Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,629 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by BBRex
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost more intrigued by Craig beginning his physical morph into being Bill Nighy.
AgEng06
AG
Lol. He looks like he's becoming a Bond villain.
AgEng06
AG
And if that ends up being a regular, non-limited edition Speedy, I want one.
panag
AG
Agreed. I think it looks great, and I'm not a Speedy guy.
Terminus Est
New piece came in the mail, really a big fan of the Arnold and Sons line. They're owned by the same company as Angelus which has become a new favorite of mine. This watch has a beautiful dial treatment, a gorgeous display caseback and 8 day hand wound power reserve. The MSRP is around $16k but you can get a great deal on these as I bought this mint '22 for $6k. Wrist shot and marketing pics to see the detail

FTAC2011
AG
8 day power reserve is insane. Nice pickup!
YouBet
AG
Damn that is beautiful and looks a bit like my Glashutte Grail watch.
schmendeler
AG
One of the days is spent winding.
Terminus Est
schmendeler said:

One of the days is spent winding.

No pain no -3 seconds/+3 seconds gain
Daytona22
AG
Saw someone selling a Rolex submariner over in the classifieds if anyone is interested…

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3423225
Terminus Est
La Grasa showing off the root beer
dummble
AG
I had reached out to FTAC about a birthday day date but I think I talked myself out of it. But then my wife talked herself into a Cartier Juste un Clou for her 40th. Turns out they only sell those at Cartier. I had daydreams of spinning that purchase into the relationship with an AD you guys keep talking about.

I have never bought expensive jewelry. Any tips?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Ring? Bracelet?
dummble
AG
bracelet
Diggity
AG
buy her a knock off...she'll never know the difference.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
dummble said:

bracelet
https://www.jomashop.com/search?q=cartier%20juste%20un%20clou
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cartier will haggle, in my experience.
FTAco07
AG
Asked nicely and got to try on this guy today, unfortunately I couldn't leave the boutique with it and it's a 6-7 year waitlist.
SPF250
AG
Classic look. Me likey.
FTAC2011
AG
FTAco07 said:

Asked nicely and got to try on this guy today, unfortunately I couldn't leave the boutique with it and it's a 6-7 year waitlist.

37mm?

Secondary is around retail and tax. lol at 7 year wait
FTAco07
AG
Yeah, 37mm but it wears significantly bigger than that. The bracelet isn't clasped in my pic so it's not wearing properly.

For whatever reason Vacheron has never appreciated like Patek or AP, but I personally like their stuff more than AP and as much or more in some cases than Patek.
FTAC2011
AG
FTAco07 said:

Yeah, 37mm but it wears significantly bigger than that. The bracelet isn't clasped in my pic so it's not wearing properly.

For whatever reason Vacheron has never appreciated like Patek or AP, but I personally like their stuff more than AP and as much or more in some cases than Patek.

No doubt. Vacheron one of the best brands out there. I wasn't taking a shot at you. Just clarifying the model and calling out the fact that some people will tell you anything to create fomo.
FTAco07
AG
No worries at all. They weren't trying to sell me on that piece, and as much as I like it I don't actually want to own one. If I did I would buy the original 70s vintage model.

I did however get on the allocation list for an overseas dual time in that oh so beautiful Vacheron blue.
FTAC2011
AG
Awesome piece. If interested, I can get to you for less than retail and tax. Very little wait.
FTAco07
AG
Thanks for the offer but I want to buy this one through the boutique.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Just received a Mozsly Dual Watch Winder today. Will keep you posted after a bit of use. So far pretty impressed.
YouBet
AG
Blue one is nice. Gold one is yuck.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Awesome piece. If interested, I can get to you for less than retail and tax. Very little wait.

What kind of magic can you work on watches like the Cartier Santos, Reverso, or Calatrava?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
FTAC2011
AG
Pm sent
FTAC2011
AG
Got a deal here ags.

$14300. Literally $1k over retail and tax with no wait. Sold to me as new by my client but the AD scratched it in a couple places when sizing. Client told me he put it in safe after buying in May 2023 and never wore. I believe him but I don't consider new new because of the scratches

Look up comps. If you can find it cheaper (comparable) let me know.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
This is such a cool looking watch in person. Pics don't do it justice.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
AgLA06
AG
I just saw a Shinola commercial on TV!
BoDog
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Got a deal here ags.

$14300. Literally $1k over retail with no wait. Sold to me as new by my client but the AD scratched it in a couple places when sizing. Client told me he put it in safe after buying in May 2023 and never wore. I believe him but I don't consider new new because of the scratches

Look up comps. If you can find it cheaper (comparable) let me know.

My brother is asking if that is the 40mm and not the 37mm. Pretty sure it is the 40 but just making sure...
FTAC2011
AG
Yes this is the 40mm reference 126622
krosch11
AG
I'm not typically a Rolex person but that is a great looking piece.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.