Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,787,366 Views | 14955 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by TheOC16
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like it. Some have said it's their attempt at a Pelagos. I've got other things on my wishlist but I think it's cool.
zgolfz85
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Back to Horology,...

Looks like CW trying to, piece by piece, move up their price point.

C60 Trident Lumiere

I don't know,... I can appreciate the Titanium, but those 100% lume indices just look too plastic.
that orange dial is gorgeous, esp since it's not burnt
TulaneAg
Tried on the Pelagos 39, the BB 58, and the FXD yesterday and wasn't super excited about any of them.

I think I'm gonna try on a Seamaster 300M Coaxial or a GO SeaQ and see if I like those better.
jh0400
AG
A coworker just bought a SeaQ chrono, and I think the finish on it is phenomenal. It's a definite step up from a Tudor, but it comes with a price tag to match.
AggiePride07
AG
BQRyno
AG
I want a SeaQ Panorama Date bad...
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
YouBet said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

nealan said:

Does it drive anybody else a little little bit bonkers how those screw pins stick out on that bracelet. Or is that just me?
Yes. I know it's nitpicky but it bugs me too.

I just can't get past the dongle head on the hour hand. Woof.

More Tudor's for everyone else I guess.

I used to hate the snowflake but it's grown on me recently. I'd buy one.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TulaneAg
Red Pear Realty said:

YouBet said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

nealan said:

Does it drive anybody else a little little bit bonkers how those screw pins stick out on that bracelet. Or is that just me?

Funny you should say that... I went to buy a Ranger originally but decided last minute that my first Tudor needed the iconic snowflake so ended up with the BB36.
nealan
Have I been under a rock? What's a SeaQ?
Ok, Glashutte. Got it. Very nice
I Am A Critic
nealan said:

Have I been under a rock? What's a SeaQ?
Wait until you hear what a Google is.
Username checks out.
nealan
I mean, why should I use Google when all the experts are here ?
Redstone
AG
Looking at a Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse, gold Rolex President Day-Date, and a Vacheron Constantin Historiques Ultra-Fine.
I Am A Critic
Redstone said:

Looking at a Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse, gold Rolex President Day-Date, and a Vacheron Constantin Historiques Ultra-Fine.

No, you're not.
Username checks out.
YouBet
AG
TulaneAg said:

Red Pear Realty said:

YouBet said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

nealan said:

Funny you should say that... I went to buy a Ranger originally but decided last minute that my first Tudor needed the iconic snowflake so ended up with the BB36.

More for you! Not interested.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Redstone said:

Prove it!
YouBet
AG
Redstone said:

Will look nice in your 4Runner!
BarNone-Aggie
AG
Reduced price: $2,800.
Quo Vadis?
Redstone said:

A little upset to see you cheating on Stauer tbh
Sea Speed
AG
Hey is there any way to contact you? I tried to send a PM but it said it wasn't valid.
Quo Vadis?
Sea Speed said:

Hey is there any way to contact you? I tried to send a PM but it said it wasn't valid.

You're kidding me. Maybe I was banned, try again. And if that doesn't work I'll post my email
JCA1
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Redstone said:

No, you're not.

In his defense, "looking" only takes eyeballs. Anything more, on the other hand . . .
Redstone
AG
Well, German and Swiss inspired craftspersonship I'm definitely still interested in, but lately I've been really into red-dial steel dive with automatic date movement, mineral crystal with an aluminum bezel and a clasp with no micro-adjustments, sunburst dials with applied markers, microbranded with your own logo. You can do builds at places like AliExpress.
Quo Vadis?
Redstone said:

Well, German and Swiss inspired craftspersonship I'm definitely still interested in, but lately I've been really into red-dial steel dive with automatic date movement, mineral crystal with an aluminum bezel and a clasp with no micro-adjustments, sunburst dials with applied markers, microbranded with your own logo. You can do builds at places like AliExpress.

I tried to get into the AliExpress Boutique but the guard wouldn't let me in.
RO519
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Back to Horology,...

FTAC2011
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

Sea Speed said:

You're kidding me. Maybe I was banned, try again. And if that doesn't work I'll post my email

I can connect yall if yall want
jh0400
AG
Is anyone here currently on the Anordain waitlist or have any insight into how long the current wait is?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

Sea Speed said:

You get banned like that old drunk on the Andy Griffith show used to get thrown in the tank. Often; they know you don't really mean anything by it; and they just give you the keys to let yourself out when you're done.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Marauder Blue 6
AG
jh0400 said:

Is anyone here currently on the Anordain waitlist or have any insight into how long the current wait is?
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/anordain-general-thread.5400041/page-28

Looks like 4-5 years according to posts on that thread.
Quo Vadis?
Red Pear Realty said:

Quo Vadis? said:

Sea Speed said:

You get banned like that old drunk on the Andy Griffith show used to get thrown in the tank. Often; they know you don't really mean anything by it; and they just give you the keys to let yourself out when you're done.
lb sand
AG
I've been on it for at least 2 years, been so long I forgot when I got on it. Last update I got was my turn would be around October 2025.
I did have to send like $700 deposit awhile ago to hold my place in line.

AgLA06
AG
lb sand said:

I've been on it for at least 2 years, been so long I forgot when I got on it. Last update I got was my turn would be around October 2025.
I did have to send like $700 deposit awhile ago to hold my place in line.

They aren't in the watch business. They're in the financial investment / ponzi scheme business.
Serotonin
AG
jh0400 said:

I am up for summer 2025. I think one or two other posters are around the same timeframe.

I've said before that Rolex should adopt a similar system to spread out sales into the future. $1k down now to lock in a Pepsi or Sub in 2026? I'd do it.
jh0400
AG
I created an account but have a hard time getting excited about putting down a deposit to get a watch six years from now. I may just keep an eye out on used ones, and pick one up second hand if I run across one I like with a reasonable premium to have it now.
Fall92
AG
I got on the list in 2022. i'm up summer '26.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Serotonin
AG
jh0400 said:

I created an account but have a hard time getting excited about putting down a deposit to get a watch six years from now. I may just keep an eye out on used ones, and pick one up second hand if I run across one I like with a reasonable premium to have it now.
Yeah, six years is crazy.

I paid $411 in November 2022 for a summer 2025 build slot, so 2 1/2 years.

Looking back I'm glad I did but at the same time I felt like I had to be comfortable possibly losing the $400 if it was some ponzi scheme or anOrdain went bankrupt.

But I love their dials.

First Page
Page 427 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.