Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,789 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by BBRex
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love their rhodium dials
jh0400
AG
nealan said:

Love their rhodium dials

Same. I've decided that once bonus season gets here I'm going to track down an OP39 with the rhodium dial.
Cromagnum
AG
FTAC2011 said:

FTAco07 said:

Asked nicely and got to try on this guy today, unfortunately I couldn't leave the boutique with it and it's a 6-7 year waitlist.

37mm?

Secondary is around retail and tax. lol at 7 year wait

Seriously, who has time to wait 7 years, for get this...a wrist clock.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Cromagnum said:

FTAC2011 said:

FTAco07 said:

Asked nicely and got to try on this guy today, unfortunately I couldn't leave the boutique with it and it's a 6-7 year waitlist.

37mm?

Secondary is around retail and tax. lol at 7 year wait

Seriously, who has time to wait 7 years, for get this...a wrist clock.
It's a time bracelet.
nealan
My watch budget is lolpoor right now , but I did pick this up on Black Friday. Really enjoying it so far ..

YouBet
AG
In Vegas for 50th. Watch Mecca. Trying not to buy my grail watch because I did find it and tried it on. Forgot to get pic.

Did get pic of this one. It has plastic on it which is why it looks a little off.
Terminus Est
I had no idea you were an old. Many happy returns
YouBet
AG
Terminus Est said:

I had no idea you were an old. Many happy returns

Only 5 years away from 55+ community.
jh0400
AG
YouBet said:

In Vegas for 50th. Watch Mecca. Trying not to buy my grail watch because I did find it and tried it on. Forgot to get pic.

If you've got the money, do it. The sooner you buy it the longer you'll get to wear it.
panag
AG
YouBet said:

Did get pic of this one. It has plastic on it which is why it looks a little off.

What's the grail watch? I have several!
BBRex
AG
I have an Augsburg, and I really like it. A good watch for the money.
YouBet
AG
panag said:

YouBet said:

What's the grail watch? I have several!

Glaschutte Senator Cosmopolite. I was at Bucherer and they had one. It's a great watch hunting trip because everyone has pretty good stock due to Formula One being here last week.
KRamp90
AG
I know there are some folks on here that have access to preowned watches. I'm looking for a JLC Reverso for my wife. Can't sell the farm for it, but would like suggestions.
I don't have stars, but will buy some if that makes communication easier.
Thanks for any and all replies, irreverent or not!
FTAC2011
AG
panag
AG
One of these days I'll make that trip. Lange 1 is on my list some day but it's a long ways off haha.
YouBet
AG
Saving Glaschutte for a milestone purchase next year but did pick this up today. Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra in blue. I've had this watch on my list for a more casual watch. Color is more blue gray in reality which really appealed to me.

AgEng06
AG
We ate at Gringo's in CS on Friday night and our waiter was a college-aged kid wearing a Sub. I complimented him on it, hoping to get a story about it (since you don't see many kids that age waiting tables in a $10k watch). He said his dad owns a jewelry shop in Houston and gifted it to him.

I know, cool story bro, but I don't frequently see a Rolex in the wild so I wanted to share.
Seamaster
AG
I just wanted to get-in on the action of the biggest thread in TexAgs history.

Back in 2002 wife bought me, for $1,800, a super awesome Omega Seamaster. I sold it online for $2,500 a few years later because I was short on private school tuition payment when I was in grad school. Now that same watch, used, I see for like $12k +.....

I still like nice watches but don't want to spend too much.

A few years ago I bought an A5 Automatic Field Watch by Vaer. Less than $500 and really nice piece.

VAER | A5 Field Black: 10ATM, Sapphire Glass, USA Assembled (vaerwatches.com)

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's a sick watch, never heard of them!
I don't know if the username checks out, or is just sad, but you should get another seamaster just to be sure.
Diggity
AG
Seamaster said:

Back in 2002 wife bought me, for $1,800, a super awesome Omega Seamaster. I sold it online for $2,500 a few years later because I was short on private school tuition payment when I was in grad school. Now that same watch, used, I see for like $12k +.....
which model? I haven't seen many Omega's increase in value like that
Seamaster
AG
Diggity said:

Seamaster said:

which model? I haven't seen many Omega's increase in value like that

Maybe I am miss-remembering or exaggerating...

I don't recall the exact model # and struggling to find the exact one online. It looked a lot like this one. It was a 'Seamaster Professional Chronometer' but the background had the wavy effect.

Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Sword Hands for $4,049 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24
Diggity
AG
gotcha...I have a very similar watch, that I bought around the same time.

That one retails for under $6K these days. You should be able to get a discount off MSRP as well.
zgolfz85
AG
Username checks out
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
AgEng06
AG
Wrong thread, bro.
zgolfz85
AG
Go rangers
BoDog
AG
In 2004 I bought my first datejust (preowned) for $2800. Safe to say times have changed.
nealan
It was about that time that you could get pre-owned Subs for $5,000 routinely
AgEng06
AG
BoDog said:

In 2004 I bought my first datejust (preowned) for $2800. Safe to say times have changed.
Yes, it's very safe to say times have changed over the last 20 years.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
The Explorer II has been my grail watch for a while but this is very tempting at about 1/3 the price.

https://www.longines.com/en-us/p/watch-longines-spirit-l3-802-1-59-6

schmendeler
AG
Longines becoming the "Tudor" of Omega?
Mateo84
AG
Longines makes some good-looking stuff.
panag
AG
Wife just picked me up a Longines VHP for Christmas. Looking forward to it for an everyday watch.
jh0400
AG
Looks a lot like a BB Pro.

So far I've been a fan of my Zulu Time. If I'd bought it earlier there is a chance I'd have two or three fewer watches in my collection.
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.