Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,785,836 Views | 14952 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Mas89
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've worked with FTAC before. The issue with this watch is that I like it but not sure if I love it, so I want to be in it at a certain price point in case I decide to let it go later. For reference, they go for $6,800 new, FTAC is quite a bit less than that new, but I've seen several full sets sell used for $4,200 to $4,500. Because of that I don't want to be in it for more than $4,500 if I can help it.

The seller has a long history and enough good reviews on WuS that it's probably ok. I'm also a little hesitant to pull the trigger, because the price goes up significantly for the next watch on my wishlist (Zenith Chronomaster Open 39.5) after my wife vetoed the OP39.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Iwc is a great brand, my current grail is an iwc
FTAC2011
AG
jh0400 said:

I've worked with FTAC before. The issue with this watch is that I like it but not sure if I love it, so I want to be in it at a certain price point in case I decide to let it go later. For reference, they go for $6,800 new, FTAC is quite a bit less than that new, but I've seen several full sets sell used for $4,200 to $4,500. Because of that I don't want to be in it for more than $4,500 if I can help it.

The seller has a long history and enough good reviews on WuS that it's probably ok. I'm also a little hesitant to pull the trigger, because the price goes up significantly for the next watch on my wishlist (Zenith Chronomaster Open 39.5) after my wife vetoed the OP39.

Which watch is it? I might be able to snag a used one for your budget
BoDog
AG
I would agree....
AgLA06
AG
jh0400 said:

after my wife vetoed the OP39.
Wait. Your wife gets to decide what watch you can wear?
panag
AG
AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

If jh's wife's taste is as good as my wife's taste, it will be a net positive.
jh0400
AG
AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

In her mind the Rolex is men's equivalent of a Louis Vuitton purse. Her words were something to the effect of "if you're going to spend the money, get something that's more iykyk." Hence the decision to look for an El Primero.
TheOC16
AG
jh0400 said:

AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

In her mind the Rolex is men's equivalent of a Louis Vuitton purse. Her words were something to the effect of "if you're going to spend the money, get something that's more iykyk." Hence the decision to look for an El Primero.
AgLA06
AG
jh0400 said:

AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

I'm all for the El Primero. And I can't argue the theory of IYKYK.

Just 2 completely different watches. It would be more like her telling you that about a Daytona. Which I'm not sure would gather the same support.
jh0400
AG
Before I buy a Daytona I'll have a VC Overseas or a Calatrava Pilot Travel Time.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
BQRyno said:

Trek Strategy said:

LPHA said:

Are we still on track for Thanksgiving delivery?
Looking like it will be closer to Christmas. Some production has already started and we're working to tighten the windows. I'll be sending out another update when I hear back from the factory. Should be any day now.

Happen to have any updated info on timing on these?
I will be sending out another email update in the next couple of days. I expect to start shipping early next week. About 4 watches will go out per day, so they should arrive before Christmas for most. A few might get them after xmas.
txaggie_08
AG
I actually came to this thread just to see if there was an update. Looking forward to getting the watch!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
txaggie_08 said:

I actually came to this thread just to see if there was an update. Looking forward to getting the watch!
Me too! I haven't seen them in the flesh yet and I'm excited to see how they look on the ZULU strap.
panag
AG
jh0400 said:

Before I buy a Daytona I'll have a VC Overseas or a Calatrava Pilot Travel Time.

Speaking of a Pilot Travel Time, does anybody know the wait time on those now a days?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Not high end. Discontinued years ago. Retailed at $1k, I bought two for 1/2. Just love the map/artic background which "spoke" to me. 46MM case. Black and white.

It 'fits' my wrist, I'm 6'3". I'd love a higher end watch after not wearing one for 20 years, but now I'm hooked, but I don't have the deep pockets. The white face I bought from Germany.
Sea Speed
AG
There are nice watches for every budget these days.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Not sure how good these prices are, but Jomashop is running a deal on some Omega models.

LPHA
AG
Just got the newsletter. Good ***** Forwarded it to a few people that may be interested in the A&M watch
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

Just 2 completely different watches. It would be more like her telling you that about a Daytona. Which I'm not sure would gather the same support.
100%

Rolex OP is a classic simple and slim design that is very versatile. Also would be much cheaper to service.

Chrono will cost quite a bit more to service and the El Primero is obviously a much busier design. I think it's a great watch but way less versatile than an OP.

If you like the OP but want to avoid Rolex then my favorite alternative would be the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra.
LPHA
AG
Just now got the email to pay the balance. I might be able to wear this while being disappointed with Aggie football this year!
BQRyno
AG
LPHA said:

Just now got the email to pay the balance. I might be able to wear this while being disappointed with Aggie football this year!
Same! I don't know how the shipping order is determined, but I paid immediately just in case...
LPHA
AG
Already got the tracking info!
BourbonAg
AG
I just ordered mine yesterday and also got the email today!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
LPHA said:

Just got the newsletter. Good ***** Forwarded it to a few people that may be interested in the A&M watch
Thank you sir!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
LPHA said:

Right? Maybe think of it as a moment to celebrate Aggie Football Basketball Baseball?
slaughtr
AG
Serotonin said:

AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

AgLA06 said:

jh0400 said:

100%

Rolex OP is a classic simple and slim design that is very versatile. Also would be much cheaper to service.

Chrono will cost quite a bit more to service and the El Primero is obviously a much busier design. I think it's a great watch but way less versatile than an OP.

If you like the OP but want to avoid Rolex then my favorite alternative would be the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra.

I like the Nomos Club Sport 42 as an alternative. Classic looks highlighted by a small seconds sub dial. Virtually everything designed and built in house, which is uncommon in a small, independent brand.
AgEng06
AG
This is on my short list. I really like this watch.
jh0400
AG
If they ever release the 39mm in Petrol I'll have one. I need a German watch in my collection.
slaughtr
AG
jh0400 said:

If they ever release the 39mm in Petrol I'll have one. I need a German watch in my collection.

I have a Junghans that I bought when visiting the Black Forest. Nice as a dress watch. I want green in the 42, but they only have blue and black. Regardless, I'm getting a promotion at work and the blue 42 is going to be my reward.
Farmer1906
AG
The wear a little bigger because of the small bezel.
jh0400
AG
It looks like Lewis Jewelers in Clear Lake has one in stock. I may run down there one day and look at the 37.
Farmer1906
AG
Let me slightly modify my statement. I feel like this is true for the tangente and similar models. Idk for the club.

These are both 36.
LPHA
AG
Just got my Wasson A&M special delivered. If AT&T wasn't garbage right now I'd upload a picture. It looks great!
nealan
Is it German watch day?? Wearing the new Laco today

This one is a 39 on my 7.25 wrist

txaggie_08
AG
Just got my watch in this afternoon! It's beautiful!

First Page Last Page
Page 363 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.