Houston
Sponsored by

Who here is happy Innes has taken over sports talk again?

8,074 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BohunkAg
Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I listened too, and in his defense, the move by Clanton was a total b*tch move that deserved to be called out. With that said, calling out your bosses seems like a bad move.
Texaggie7nine
It rings of his whiney fits of past that always annoyed me. Just say your beef and be done with it. I really can't stand the whining.
7nine
MelvinUdall
Texaggie7nine said:

It rings of his whiney fits of past that always annoyed me. Just say your beef and be done with it. I really can't stand the whining.

That is my position as well, this is a pattern of his that he blames everyone but himself when he is let go or why things didn't work out. He is a baby and a big waste of space on the air.
Icecream_Ag
S
nhayden said:

Texaggie7nine said:

That is my position as well, this is a pattern of his that he blames everyone but himself when he is let go or why things didn't work out. He is a baby and a big waste of space on the air.
he's just pissed that his daddy's name didnt get him in front of a TV camera.
runontexas
AG
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
Holy crap. Has anybody ever had an aneurysm while on the air? If not, can Josh Innes be the first? Good luck getting anyone from the Rockets on your show again, fatass.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Charlie Pallilo was the best sports radio guy on the air. Innes is terrible.
brotheraggie
RightWingConspirator said:

I agree 100%
aggie7911
RightWingConspirator said:

Call driven radio
runontexas
AG
Thanks for that, I laughed out loud
Liquid Wrench
Hate to admit it, but I've been listening to The Ticket lately. At least when they talk music or pop culture, it's stuff I understand like Wilco or Old 97's.
Post removed:
by user
Tom Hagen
AG
Explain to me how this is "taken over":

Quote:

here's how the all-sports shows on the three stations that drew ratings ranked among men 25-54 for the March 2-29 ratings period:

1. Rich Lord/Sean Pendergast/Ted Johnson (2-6 p.m., KILT)
2. Sean Salisbury/John Granato (11 a.m.-1 p.m., KFNC)
3t. John Granato/Raheel Ramzanali (9-11 a.m., KFNC)
3t. Joel Blank/Barry Lamanack (1-4 p.m., KFNC)
5. Paul Gallant (7-11 p.m., KILT)
6t. Fred Faour/A.J. Hoffman (4-7 p.m., KFNC)
6t. Mike Meltser/Seth Payne (6-10 a.m., KILT)
8. John Lopez/Cody Stoots (10 a.m.-2 pm, KILT)
9. Sean Jones/Adam Clanton (11 a.m.-2 p.m., KBME)
10t. Lance Zierlein/Matt Thomas (6-9 a.m., KBME)
10t. Josh Innes (2-6 p.m., KBME)
12. Greg Koch/N.D. Kalu (9-11 a.m., KBME)
Post removed:
by user
Aggie Rick
AG
I understand 97.5 is FM so it will always get the biggest ratings but I literally do not know anyone who listens to them. Ratings driven by urban listeners?

790 is a ****ty 5000 watt station which only adds to the suckiness. Agreed KD and Greg are quality.
cajunaggie08
AG
I've always assumed 97.5 has high ratings from people tuning in for ESPNs morning show and just leaving it on the dial
NICU Dad
AG
I think they're good too...I bet their low ratings has more to do with them being in a lousy time slot.
Ag_07
AG
NICU Dad said:

I bet their low ratings has more to do with them being in a lousy time slot.

Nope.

Granato and Raheel are the same slot and they're in the 3rd slot

What shocks me is the #1 slot. Rich Lord and Ted Johnson are horrible at their jobs. Like I feel any sports fan could sit in for them and do an equal job. How that show is #1 is beyond my comprehension.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Quote:

here's how the all-sports shows on the three stations that drew ratings ranked among men 25-54 for the March 2-29 ratings period:

Does he just rank high on the list by default since he's the only local show on at night? Gallant is pretty terrible to listen to.
TexAgs1992
Tom Hagen said:

Quote:

1. Rich Lord/Sean Pendergast/Ted Johnson (2-6 p.m., KILT)
2. Sean Salisbury/John Granato (11 a.m.-1 p.m., KFNC)
3t. John Granato/Raheel Ramzanali (9-11 a.m., KFNC)
3t. Joel Blank/Barry Lamanack (1-4 p.m., KFNC)
6t. Fred Faour/A.J. Hoffman (4-7 p.m., KFNC)
6t. Mike Meltser/Seth Payne (6-10 a.m., KILT)
8. John Lopez/Cody Stoots (10 a.m.-2 pm, KILT)
9. Sean Jones/Adam Clanton (11 a.m.-2 p.m., KBME)
10t. Lance Zierlein/Matt Thomas (6-9 a.m., KBME)
10t. Josh Innes (2-6 p.m., KBME)
12. Greg Koch/N.D. Kalu (9-11 a.m., KBME)

Man, Houstonians really are terrible sports fans. LZ and Matt Thomas are the best show in my opinion and it's not really even close. The Triple Threat talk about the Texans and non-sports related items 90% of the time.
Texaggie7nine
That's why houston sucks as a sports town. 80% of the people that are sports fans care about football only.
7nine
NICU Dad
AG
didn't realize Granato was in that spot.

I'm rarely around a radio then to listen.

but I agree with you on Rich Lord. that guy is horrible. he was at his worst during the Vince Young about to go pro timeframe. you couldn't tell where Rich stopped and Vince started...was just disgusting.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

That's why houston sucks as a sports town. 80% of the people that are sports fans care about football only.

There's also a lot of us here who don't even care at all about pro sports and only care about our respective college teams.

I couldn't care less about the Texans or the Rockets- it's all about Aggie sports for me.

And I like the Astros but I don't get bummed out when they lose like Aggie baseball.
Texaggie7nine
I cannot fathom that. Were you raised out in BF texas and never went to pro games growing up?
7nine
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I cannot fathom that. Were you raised out in BF texas and never went to pro games growing up?

I grew up in Bryan in the 80s when you could be die-hard for the Cowboys and Oilers. And my greatest hope was to see the two play in the Super Bowl. Got to college and didn't much give a sh1+ about the NFL anymore. Then the Oilers left and I really didn't give a sh1+ about the NFL.

The only reason I care about Aggie basketball is because it's A&M.

Pro sports just don't get me fired up.
Texaggie7nine
That sucks. I was an Astro Buddy every year.
I wanted to change my name to Jose Cruz Jr.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
I was born and raised here, but most people who attend college stop getting fired up about pro sports at some age. The all-local, all-pro bent of sports radio in Houston is pretty uninteresting. I can't fathom caring who wins the NBA MVP.
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

but most people who attend college stop getting fired up about pro sports
Not with all the college grads I personally know. Maybe a few, but they are more jealous than anything. All they do is complain about how much pro athletes are paid and how they don't deserve it. Sound like a bunch of commies to me.

It's pretty idiotic to be a fan of sports yet not care about the absolute best in the world at that sport. Just because you went to the same college as the college players doesn't make you any more connected than being in the same city as the pro teams you cheer for.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
Sounds like something a guy with a spirit tag would say.
Texaggie7nine
It's true regardless.
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I am a Houston pro sports fan from my couch except for Astros games. I will go a dozen or so times a year to their games, but nothing comes in the way of Aggie sports.
Liquid Wrench
It may be true for illegitimate ghetto trash who can't think of a name on Father's Day so they call into 790 to rant about they boy James Harvin gettin' disruhkrekted. But most adults have gain some perspective.
Texaggie7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I am a Houston pro sports fan from my couch except for Astros games. I will go a dozen or so times a year to their games, but nothing comes in the way of Aggie sports.
I completely get that. What I don't get is just not caring at all about pro sports and being a sport fan.
7nine
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.