Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,787,594 Views | 14955 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by TheOC16
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTAC2011 said:

FTAco07 said:

Love Czapek. If I didn't already have a white dialed sports watch and another brand new piece I would be your guy.

I take trades

You have any government employee versions of that watch…..to include price
DeProfundis
Aggie Therapist said:

FTAC2011 said:

FTAco07 said:

Love Czapek. If I didn't already have a white dialed sports watch and another brand new piece I would be your guy.

I take trades

You have any government employee versions of that watch…..to include price

Actually yes, I believe he has the Christopher Ward version as well
Aggie Therapist
AG
Christopher Ward makes some outstanding watches. Thanks for sharing this.
Cromagnum
AG
That light blue is sharp.
Farmer1906
AG
Everyone has a "Tiffany blue" now. Very trendy. If you're into that kind of thing.
Cromagnum
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Everyone has a "Tiffany blue" now. Very trendy. If you're into that kind of thing.

I don't, but my first big purchase will likely be an Omega Aqua Terra with the emerald green face.
Aggie Therapist
AG
My first "luxury" watch was an Omega Aqua Terra. I need to wear it more often, its subtle and very classy.

FTAC2011 hooked it up!
Diggity
AG
I think he meant watchmakers.

Patek did a Tiffany collab with their Nautilus and many other watchmakers have been "inspired" by the popularity.
DeProfundis
They do indeed, and their logo is my favorite one, of any brand. The way that they combined the Swiss and English flag into a stylish recognizable logo that perfectly encapsulates their company is great.
AgEng06
AG
Agree. I have 2 CW watches and they are great.

Farmer1906
AG
You didn't love "Christopher Ward" plastered across their older watches?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There is probably a guy out there named Christopher Ward who absolutely loved being able to purchase an excellent value mid to higher end timepiece with his name on the face

And probably another who has farmer's taste in watches, who now goes by Chris and is all "office space" walking around saying "why should i have to change my name? He's the one who sucks!"
Farmer1906
AG
That's funny but also "mid to high"?

They're decent looking cases with Camry engine. Nothing wrong with a Camry. I'm sure it'll run forever. But no one thinks their Camry is high end.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I think my 2020 Camry is high end.

Farmer1906
AG
Sure, Jan.
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Been considering the bronze for a long time now
DeProfundis
zgolfz85 said:

AgEng06 said:

Been considering the bronze for a long time now
with those wrists you can pull off anything my man.
TheOC16
AG
If you had 6 days in Switzerland, what would you put on your itinerary?

Give specifics.
schmendeler
AG
Watch-wise, or like for seeing the country?
Sea Speed
AG
TheOC16 said:

If you had 6 days in Switzerland, what would you put on your itinerary?

Give specifics.

I can send you our itinerary when I have a chance to go back and look
Aggie Therapist
AG
Wife: "I can't wait to explore Switzerland"

OC16: "I've got 10 watch factories we're heading to!"

schmendeler
AG
Right
TheOC16
AG
schmendeler said:

Watch-wise, or like for seeing the country?
Yes. Both.
schmendeler
AG
The nice thing about Switzerland is that you can basically have one home base and take day trips from there for the most part.

One thing to be sure to monitor is the weather. Often one part of the country can have completely different weather than another part esp around the mountains.

Interlaken is often suggested as a good home base. I stay with friends, so i can't speak from experience, but it is centrally located and will have inter-city trains stopping there, so fast transit to other areas. There's not a lot to see there itself.

I would suggest a day to see Bern, and nearby Murten. Bern is a beautiful city with an arcaded central old town and perched high on a bluff surrounded by the Aare river. Murten was the sight of an important battle in Swiss history and has a really cool surrounding city wall that you can walk on.

A full (long) day to see the Matterhorn and Zermatt area. Weather is crucial here.

A day to see Luzern and the decommissioned, hidden, Swiss Army mountain base Fortress Furigen. Luzern has the lovely medieval covered wooden bridge and Furigen is just really cool to explore and think about how the Swiss would have tried to defend themselves if the Nazis had tried to invade in WW2.

A day to see Zurich/Appenzell areas or maybe instead the Italian part and Lugano.

And finally, two days for the Bernese Oberland. I would recommend staying in Lauterbrunnen. Take a day to do the Jungfraujoch rail trip up to the top of the Jungfrau (could be very crowded) or do a mostly downhill hike from mannlichen to kleine Scheidegg. It's absolutely gorgeous and the views (with good weather) are breathtaking. Spend the other day just chilling at your hotel or Airbnb enjoying the views. Also take the cable car up to gimmelwald, a village that is essentially only accessible via that method. And also check out the trummelbach falls. It's a waterfall that has eroded is way into the hillside so it's mostly hidden from the exterior but you can see it by entering a series of interconnected caverns.

There's a lot of other cool stuff to see but this hits most of the highlights, imo.
Sea Speed
AG
We took a train from bern i believe and played golf in a small mountain town at the base of a mountain. It was a gorgeous train ride.

Bern is amazing.
TheOC16
AG
Is land Monday noon and leave Sunday morning enough time to take advantage of it, or should we wait until we have more time?

Book several different hotels along a planned route or have a home base that all travel spreads out from?
Sea Speed
AG
We booked an air bnb in bern for a few days then another one just outside of geneva for a few days then another on lake como for a few days. We went to that science center up one of the mountains that was in James bind one day as well. We also went to a couple little French towns when we were staying in Geneva.
LPHA
AG
Did you ever show us what was in that fancy box you teased us with? That was you, wasn't it?
schmendeler
AG
You could fill more time if you have it, and want to spend it, but that's a decent enough amount of time. Sometimes people want to allocate like two days and that's definitely not ideal.

When i took my wife for the first time we stayed for two weeks and took our time but there's stuff we didn't do until subsequent trips. So you won't see everything, but i think you won't feel cheated with that amount of time.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
The last time I was in Switzerland in like 2017, a hamburger, fries, and coke at the Zurich train station Burger King was like $35. I wonder what it is today?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
BoDog
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

The last time I was in Switzerland in like 2017, a hamburger, fries, and coke at the Zurich train station Burger King was like $35. I wonder what it is today?
just spent that at the nashville airport BK so I would imagine it is double that.
DeProfundis
You know what they call a quarter pounder in Geneva?
DoitBest
S
Had a couple years of German in college, but all I can think is a royal with cheese...
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I just remember thinking that I was hungry but when I saw how expensive it was, I decided I was not that hungry after all.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
slaughtr
AG
The dog is upset he doesn't have a wrist big enough to wear a watch.
First Page Last Page
Page 390 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.