Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,858 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's really cool!
RVAg02
AG
Love it! Have the same watch with white dial. Enjoy!!!
Sea Speed
AG
I turn 40 soon as well and you have me tempted to look for a 1984 watch as well.
panag
AG
I've got a monotone version of this watch from '74 that my grandfather handed down. Absolutely love it. Congrats!
BCO07
AG
Will be getting a 1985 date just when I turn 40
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
AgEng06 said:

Ok... a huge thanks again to FTAC who sourced this for me. I reached out a few weeks ago to see if he could find me a 1984 16013 Datejust. (I know there are mixed opinions on birth year watches, but I'm turning 40 in January, and I wanted one.)

Not only did he find me exactly what I asked for, but it's also in excellent condition...

that is one of my favorite watches
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Ok... a huge thanks again to FTAC who sourced this for me. I reached out a few weeks ago to see if he could find me a 1984 16013 Datejust. (I know there are mixed opinions on birth year watches, but I'm turning 40 in January, and I wanted one.)

Not only did he find me exactly what I asked for, but it's also in excellent condition...

congrats dude, awesome piece!
nealan
This exact watch and the submariner are what I think of when I think classic Rolex !
AgEng06
AG
Thanks everyone.
AgEng06
AG
Sea Speed said:

I turn 40 soon as well and you have me tempted to look for a 1984 watch as well.
If you're really interested, I would go to BobsWatches.com (you can filter by the 1980s) and look around at the different offerings to see what catches your eye.

Then, once you figure out what you want, reach out to FTAC because he can get you a better deal than Bob's and is great to work with.
nealan
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it…My first expensive watch was a 1601
AgEng06
AG
Awesome! I like that strap look.

I think the only major difference between the 1601 and 16013 is the quick-set date capability.
nealan
Let me tell ya, the quick set is great invention!!!
schmendeler
AG
I've never cared for the two-tone DJ but it looks excellent on the strap.
nealan
I've become a fan of the strap in my old age. More comfortable to me

Mas89
AG

Early 90s date just which is rarely worn these days. Any Recommendations for having it professionally cleaned in Houston? Might want to trade it on a new sub or clean and adjust the bracelet. Thoughts on value?
schmendeler
AG
I'll give you about tree fitty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Hal Martins. Is the face blue or black? I might be interested.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Mas89
AG
Blue. Original owner and have original box/ papers here somewhere. No idea on value though.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I would ask Hal Martin and FTAC2011 and maybe others here have a good idea. Honestly I'm not a valuation expert (as I think small details can make a big difference in value) and don't want to underpay you or overpay you, ha! Happy to be fair about it! My contact info (cell and email) is in my profile. Shoot me a text or PM when you decide on a price and let's discuss!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
nealan
Some watches for comparison (from Bob's so that I could search "90's")

nealan
And, Chrono24…

FTAC2011
AG
Pm sent
RVAg02
AG
Hal Martins once offered me $500 for my late 80s datejust with diamond markers. Walked out and haven't been back since.

I probably looked like a sucker at the time. Young. But still.

But lots of folks have good stories so I find my experience really odd.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Newer to the watch world. Has anyone here shopped on Watchmaxx? What's the difference between them and AD besides steep price cut?
jh0400
AG
Factory warranty.

I've never bought from them but would go Jomashop over them for a gray market watch. If you're patient and willing to go used Chrono24 is a good source. Just make sure to filter only US watches unless you want to get hit with a customs bill.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
jh0400 said:

Factory warranty.

I've never bought from them but would go Jomashop over them for a gray market watch. If you're patient and willing to go used Chrono24 is a good source. Just make sure to filter only US watches unless you want to get hit with a customs bill.
Has anyone here pulled any sort of discount at an AD? These are a huge difference.
jh0400
AG
What are you trying to buy?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Looking at Breitling at the moment.
FTAC2011
AG
Message me I often can get discount on breitling new with factory warranty depending on the model
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
FTAC2011 said:

Message me I often can get discount on breitling new with factory warranty depending on the model
Done
AgLA06
AG
"Prepare Yourself! The Call From Your Rolex AD Is Coming Sooner Than You Think"

https://www.fratellowatches.com/the-call-from-your-rolex-ad-is-coming-sooner-than-you-think/
jh0400
AG
I really like this one. Do you polish yours occasionally or let it tarnish naturally?
schmendeler
AG
Thanks! I haven't tried to polish it. Kind of curious to see where it goes, patina-wise. There's definitely a bit on the areas that are kind of in the corners, but nothing too obvious yet.
jh0400
AG
Cool. I've got the itch for a gray watch, and it's between the BB58 925 and the latest FC Healey. I'll probably go BB58 if I can snag one for around $3k.
First Page Last Page
Page 349 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.