Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,785,437 Views | 14951 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by FTAC2011
FTAC2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

Just kind of curious, star this post if you got a watch from FTAC. I have.

I actually really appreciate you posting this because I've wondered myself. I would assume around 25 different people with some having multiple purchases. Also, many have sold me watches which is just as helpful.

I'm very thankful for this platform, everyone's business, and all the people I have met. As most of you know that have purchased from me.. this is a side business I started 5 years ago. I do it to try and put my 4 kiddos through private school and hopefully drive them to work hard as they get older. It's basically impossible to scale, as my full time gig and family life takes so much of my time (deservedly so), so every referral and every person I've met here is extremely important to me. And obviously have made friends with most of you too.

Thank you.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I should have said done a deal. I'll edit it because that will catch more folks.
panag
AG
I'll likely be added to the list one day. I have amassed quite the wishlist!
TarponChaser
Not a high-end watch but does anyone have any insight into these Pininfarina "hybrid" smartwatches? Almost looks like a Panerai but with smartwatch capabilities via an app. IMHO, it would look better in a business setting than an Apple Watch.

https://www.pininfarina-hybridwatchbyglobics.com/collections/hybrid-watches/

Mateo84
AG
Well to be fair, basically anything would look better in a business setting than an Apple Watch …
YouBet
AG
TarponChaser said:

Not a high-end watch but does anyone have any insight into these Pininfarina "hybrid" smar****ches? Almost looks like a Panerai but with smar****ch capabilities via an app. IMHO, it would look better in a business setting than an Apple Watch.

https://www.pininfarina-hybridwatchbyglobics.com/collections/hybrid-watches/

We must have read the same British GQ article. I was researching the hell out of these last night. That Pininfarina group apparently is some Uber high end Italian design company.

The watch has its own app and sounds like it does pretty much what an Apple does, but I can't tell who made the guts of the watch (sensors, tech, etc). If it's China then it's obviously a no go, but I am intrigued by it. It's a beautiful hybrid but I already have two Garmins and an Apple Watch.

I'm waiting on a more capable fitness ring.
htxag09
AG
As a garmin user, I don't think any watch does what the Apple Watch does, at least not when it comes to smart watch capabilities.

I'd wager this watch is much more like a garmin then Apple Watch. You can read texts on it but not really reply, answer the phone but not talk through the watch, interface with other apps limited, etc.
YouBet
AG
htxag09 said:

As a garmin user, I don't think any watch does what the Apple Watch does, at least not when it comes to smart watch capabilities.

I'd wager this watch is much more like a garmin then Apple Watch. You can read texts on it but not really reply, answer the phone but not talk through the watch, interface with other apps limited, etc.

Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't do everything that the Apple Watch does. Coincidentally, there is an interesting article on WSJ right now about the Apple Watch and how their desire to make it the ultimate health wearable is running up against barriers as the more capabilities they add the more pre-existing tech is already patented by others.

Garmin is superior just factoring fitness but agree Apple Watch is the overall best.
Sea Speed
AG
Sea Speed said:

Just kind of curious, star this post if you have done a deal with FTAC. I have.

We are at 19 stars plus myself so 20 folks. That is not too far from the number FTAC guessed. Good for him. This should prove to anyone on the fence about grey market that FTAC can and will take care of you.
zgolfz85
AG
I'm looking for a health wearable and really wanting something other than the whoop for heart and sleep tracking, but having a hard time convincing myself there's anything better after a few weeks of research…

I dig this hybrid and the history of the brand, but looks like I'd be disappointed there. Might just have to whoop on one wrist and watch on the other
FTAC2011
AG
Sea Speed said:

Sea Speed said:

We are at 19 stars plus myself so 20 folks. That is not too far from the number FTAC guessed. Good for him. This should prove to anyone on the fence about grey market that FTAC can and will take care of you.

You're the best thanks my brotha
YouBet
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I'm looking for a health wearable and really wanting something other than the whoop for heart and sleep tracking, but having a hard time convincing myself there's anything better after a few weeks of research…

I dig this hybrid and the history of the brand, but looks like I'd be disappointed there. Might just have to whoop on one wrist and watch on the other

What's a whoop?
Farmer1906
AG
Janky stress/recovery monitor
Terminus Est
Yes, but how many of you have bought and sold 20 watches with FTAC
BQRyno
AG
That's what I do. If you really don't like the look of a bracelet on the other wrist, you can wear it on your bicep instead.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Sea Speed said:

Sea Speed said:

Just saw this. Add me
AgEng06
AG
Terminus Est said:

AgEng06
AG
New watch day! Walked into an AD in Austin and they actually had a Pelagos 39 for sale. It went home with me.

nealan
Love that !
schmendeler
AG
Pininfarina is extremely famous in car design.

Their biggest partnership is probably with Ferrari.
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Janky stress/recovery monitor

Stupid name but that actually looks pretty cool. Might be a way for me to retire my smart watches and wear this instead along with my nice watches.

Just not sure I want another $20 per month sub.
FTAC2011
AG
Terminus Est said:

I think you're a little low on that number
Farmer1906
AG
I had them. It's not. Cool concept but I don't think they're accurate
AgCPA95
AG
schmendeler said:

Pininfarina is extremely famous in car design.

Their biggest partnership is probably with Ferrari.

...and the equally impressive Cadillac Allante convertible. Kidding of course!
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I had them. It's not. Cool concept but I do t think they're accurate

After reading some reviews, I think I'm going to pass.
AgEng06
AG
YouBet said:

Farmer1906 said:

I had them. It's not. Cool concept but I do t think they're accurate

After reading some reviews, I think I'm going to pass.

Probably for the best. I had the same idea as you (wear on my right wrist so I could wear my nice watches on my left) and wore one for 6 months or so. I didn't think it was worth it, and canceling the plan was a pain in the ass for me.
drmwvr
AG
I wear a Fitbit Inspire 3 on my right wrist. It's small enough that I don't notice it and provides all the info I need (most importantly sleep patterns). Also has a great battery life if you turn off the non Fitbit notifications from your phone. You can also get them sub $100 so pretty disposable if you mess them up. I use aftermarket colored stretch bands from Amazon to jazz up the look too, have to accessorize!
Zobel
AG
Is that the titanium one? Deutsch in Houston had one in the other day and I tried it on. Lovely watch!
nealan
I think they only make it in titanium right ?
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, it's titanium.
FTAC2011
AG
Happy new year from Palo Duro Canyon Texas
TAM85
FTAC,

I am looking for a used Blancpain 6651 1127 55B, 6224 1127 55B or similar version in a 37-40 mm. I have just done a basic search on Chrono 24 and eBay. Is there anywhere else I should look or do you have a line on one?

Thanks
FTAC2011
AG
Howdy. Email me at crob@aggienetwork.com
Scruffy
AG
I was walking down Regent street today and passed by this
AgLA06
AG
"For Exhibition Only"
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.