Houston
Sponsored by

James Coney Island

18,383 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ATM9000
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BowSowy said:

Eating a lot and writing a thesis to the president of a ****ty fast food chain does not make you part of the "restaurant scene". HTH

phideaux_2003 said:

You obviously don't know me.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Good God Paul Blart, STFU. If there was ever a thread that needs to die, it's this one. I hate the fact that this could come up in a Google search and A&M is associated with this dip****tery. Take this BS to reddit or something.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

All you can eat 95 Orignal Coneys are back tomorrow and every third Thursday until September!
DiskoTroop
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Good God Paul Blart, STFU. If there was ever a thread that needs to die, it's this one. I hate the fact that this could come up in a Google search and A&M is associated with this dip****tery. Take this BS to reddit or something.

Noted. You can leave.
BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

what I also am is a very very active eater
Your Friend
The best hot dog in town comes wrapped in a paper towel from my microwave
88jrt06
AG
Pegged you as a Vienna sausage guy. huh.
Ag_07
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

what I also am is a very very active eater in the Houston restaurant scene.
I don't know you so I don't know that you are or not, but I do know that JCI (a fckin fast food chain) is not part of the Houston restaurant scene.

Quote:

Food, cooking and eating are my hobbies and it's something I study pretty well daily.
Well then...

I can imagine the president of JCI sitting in his office reading your responses laughing his ass off. He's probably forwarding this to all his coworkers and you're probably a living legend at JCI corporate.

This thread has certainly delivered.
DiskoTroop
Yeah the 95 year old Houston grown institution of a restaurant chain isn't part of the restaurant scene. Yeah you're right. Phew I guess we can just put that to bed. Thanks. You can leave the thread now.
DiskoTroop
Ag_07 said:

I can imagine the president of JCI sitting in his office reading your responses laughing his ass off. He's probably forwarding this to all his coworkers and you're probably a living legend at JCI corporate.

And for the record once again.. HE ASKED ME for my feedback.
Liquid Wrench
I feel like I'm back in high school rereading A Confederacy of Dunces, but it's real life.
Jackal99
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I feel like I'm back in high school rereading A Confederacy of Dunces, but it's real life.
JCI makes my valve flare up sometimes, so accurate.
RK
AG
this has turned into a truly fantastic thread.
Liquid Wrench
"I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."
MathNewman06
AG
active eating today.
Jackal99
AG
That looks great and all, but they forgot the chili and cheese on your fries. And where's the large Delaware Punch?
MathNewman06
AG
You're absolutely right.

The fries got some Sriracha ketchup and whatever chili and cheese dropped off the coneys.

Grabbed these on my way home from work, and out of principle I don't generally like buying drinks to bring home when we have plenty already here.
The Milkman
AG
I used to think my dad was crazy for that. Then one day it hit me and I said "we dont need a coke... we've got drinks at home."

It wasn't long after I tried to tell the fiance when driving through mcdonalds late at night "we've got cheese at home"... needless to say I lost that battle
DiskoTroop
What's amazing to me is you dickcheeses are jamming me up for giving feedback that was asked of me.
BohunkAg
AG
The Milkman said:

I used to think my dad was crazy for that. Then one day it hit me and I said "we dont need a coke... we've got drinks at home."

It wasn't long after I tried to tell the fiance when driving through mcdonalds late at night "we've got cheese at home"... needless to say I lost that battle
I've started telling my kids we've got drinks at home. I'm 100 years old now.
Panama Red
AG
Milling is not synonymous with mulling.
Ag_07
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

What's amazing to me is you dickcheeses are jamming me up for giving feedback that was asked of me.

Yeah...Feedback

Like maybe I like the old buns are better or nothing on the new menu appeals to me or even the quality of the food and standards have slipped and that's why I don't enjoy this place anymore.

Not a dissertation (with full credentials of course) on how JCI can increase profit margins by moving forward but also embrace it's cultural roots while all at the same time retaining the key 50+ year old demographic and thus enshrining it's place within the Houston restaurant scene.

We're laughing at you for putting JCI on a pedestal.
MathNewman06
AG
I honestly had the thought of putting queso from home on them instead of paying 4x$0.30 for it. My wife probably would have slapped me for that one, too.
BohunkAg
AG
By the way, their Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad looks yummy
DiskoTroop
Ag_07 said:

phideaux_2003 said:

Yeah...Feedback

Like maybe I like the old buns are better or nothing on the new menu appeals to me or even the quality of the food and standards have slipped and that's why I don't enjoy this place anymore.

Not a dissertation (with full credentials of course) on how JCI can increase profit margins by moving forward but also embrace it's cultural roots while all at the same time retaining the key 50+ year old demographic and thus enshrining it's place within the Houston restaurant scene.

We're laughing at you for putting JCI on a pedestal.

So let me get this straight...

I mention I think his stuff has slipped in quality over time. I get asked to elaborate on my opinion, I tell the guy more basically saying what you just said YOU think I should have said, and the president of JCI prods me for MORE information going to such lengths as to invite me to lunch with his VP of marketing.

So at this point you don't feel a little deeper conversation is what I've been invited to have? You still feel I should have just said "your **** sucks now" and left it at that?

Anyone with an IQ higher than Forrest Gumps could see the guy was asking for more opinion. Did you read about the conversation he and I had at lunch? He talked marketing and demographic targeting. He asked ME about it.

Yet you still think I'm a dickweed for answering the guy when he asked for my opinions.

Yeah you're one of the dickcheeses I was referring to.
DiskoTroop
And I'm not putting anyone on a pedestal. I liked it a long time ago but as stated I feel their food has slipped. I'm trying to convince the guy he's not fast casual and that he needs a reality check on the fact that he makes fckin hotdogs.

But I'm putting them on a pedestal. Yeah ok.

They've been in Houston 95 years. They have a legacy and ARE a part of the city's food history. They are a Houston institution as much as rolling down the hill at Miller Outdoor Theater or mowing your lawn in January. Generations have grown up with them. But a pedestal? No. I'm acknowledging their history.
Texaggie7nine
fido is someone I'd enjoy having a beer and a coney with. More power to you.

JCI is serious bidness.
7nine
Al Bula
AG
Holy f cking sh t. Texags delivers again.

Hot dog passion is off the charts.
BohunkAg
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

JCI is serious bidness.
JCI doesn't have beer, sir.
The Milkman
AG
They did last time I was at one about 3 years ago
Ag_07
AG
I'm just letting you know why you're catching some flack on this thread.

Just seems to me you're putting forth a great amount of energy, effort, and thought to JCI.

If it means that much to you then by all means fight on man, but it just seems a bit much and it's funny.
DiskoTroop
BohunkAg said:

Texaggie7nine said:

JCI is serious bidness.
JCI doesn't have beer, sir.

Actually if you read this thread you'd know they do.
DiskoTroop
Ag_07 said:

I'm just letting you know why you're catching some flack on this thread.

Just seems to me you're putting forth a great amount of energy, effort, and thought to JCI.

If it means that much to you then by all means fight on man, but it just seems a bit much and it's funny.

I get that. I get that it seems like effort misspent.

But here's the thing... Food, restaurants, cooking and eating actually are my hobbies. Like I said in the email to the dude, I study it. It fascinates me. I'm writing a fiction novel that's loosely based around the idea that all of society revolves around the kitchen. It's truly my hobby.

So while it may seem to some that this was a tremendous amount of effort, it hasn't seemed so to me.

So I understand the indignation but it's nontheless irritating.
DiskoTroop
Texaggie7nine said:

JCI is serious bidness.

I'm in, but we gotta try some other place until JCI fixes their effin bun steaming issue.

I'm bringing Midwest Coney Connection food truck in to cater a corporate picnic/event in June. I'll let you know how it is. We'll have to BYOB it though...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.