Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,751,548 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BBRex
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Got a deal here. Still pretty high over MSRP but definitely a good price for secondary market if anyone is interested. Brand new, October 2023, full box and papers. Gmt master II "sprite" reference 126720VTNR

$17,200

If I had my watch polished, how close would it come to looking like this again?
schmendeler
AG
Is it the same model?
Sea Speed
AG
Ha you know what I mean.
FTAC2011
AG
Sea Speed said:

FTAC2011 said:

Got a deal here. Still pretty high over MSRP but definitely a good price for secondary market if anyone is interested. Brand new, October 2023, full box and papers. Gmt master II "sprite" reference 126720VTNR

$17,200

If I had my watch polished, how close would it come to looking like this again?

Pretty close man you would be happy
planoaggie123
AG
Are we still a few years out until there is any sort of availability on new Rolex? I am about 9 months out from pulling the trigger but wanting to get a datejust for me and wife. Really was hoping to get them both new but just seems impossible….
schmendeler
AG
Stuff I've seen online seems to indicate that wait times are going down.
SPF250
AG
This is SPF250 reporting live from Kyoto, Japan. After being in country for a week (Tokyo, Kanizawa) I've passed by a number of watch boutiques but the itinerary didn't allow for stopping. Finally had a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and spent a while at the Isetan a block from the hotel.

After paying for this trip, I didn't have the budget for a nice watch, but holy cow they had quite the selection. The Grand Seiko counter had some sort of Master designation and, wow, I could have done some damage there. However, I did buy this G-Shock for jumping in the pool, lake or hiking. With the exchange rate, the price looks comparable to US pricing, but I did save sales tax.

Interesting that I haven't seen a Rolex AD yet. I'm sure they are out there. Will definitely check duty free on the way out.
Sea Speed
AG
Clock shop on main Street in bozeman had a handful of vintage Rolex watches and a couple Cartier and a handful of other pieces. Ca 2000 sub was 10k but that was the only price I saw. Older pieces were in the cases and couldn't see the prices.
YouBet
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Shout out to FTAC2011 for the help. Highly recommend his services.

Breitling Navitimer 41

Not sure I'm smart enough to figure out time on this watch.
Zobel
AG
little hand points to the hour
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Does the bezel move externally? My Japanavitimer i posted a couple weeks ago has an extra crown that moves an internally rotating bezel. It came with instructions but i don't care enough to convert between statutory and nautical miles
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Does the bezel move externally? My Japanavitimer i posted a couple weeks ago has an extra crown that moves an internally rotating bezel. It came with instructions but i don't care enough to convert between statutory and nautical miles

Yes sir.
planoaggie123
AG
schmendeler said:

Stuff I've seen online seems to indicate that wait times are going down.

Thanks. Maybe will try and run by an AD sometime in the next month or two and see what they have to say.
TarponChaser
Have any of y'all ever heard of Marathon Watches? I just got a random email marketing thing and although I like the look couldn't find anything on them about their movements, where they're made, etc.

Arctic Edition Day/Date
Coog97
tritium lume is cool!
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
jh0400
AG
Movement is an SW220. It's in the link you posted. 46mm is a nice subtle size as well.
TarponChaser
jh0400 said:

Movement is an SW220. It's in the link you posted. 46mm is a nice subtle size as well.

Thanks, I didn't scroll that far down. And yes, 46mm is large but not everybody is built like Lina's pencil-necked beard.
jh0400
AG
I hope you're doing well in managing your Type 2 diabetes.
TarponChaser
jh0400 said:

Me & Big Papi share a similar physique. I just don't have his bank account.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
TarponChaser said:

jh0400 said:

Terminus Est
TarponChaser said:

Have any of y'all ever heard of Marathon Watches? I just got a random email marketing thing and although I like the look couldn't find anything on them about their movements, where they're made, etc.

Arctic Edition Day/Date

They are good watches but I find them overpriced, I think they play on the fact that they've made watches for the US and Canadian militaries and think that gives them a halo effect to charge what they do
TheOC16
AG
Terminus Est said:

TarponChaser said:

Arctic Edition Day/Date

They are good watches but I find them overpriced, I think they play on the fact that they've made watches for the US and Canadian militaries and think that gives them a halo effect to charge what they do

"They are good watches but I find them overpriced, I think they play on the fact that they've made watches for [insert somewhat notable activity/event/sport/group] and think that gives them a halo effect to charge what they do"

^Above statement describes 85% of the luxury watch industry^
nealan
And they do come in smaller sizes as well as quartz for less money
AgLA06
AG
TheOC16 said:

"They are good watches but I find them overpriced, I think they play on the fact that they've made watches for [insert somewhat notable activity/event/sport/group] and think that gives them a halo effect to charge what they do"

^Above statement describes 85% of the luxury watch industry^
Tag and Omega are going to be pissed that you're outing their marketing / branding plans to the public.
BBRex
AG
My coworker has a Marathon and really likes it. Makes for a great everyday watch.
FTAC2011
AG

Mr. McGibblets
AG
Damn 3 SD. Jelly
YouBet
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Wonder Twin powers. Activate!
AgLA06
AG
FTAC2011 said:

That's embarrassing. 3 of the same watches. Who would be caught dead in the same outfit!?!
ChemAg15
AG
Holding hands is ghey
Mateo84
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Holding hands is ghey

I can appreciate some nice watches, but seriously what the heck is going on in this photo?
YouBet
AG
Not sure I've ever seen a man's wedding ring inlaid with diamonds.
zgolfz85
AG
What are all the right hands under the table doing?
YouBet
AG
zgolfz85 said:

What are all the right hands under the table doing?

This thread can certainly be a circle jerk at times when it comes to certain brands....and then this group literally has one.
Diggity
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.