Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,973 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mail call today.

AgEng06
AG
Love it. Congrats!
schmendeler
AG
Welcome to the club, watch brother!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
2 days from "curious" to wrist pics. Look out Dies!!!
jh0400
AG
I've been looking for a grey watch for a while. I found this one with a box and papers for <$3,000 and jumped on it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I want a 925 bad! Love gray watches
krosch11
AG
https://www.txauction.com/auctions/29776-us-marshals-service-fine-jewelry-auction

Some interesting Rolex's here
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Thats pretty much exactly what I'd expect with the exception of the Batman.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Sea Speed
AG
krosch11 said:

https://www.txauction.com/auctions/29776-us-marshals-service-fine-jewelry-auction

And an Eagles super bowl ring
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Sea Speed said:

krosch11 said:

Stolen
highvelocity
AG
I was sent here by the OB, thanks in advance!

I've been looking for a nice watch for awhile, but been too cheap to spend the money on a new one or from an actual jewelry store and stumbled upon an estate auction that has 3 nice looking tag heuer pieces. I'm tempted to buy all three, but wanted to see what the used value on them were. They all appear to be in a good shape, 85% plus in condition and in working order. I like the 300M of the bunch so my thought was to buy it and then flip the other 2.

models are:

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300M Automatic Mens Watch
Tag Heuer WAH1111 Formula 1 Mens 200M Quartz Watch
Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M Automatic Mens Watch

Any thoughts on used values or any other information would be greatly appreciated!

HV
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Sea Speed
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Sea Speed said:

krosch11 said:

Stolen

Or was bought from a player who squandered all of his earnings about 3 weeks after he got out of the league amd sold it to continue that NFL lifestyle
TheOC16
AG
If you're intending to try to flip these, the value is going to be partially determined by your intended method of selling them.

Which would be?
JSKolache
AG
Tags dont hold their value. If you like one and get a good deal, go for it. But dont buy the others to flip, youll likely lose $.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Sea Speed said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Sea Speed said:

krosch11 said:

Stolen

Or was bought from a player who squandered all of his earnings about 3 weeks after he got out of the league amd sold it to continue that NFL lifestyle

Apparently it's from a rapper of some sort.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/08/us/omi-in-a-hellcat-car-auction-trnd/index.html
highvelocity
AG
I'm not entirely sure. What comes to mind is eBay or a higher end jewelry store. I am not sure what would be the best option. I'm not well versed in higher end watches
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Guitarsoup
AG
highvelocity said:

I've been looking for a nice watch for awhile, but been too cheap to spend the money on a new one or from an actual jewelry store and stumbled upon an estate auction that has 3 nice looking tag heuer pieces. I'm tempted to buy all three, but wanted to see what the used value on them were. They all appear to be in a good shape, 85% plus in condition and in working order. I like the 300M of the bunch so my thought was to buy it and then flip the other 2.

models are:

Any thoughts on used values or any other information would be greatly appreciated!

HV
Buying Tags to flip is a losing proposition. I wouldn't get any of those, personally.
jh0400
AG
Used Tags are plentiful on eBay at prices considerably lower than MSRP. If I were you I'd buy one that you want to wear and forget trying to flip them. Most likely you're going to lose money in the process.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I would tell you you will make your money with your purchase price, as with all things. Watches are a luxury item and we've seen pricing fall and availability increase over the last year or so as folks have been hurting in this economy. So if you want to flip these, just make sure you get them on the cheap.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
FTAC2011
AG
Also keep in mind tags are one of the most faked brands out there
AgLA06
AG
Guitarsoup said:

highvelocity said:

models are:

HV
Buying Tags to flip is a losing proposition. I wouldn't get any of those, personally.
Real or fiction at this point, Tag doesn't have a great reputation compared to similar options. They tend to lose about 30% of their value over the first 3 years while other brands hold or appreciate. Tag is great at marketing and public name recognition. It's what keeps their sales going.

Since you posted the aquaracer take a look at;
  • Tudor if you can expand your budget a little
  • Christopher Ward for similar or even reduced budget

Sorry Soup! I quoted you instead of replying to him.
AgLA06
AG
See post above.
drmwvr
AG
Omega was my gateway watch many years ago and I still like the brand. That said, Tudor is the brand I would start with now if they are in your budget.
panag
AG
Thoughts on favorite GMTs under $5K? Used is fine though I have a slight preference for new. Really eyeing Tudor, but open to any brand.
jh0400
AG
I love to travel and have a soft spot for GMT watches. Under $5k I'd look at the following:

Tudor Pepsi
Longines Spirit Zulu Time (I'll probably grab one of these in the new 39mm size)
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Tag Carrera Twin Time
AgEng06
AG
panag said:

Thoughts on favorite GMTs under $5K? Used is fine though I have a slight preference for new. Really eyeing Tudor, but open to any brand.
A few ideas in this price range that I like. The Black Bay Pro is probably my favorite.

- Longines Zulu Time: https://www.longines.com/en-us/p/watch-longines-spirit-l3-812-4-63-6

- Tudor Black Bay GMT: https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watch-family/black-bay-gmt

Tudor Black Bay Pro: https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-pro/m79470-0001

Terminus Est
Hey fellas long time lurker first time poster coming to you live from Dubai. Lots of Rolex watches in the AD's, Boutiques and Airports, but only in precious metal. Have heard the flow of steel watches is at a 5 year high but they're pounding through their backlog of A-tier customers; but should see the secondary prices come down to near MSRP levels shortly.

Also; day of jihad fairly muted here in Dubai as my habibi and I drink beer, take jaeger shots and play pool
FTAC2011
AG
I'll sell you my tag twin time if interested. Silver dial. Doubt you will find it cheaper. $1k. It's watch only no box or papers. Will have to get you a pic later.
AgEng06
AG
Sooo, how'd you get banned this time?
Terminus Est
AgEng06 said:

Sooo, how'd you get banned this time?

I have no idea what you're talking about; but my wife tells me I need to moderate my opinions on geopolitics
AgEng06
AG
Smart woman
YouBet
AG
I would absolutely go with Longines in this list.
Farmer1906
AG
YouBet said:

I would absolutely go with Longines in this list.
I would do the opposite.
Terminus Est
I would go with the Tudor two tone gmt
Diggity
AG
Tudor needs to sponsor this thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 350 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.