Houston
Sponsored by

Who here is happy Innes has taken over sports talk again?

8,067 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BohunkAg
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChiliBeans said:

It may be true for illegitimate ghetto trash who can't think of a name on Father's Day so they call into 790 to rant about they boy James Harvin gettin' disruhkrekted. But most adults have gain some perspective.
I lived in Alabama for 8 years. They are no worse than the Bama fans I heard call into radio shows there.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
High bar there. But it confirms what we all know: people who call into sports radio to share their hot takes are human garbage.
Texaggie7nine
Most of the time they are and I agree caller driven radio is trash, but there are some decent regular callers.
7nine
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Don't get me wrong, I love to watch the NFL because I love football and love to see it played at its highest level. I get into discussions over schemes, play calling, and personnel decisions. Arm-chair coach/GM. But I don't give a crap about wins & losses or rooting for a specific team. I respect teams like the Steelers who year in and year out play smashmouth D and run the ball on offense. And definitely the way the Patriots have elevated the team above the individual.

As for baseball, I'm closest to being an Astros fan and love baseball but I don't get crazy.

Basketball? Meh.
Jackal99
AG
Oh, goodie...Lance leaving 790?

Josh Innes to Mornings?
Ag_07
AG
I don't think Innes would work as well in the mornings.
BohunkAg
AG
Jackal99 said:

Oh, goodie...Lance leaving 790?

Josh Innes to Mornings?
Well sh-t....that's the only reason I listen to 790
Mikeyshooter
AG
I remember LZ saying a few years back that he doesn't want to do radio for too much longer, so I assume he will focus more on NFL Draft stuff year round.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Well, *****
. . .
https://instagr.am/p/BVSmnU_BwYv
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

Doesn't work well in the afternoons either.
GoAgs92
AG
Charlie back in the afternoons on 790?

is that what hoffman was talking about?
Jackal99
AG
GoAgs92 said:

The article I linked to says they don't think Charlie will be back in that spot.
MelvinUdall
Jackal99 said:

GoAgs92 said:

The article I linked to says they don't think Charlie will be back in that spot.

Have we seen Innes ratings recently?
Jackal99
AG
nhayden said:

Jackal99 said:

GoAgs92 said:

I looked at my crap in the toilet earlier. Probably fairly similar.

I mean, I'd love to have Charlie back on the air, dead air and all. That article didn't sound hopeful, though.
MelvinUdall
Jackal99 said:

nhayden said:

Jackal99 said:

GoAgs92 said:

I looked at my crap in the toilet earlier. Probably fairly similar.

I mean, I'd love to have Charlie back on the air, dead air and all. That article didn't sound hopeful, though.

He needs to be back on the radio, especially during baseball season.
Dan Scott
AG
Michael Connor needs more airtime
runontexas
AG
Thomas and Innes in the morning!!!
Ag_07
AG
I never was a Josh Innes fan but he's really turned it around and is the only show in town talking Astros. And its good talk with decent takes mixed in with the right amount of calls and tangent talk.

I've actually enjoyed him lately.
T Durden
AG
Who the hell wrote that blog post that was linked? Josh's talent in undeniable? Haha
Aggie Rick
AG
Anyone know why Josh Beard left Gallant at night?
MelvinUdall
Dan Scott said:

No, he really doesn't, in fact he needs less time.
FtBendTxAg
AG
nhayden said:

Dan Scott said:

No, he really doesn't, in fact he needs less time.

Far less time. That dweeb needs zero time. He and Adam Clanton and Sean Jones need to host a show together somewhere far away from the Houston Airwaves
NICU Dad
AG
Ag_07 said:

Innes doesn't work in any time slot.

That dude is a beating.
cr0wbar
AG
Dan Scott said:

Half decent troll
-It's a Jungle out there kiddies, have a very fruitful day-

BoxingAg84
Glad Lance is gone.
He's always thought he was the face of Sports talk in Houston and always wanted to be the smartest man in the room.
He won't be missed.
BohunkAg
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He's always thought he was the face of Sports talk in Houston and always wanted to be the smartest man in the room.
He won't be missed.
So who is the face of Sports talk in Houston then? Raheel? Josh Innes? Adam Clanton? Lance (in my opinion) was a Houston original born and bred and has a ton of knowledge about Houston sports.
MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He won't be missed.
So who is the face of Sports talk in Houston then? Raheel? Josh Innes? Adam Clanton? Lance (in my opinion) was a Houston original born and bred and has a ton of knowledge about Houston sports.

Agreed, remember listening to him and Granato back in 1996 when their show was called The Bench. This poster suggesting Lance is not, must be a Rich Lord fan.
BohunkAg
AG
nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He won't be missed.

Agreed, remember listening to him and Granato back in 1996 when their show was called The Bench. This poster suggesting Lance is not, must be a Rich Lord fan.

Probably longs for the days of the Rich lord and Kenny Hand show.
MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He won't be missed.

That was an awful show, just awful. If I was trying to break a terrorist and get him to talk, I would just play that show over and over.
Liquid Wrench
BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He won't be missed.
Wouldn't say I'm glad he's gone, but his "cool dad" schtick has worn out. I don't care what internet memes his kids are talking about or what Aryana Grande said on Twitter.
BohunkAg
AG
nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Glad Lance is gone.
He won't be missed.

That was an awful show, just awful. If I was trying to break a terrorist and get him to talk, I would just play that show over and over.
Would work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.