Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,787,291 Views | 14955 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TheOC16
TulaneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm eyeing the Pelagos 39 vs the BB 58 right now. I like the Pelagos 39 better but I'm worried about the long term scratching of the titanium. I have a 10 year old titanium Omega and you can see everything...

I may bring the BB Pro into the fight as well. I've been promised a gen 1 GMT Master that was my grandfather's but my mother has been slow to hand it over... So a temporary GMT could be useful. It's thicker than the other two which gives me a little pause.
schmendeler
AG
TulaneAg said:

I'm eyeing the Pelagos 39 vs the BB 58 right now. I like the Pelagos 39 better but I'm worried about the long term scratching of the titanium. I have a 10 year old titanium Omega and you can see everything...

I may bring the BB Pro into the fight as well. I've been promised a gen 1 GMT Master that was my grandfather's but my mother has been slow to hand it over... So a temporary GMT could be useful. It's thicker than the other two which gives me a little pause.

Which one do you like the looks of better? The Pelagos is a great watch, but doesn't do much for me personally. I really like the looks of the BB58.
jh0400
AG
I love look of a beat up dive watch which is why I'm leaning toward a Pelagos.
TulaneAg
schmendeler said:

TulaneAg said:

Which one do you like the looks of better? The Pelagos is a great watch, but doesn't do much for me personally. I really like the looks of the BB58.

I actually like the cleaner white/black look of the Pelagos 39 better than the antiqued black BB58.

The motivation of this purchase is to replace my old Seamaster which just won't stay water tight anymore..
schmendeler
AG
Sounds like you have your answer to me
chasep2820
AG
Game day Samurai

Marauder Blue 6
AG
I love the SRPL11.
nealan
I've seen that but thought it was too red. Not bad
Aggie Therapist
AG
Wouldn't want a Alabama gameday watch now
BarNone-Aggie
AG
Price reduced to $3k - shoot me an offer if you are interested!
chasep2820
AG
Yes, the price point was the only reason I took the chance. I'm on the fence. You can tell by the 3 different pics, I was using different lighting to convince myself of the color. It's definitely close to being OU/Alabama crimson. I couldn't find any at a retailer to see in person, so I went ahead and ordered direct from a dealer. I'm going to see if it grows on me before offloading it. Retail $575, and got it for $475.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Aggie Therapist said:

Wouldn't want a Alabama gameday watch now
Goals for my future gameday watch.

DoitBest
S
Yes..
zgolfz85
AG
what am I looking at here? replica?

https://rotetan.com/product/omega-speedmaster-57-burgundy-dial-steel-mens-watch-332-10-41-51-11-001-2/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvD6_ozhiAMVEE1_AB1jXgsIEAQYAyABEgIUPfD_BwE

also, says someone just bought one in Texas not long ago....which one of you did?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
zgolfz85 said:

https://rotetan.com/product/omega-speedmaster-57-burgundy-dial-steel-mens-watch-332-10-41-51-11-001-2/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvD6_ozhiAMVEE1_AB1jXgsIEAQYAyABEgIUPfD_BwE

also, says someone just bought one in Texas not long ago....which one of you did?

Going to say that's a fake.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-speedmaster-57-co-axial-master-chronometer-chronograph-40-5-mm-33210415111001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campagne=surfaces
zgolfz85
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Going to say that's a fake.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-speedmaster-57-co-axial-master-chronometer-chronograph-40-5-mm-33210415111001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campagne=surfaces
definitely a fake...I'm just confused on what this site is. They make high-end leather shoes for less, but still not super cheap $100-$300, but also make t shirts and luxury watch reps, etc. This is the weirdest shopping website I've ever seen, aside from DHGate

https://rotetan.com/about-us/
FHKChE07
AG
And you can't even see all of the watches they have for sale. It will only go to 5 pages if you click on "Watch New". And if you search for watches, it gives you different watches.
schmendeler
AG
LMAO. QVC Donald dropped his latest grift. It's watches! What won't he sell?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-watches-price-cost-merch-b2619576.html

TP Ag '87
AG
His soul?
TheVarian
AG
What in the world
schmendeler
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

His soul?

Hard to sell what you don't have
TP Ag '87
AG
Ha. LOL. Good one. Pot-stirring over.
zgolfz85
AG
Cut it off you guys, the scent is getting a bit too beta male in here
TulaneAg
Been wearing my BB36 on a strap since I bought it last year. Finally put it on the bracelet today... Gonna roll with this and see if it'll act as a worthy replacement to my Seamaster for a while.

nealan
Subtle , I like it
YouBet
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

nealan said:

Does it drive anybody else a little little bit bonkers how those screw pins stick out on that bracelet. Or is that just me?
Yes. I know it's nitpicky but it bugs me too.

I just can't get past the dongle head on the hour hand. Woof.

More Tudor's for everyone else I guess.
suburban cowboy
AG
he won't sell out America, unlike the rest of DC
I Am A Critic
suburban cowboy said:

Always easy to identify the ignorant sheep.
Username checks out.
TheVarian
AG
There is a neat website that sells military surplus items, clothes, literally whatever they can buy, from all around the world. They sell watches periodically and came across a Rolex from the Saudis who served in the royal navy. Thought it was cool, wanted to share.

https://www.americanapipedream.com/collections/watches/products/1987-saudi-royal-navy-rolex-air-king-ref-5500-w-original-paperwork
TarponChaser
suburban cowboy said:

Can we not have one thread where F16 doesn't infect it?
schmendeler
AG
Buy it and tell everyone you're a Saudi admiral
BoDog
AG
TarponChaser said:

suburban cowboy said:

Its true though. I will take a carnival barker over a commie any day of the week and twice on sundays.
schmendeler
AG
BoDog said:

TarponChaser said:

suburban cowboy said:

Its true though. I will take a carnival barker over a commie any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Lol
Quo Vadis?
36,000 feet above sea level slightly west of Norway breitling posting for your viewing pleasure
TP Ag '87
AG
Back to Horology,...

Looks like CW trying to, piece by piece, move up their price point.

C60 Trident Lumiere

I don't know,... I can appreciate the Titanium, but those 100% lume indices just look too plastic.
First Page Last Page
Page 426 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.