Houston
Sponsored by

Who else is camped out at the Louis Vuitton pop-up shop?

8,005 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by White Liberals=The Worst
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://abc13.com/shopping/rumored-louis-vuitton-pop-up-may-or-may-not-happen/2208839/

Quote:

A long line of people have been camped outside the Galleria, some for days, to get their hands on items from the Louis Vuitton Supreme x collection pop-up shop. But rumor has it, the event was canceled.

As of Wednesday afternoon, there were still many people in chairs and tents sleeping outside, waiting for the pop-up shop that may or may not happen Friday.

Quote:

Kyle Kayhan was among the dozens in line on Wednesday. He said he drove all the way from Virginia with his girlfriend and another friend to wait outside The Galleria. He said information on social media suggested the pop-up store would open this Friday morning.

Agasaurus Tex
AG
They should have just posted a sign that said "Line up here for dumbest SOB on the planet competition".
drumboy
AG
I prefer a more classic look to my epi leather. This is ghetto bouji nonsense
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Liquid Wrench
Agasaurus Tex said:

They should have just posted a sign that said "Line up here for dumbest SOB on the planet competition".
They're saying the pop-up shop may have just been a rumor and probably isn't happening, but people are still staying in line in hopes of some amazing LV buys on Friday.

Of course, I'm sucker enough to go check out the Nordstrom sale tomorrow so I may drive by and snap some pics of these people.
David_Puddy
AG
Currently posting from the line & just saw your link....f-ck
wessimo
AG
Was wondering what stupid thing those people were camped out for.
jetch17
AG
Schlongs
RK
AG
Perhaps if they were camped out at work they could afford LV items.
Liquid Wrench
I saw some on the news; they're entrepreneurs planning to snag some incredible gear that they can turn around and sell at phenomenal markups.

The mixture of thug and lady's fashion culture has always boggled my mind.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Do I still have to pay the schmuks that I hired to stand in line for me?
Bondag
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Agasaurus Tex said:

They're saying the pop-up shop may have just been a rumor and probably isn't happening, but people are still staying in line in hopes of some amazing LV buys on Friday.

Of course, I'm sucker enough to go check out the Nordstrom sale tomorrow so I may drive by and snap some pics of these people.

lol poor without early access
Liquid Wrench
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Do I still have to pay the schmuks that I hired to stand in line for me?
Liquid Wrench
Bondag said:

ChiliBeans said:

Agasaurus Tex said:

Tomorrow is early access, dumbass.
Bondag
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Bondag said:

ChiliBeans said:

Agasaurus Tex said:

Tomorrow is early access, dumbass.

Nope. Went last week
MelvinUdall
They should have just headed to Harwin.
Liquid Wrench
Email says that public sale starts 21st and pre-sale is 13th. Was there some God-tier pre-pre-sale for people who can afford the Old Rivalries laugh/cry face?
Bondag
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Email says that public sale starts 21st and pre-sale is 13th. Was there some God-tier pre-pre-sale for people who can afford the Old Rivalries laugh/cry face?

It was a letter but yeah
Liquid Wrench
Not sure if I believe you, but it's probably not worth going now if someone from Texags beat me to it. I'm sure all the nice dress bluejeans and solid polos are taken.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Supreme made it on Texags?

aggie7911
This thread is gay
Jock 07
AG
Quote:

He said information on social media suggested the pop-up store would open this Friday morning.
So social media does have a bright side. Wish stuff like this happened more often. Troll the **** out these fools making them stand in line for nothing.
Liquid Wrench
I hope that's what's happening here. I couldn't find many pics of the idiots in line to post here but the crowd on the news looked pretty solid.
Ag_07
AG
The story I saw on the news yesterday at 5 said that KHOU contacted regional reps from LV and they stated that no Supreme will be available anywhere in Houston on Friday the 14th.

They mentioned this to some of the idiots standing in line and the response was classic vunnable...'I'll take my chances. I've been here since Monday.I got nothing better to do.'
aTm2004
AG
WTF is a pop up shop?
chimpanzee

These people are willing to camp out on the side of the busiest street in Houston in July to be able to wear or carry something that falsely advertises their income status (or to turn around and sell it to people who want that). I get the feeling that these people are outbreeding the rest of us too.

What do you suppose the median credit card debt is for that lineup?
yestoast
ChiliBeans said:

The mixture of thug and lady's fashion culture has always boggled my mind.

Fashion Culture: "YOU CAN'T BEAT THESE DEALS!!!!"

Rappers: "hold my sizzurp and watch this"
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
My brain comprehends and can rationalize that people are into a lot of weird ****, but waiting in line for a week to spend $ on clothes they cant afford in order to appear rich blows my mind.
Ag_07
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

My brain comprehends and can rationalize that people are into a lot of weird ****, but waiting in line for a week to spend $ on clothes they cant afford in order to appear rich blows my mind. for clothes that aren't showing up.

FIFY

Satellite of Love
chimpanzee said:

These people are willing to camp out on the side of the busiest street in Houston in July to be able to wear or carry something that falsely advertises their income status (or to turn around and sell it to people who want that). I get the feeling that these people are outbreeding the rest of us too.

Most are probably looking to resale the crap.
chimpanzee
Ag_07 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

My brain comprehends and can rationalize that people are into a lot of weird ****, but waiting in line for a week to spend $ on clothes they cant afford in order to appear rich blows my mind. for clothes that aren't showing up.

FIFY

Exactly. People trade off days of their lives based on the rumor of the possibility that someone is handing out rich folks' table scraps.

chimpanzee
Satellite of Love said:

chimpanzee said:

Most are probably looking to resale the crap.

Could certainly be the case, I think the dynamic still holds if they are correct that there would be an end market.

Have Louis Vuitton or other high end brands done this in the past? The only reason I would see them intentionally wanting to do this would be incredibly cynical on their part. Dripping their products in to communities that can't otherwise afford them to make the irrational want of their stuff stronger?
jetch17
AG
this is the sh*t people are lining up for? LV pattern is already ass, turning it red intead of doodoo brown & adding the word Supreme is GAF.

chimpanzee
I retract my previous posts. I didn't realize there were fanny packs involved.
Boiling Denim
From a different article

The collection doesn't officially launch until July 17, so only select pieces were up for grabs. They include a backpack that goes for nearly $4,000 and a denim jacket for over $1,300.

Shoppers said they can sell the items on eBay for nine times as much, and that's what a lot of shoppers were hoping to do.

The pop-up shop was just one in eight in the world. It was expected to be open throughout the weekend.

That's weed money for the year
David_Puddy
AG
jetch17 said:

this is the sh*t people are lining up for? LV pattern is already ass, turning it red intead of doodoo brown & adding the word Supreme is GAF.

F'ing brutal. Although that Hugh Hefner robe on the right aint bad, however, I wouldn't pay more than about $50 for it and would only wear it for theme parties or on Halloween.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.