Houston
Sponsored by

Post Oak Little League

16,971 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jack Pearson
chilimuybueno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talent isn't what it used to be...
Win At Life
AG
Missed it. Did they win and when is their next game?
The Milkman
AG
They did. They play again Sunday morning
buda91
AG
POLL plays the Staten Island, NY team on Sunday at 10am, on ESPN. Both teams will have all pitchers available.
GoAgs92
AG
Watching Canada vs Spain....Spanish kid is 6' 1" and weighs 248....
The Milkman
AG
Got a good looking mom alert on the Georgia team
GoAgs92
AG
Watching that announcer roll around in the mud wasn't bad either.
Aggie09Derek
AG
GoAgs92 said:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/spain-has-a-248-pound-man-playing-for-their-cinderella-little-league-team/?_branch_match_id=517930459056151554
Jackal99
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Even my five-year old noticed that. "Daddy, he does not look like a kid. Why is there an adult on their team?"
TMACsDaMan
Kid looks like a college RB/LB. He's not 12!
The Milkman
AG
Well for what it was worth... he wasn't very good. Didn't throw particularly hard and wasnt much of a hitter.
Goose
AG
Couple kids for Panama look like High School kids as well. 6'1" 200+lbs. pretty athletic too.
MAROON
AG
ya those 200lb kids for Panama are not fat at all...full grown men actually.
JYDog90
AG
The Milkman said:

Well for what it was worth... he wasn't very good. Didn't throw particularly hard and wasnt much of a hitter.

Look like Tarzan play like Jane?
Formerly Willy Wonka
fairviewcrew
Well the guys lost today in extra innings.... they let this one slip away as they were going into the last inning with a 4 run lead. But a great run for the kids and they played their guts out
jbible
AG
So it looks like Kinkaid will have a strong squad ina couple of years. Too bad my bookie doesn't offer futures on that! I'll be in Vegas for the Bama game, maybe they will have futures action on that?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
jbible said:

So it looks like Kinkaid will have a strong squad ina couple of years. Too bad my bookie doesn't offer futures on that! I'll be in Vegas for the Bama game, maybe they will have futures action on that?
People said the same about Spring HS having a strong team when NW45 went to the LLWS. Yet we smoked them every time we played that group. There is a big adjustment from Little League.
MAROON
AG
Ya the best kids at 12 years old don't always transition to high school because eventually the smaller kids hit puberty and many surpass them in ability.

Little League baseball all stars is a perfect example of Outliers as explained by Malcolm Gladwell.
LeftyAg89
AG
Nope it's not the "transition"... is Select baseball. If PO is anything like other areas of Houston, the vast majority if the top tier kids aren't even playing LL at 7U and up.

That's not to say though that a 12U little leaguer won't develop and become top tier for high school, that happens too.
Bassmaster
AG
LeftyAg89 said:

Nope it's not the "transition"... is Select baseball. If PO is anything like other areas of Houston, the vast majority if the top top, middle, and lower tier kids aren't even playing LL at 7U and up.

That's not to say though that a 12U little leaguer won't develop and become top tier for high school, that happens too.

MAROON
AG
LeftyAg89 said:

Nope it's not the "transition"... is Select baseball. If PO is anything like other areas of Houston, the vast majority if the top tier kids aren't even playing LL at 7U and up.

we've been over this a 1000 freaking times. every kid on that PO team plays select ball as well as Little League. That district has three really strong little leagues (PO, Bellaire, WU) where the majority of the kids play Little League (as well as the better players playing select) because its a huge community thing.

Take the starting varsity for Lamar, Bellaire, Episcopal, Kinkaid, St. John's, St, Thomas, Strake. Those teams are all populated with a ton of kids who played in those three little leagues.

My son's 12 year old class at WU Little League (now all 20 year olds) currently has five kids in D1 baseball (including our own Friday night starter next year), and at least two who play D3, and two others that chose D1 football over college baseball.

My son also played high school with a kid who was on the Banditos Black national championship 12 year old team. He was a full grown man at 12 years of age. He never really got a lot bigger or much better, he ended up getting a D2 offer and redshirted one year and today he no longer plays baseball.

At 12 years of age, the date you were born (for little league eligibility purposes), and puberty is one of the biggest differences in performance.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

My son's 12 year old class at WU Little League currently has five kids in D1 baseball (including our own Friday night starter next year), and at least two who play D3, and two others that chose D1 football over college baseball.
I had to really think about this statement.
RingOfive
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

jbible said:

People said the same about Spring HS having a strong team when NW45 went to the LLWS. Yet we smoked them every time we played that group. There is a big adjustment from Little League.
I was on that LLWS team from NW45 back in '95. By the time everyone was in high school, many of us had quit playing baseball and pursued something else (myself included... I only played basketball). Also, many of the kids didn't go to Spring High.

There's definitely an adjustment, but we made the adjustment just fine the following year. We won the Junior League World Series without losing a single game the entire summer. Over the course of several years though, things change, lives change, and people go in different directions.
MAROON
AG
RingOfive said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

jbible said:

I was on that LLWS team from NW45 back in '95. By the time everyone was in high school, many of us had quit playing baseball and pursued something else (myself included... I only played basketball). Also, many of the kids didn't go to Spring High.

There's definitely an adjustment, but we made the adjustment just fine the following year. We won the Junior League World Series without losing a single game the entire summer. Over the course of several years though, things change, lives change, and people go in different directions.
an old coach told me once that he lost most of his high school players to "Fumes Disease.....Perfume and Gasoline"
GoAgs92
AG
flat out blew the game....at least it was entertaining to watch.

that Georgia Pitchers was really good at hitting the outside corner.

88jrt06
AG
Well, we still have Bellaire.
Jack Pearson
AG
MAROON said:

LeftyAg89 said:

we've been over this a 1000 freaking times. every kid on that PO team plays select ball as well as Little League. That district has three really strong little leagues (PO, Bellaire, WU) where the majority of the kids play Little League (as well as the better players playing select) because its a huge community thing.

Take the starting varsity for Lamar, Bellaire, Episcopal, Kinkaid, St. John's, St, Thomas, Strake. Those teams are all populated with a ton of kids who played in those three little leagues.

My son's 12 year old class at WU Little League (now all 20 year olds) currently has five kids in D1 baseball (including our own Friday night starter next year), and at least two who play D3, and two others that chose D1 football over college baseball.

My son also played high school with a kid who was on the Banditos Black national championship 12 year old team. He was a full grown man at 12 years of age. He never really got a lot bigger or much better, he ended up getting a D2 offer and redshirted one year and today he no longer plays baseball.

At 12 years of age, the date you were born (for little league eligibility purposes), and puberty is one of the biggest differences in performance.
Ol Dox

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.