I am glad it is being fixed moving forward, but hopefully it will serve as a lesson that we shouldn't solely take a tribal mentality with us to the polls.
EXACTLY
HtownAg92
AG
F'ing Beta. What a bloodbath at the Courthouse. First the DA kicks out every experienced prosecutor, now the straight-ticket kicks out every experienced judge. There goes any chance of getting a summary judgment in civil court again. At least if I were to take up weed, I would have a chance of not getting prosecuted.

I just don't get the Beta followers in wealthy neighborhoods. I know that he was Hollywood and New York's golden boy who had such "charisma" and "wonderful" ideas, and being a Beta follower is just so "in" right now, but a lot of those mooning over him got their wealth from energy - old school O&G energy. Did anyone who got swept up in the popularity contest ever consider that wins by Beta and his ilk could very well put a dent in their means of income? Sheesh. Love or hate Cruz, he won't try to bring down the energy establishment that this city was built on.
David_Puddy
AG
I thought you lived in Waco
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'm actually reviewing cases this morning to see which ones to file MSJs on ASAP. I'm up to 2 so far.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Rodney Ellis is not dumb or complacent or inexperienced. County government could change a lot.

Congrats to the dumb**** sports radio listeners who thought tearing down the Astrodome was the most important issue facing the county.
Bondag
AG
I saw 3 people in their 30s that no longer live in Texas post that they absentee voted in Texas They are still registered at their parent's house and may still be listed as dependents.
BMX Bandit
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I'm actually reviewing cases this morning to see which ones to file MSJs on ASAP. I'm up to 2 so far.

Good luck with getting a hearing before January.

Noble07
AG
Quote:

Congrats to the dumb**** sports radio listeners who thought tearing down the Astrodome was the most important issue facing the county.
Sure, blame conservatives like myself that don't like Ed. But first blame Ed.
Waltonloads08
AG
So voters elected a professional student who has spent the majority of her adult life on the West and East coasts learning from political academics, returning to flyover country to tame the savages.

How brave.

96AgGrad
AG
WaltonBlanks08 said:

So voters elected a professional student who has spent the majority of her adult life on the West and East coasts learning from political academics, returning to flyover country to tame the savages.

How brave.

Here is her pitch, be it as it may
P.H. Dexippus
AG
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
MAROON
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/recommendations/article/For-Harris-County-Judge-Ed-Emmett-2018-endorsement-13297560.php
This is what the Houston Chronicle had to say about Hidalgo while recommending Ed Emmett be re-elected:

"Hidalgo offers a vision of a county government more actively involved in public policy debates, such as working to help migrant families at the border. She also resurrected the idea of a county-sponsored pre-K program. Overall, she is committed to caring about the most vulnerable among us. That passion, however, also comes with a disregard for the reality of how political relationships define the boundaries of possible policy. While she lacks the executive and governmental experience voters should demand in a county judge, we hope to see her remain involved in local politics no matter the outcome."

That's about as nice of way of saying she has no idea what she is doing as you can possibly write. When can we start the recall election?
Ronnie Mund
David_Puddy said:

I thought you lived in Waco
Bo makes Old Rivalries the Waco board.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
WaltonBlanks08 said:

How brave.

If the country thought the response to katrina was bad, wait until this chick is in charge of a natural disaster.
BohunkAg
AG
My heart is still in Houston Mr. Puddy.
White Liberals=The Worst
A lot of limp wristed alternate lifestyle libs clamoring to vote for Beto and went straight ticket. There was a lot of collateral damage. Al because he skateboarded at Whataburger and stole their spicy ketchup design.

Liberals ruin everything they touch (aside from some movies, art and entertainment).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.