Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,757 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Matt Watson said:

In honor of Bama week, a Rolex Date 1500 given to both teams at the 1968 Cotton Bowl where Coach Stallings' Aggies beat Alabama and Coach Bryant.

thats badass
AgEng06
AG
That's awesome.
Sea Speed
AG
Super badass. And redass.
AgLA06
AG
And we complain about NIL. I haven't seen any kids get a Rolex lately. Don't bowl games have like a $500 cap these days for swag?

That's really cool. Now I'm jealous.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
AgLA06 said:

And we complain about NIL. I haven't seen any kids get a Rolex lately.

That's really cool. Now I'm jealous.
I just spent 45 minutes down the rabbit hole, last one sold in 2018 or 2019 that I could find lol
nealan
what did it sell for ??
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/christies-watches-online/rolex-date-1968-cotton-bowl-classic-ref-1500-213/67538
TheOC16
AG
Promise you one would go for more than that if it was simply auctioned in this thread.
AgEng06
AG
Just got my new CW C63 Sealander Bronze 100. So far I really like the look. And my CW family is growing...

TP Ag '87
AG
The bronze looks nice on that strap.
nealan
For sure
slaughtr
AG
When I was 6 years old, my family and I moved to Adelaide, Australia for 5 years. So when I saw that Artem Straps were based there, I had to get one. Feels very well made and sturdy. Probably going to take months to break in. Really like the deployment clasp. I really like the bracelet that came with my Speedy, but I have other watches to wear the strap on if I go back to the bracelet on this watch.

AgEng06
AG
I like that, and have been eyeing an Artem strap for my Speedy for a while now. I just haven't pulled the trigger.
slaughtr
AG
AgEng06 said:

I like that, and have been eyeing an Artem strap for my Speedy for a while now. I just haven't pulled the trigger.
Surprisingly came very quick. Very impressed. Ultimately it will probably end up on my bronze CW diver, since I like the Speedy bracelet so much. But where I live, it's already turning cold and the bracelet is wearing loose, so a good time to give it a try.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, that makes sense. I have an order with my local Omega AD to get the adjustable clasp. Unfortunately when I bought my new 3861 in May 2022 they weren't shipping with the new clasp yet. Now they are.
AgEng06
AG
Teaser alert!

Incoming from FTAC....

RVAg02
AG
Oh no. This is not going to be good for me
AgEng06
AG
RVAg02 said:

Oh no. This is not going to be good for me
Lol. Now I'm not sure what you're expecting here...
LPHA
AG
Are we still on track for Thanksgiving delivery?
TP Ag '87
AG
Showing my ignorance. Help?
AgEng06
AG
I have a watch arriving today from FTAC2011 (a poster and watch dealer on this board that has helped many of us procure watches). I was teasing it a little bit before I get it and post pics later.
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

I have a watch arriving today from FTAC2011 (a poster and watch dealer on this board that has helped many of us procure watches). I was teasing it a little bit before I get it and post pics later.
this will be your biggest watch to date I'm assuming?
AgEng06
AG
Dollar-wise, no. It slots in under my Speedy Pro.

I guess the guys on the thread (cough, Farmer) can argue the merits of "bigness" for a vintage Rolex vs a new Omega, however.
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Dollar-wise, no. It slots in under my Speedy Pro.

I guess the guys on the thread (cough, Farmer) can argue the merits of "bigness" for a vintage Rolex vs a new Omega, however.
nice, looking forward to seeing it
TP Ag '87
AG
I know about FTAC2011 as I just got my Tudor from him. Just didn't understand the picture of the Rolex note.
AgEng06
AG
Ha, makes sense. Sorry for the confusion. I was just trying to bring something to the thread since it has been pretty quiet lately.
FTAco07
AG
That's basically the certificate of authenticity with model number for watches made before a certain date. The modern day equivalent is the plastic card.
TP Ag '87
AG
Ah, gotcha.
panag
AG
Sounds like FTAC is a good person to know around here.
AgLA06
AG
panag said:

Not according to our accountants.
TheOC16
AG
AgLA06 said:

panag said:

Not according to our accountants.

You must not have your collection setup on a Chrono24 account. FTAC's prices make your valuations look pretty good on there.

(Provided you didn't buy everything you own during the height of the Covid "investment" craze.)
TheOC16
AG
Speaking of…
I'll give y'all another shot at a steal.
Full kit, excellent condition.

TexAgs only deal at way below comps anywhere else online: $3,550

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
LPHA said:

Are we still on track for Thanksgiving delivery?
Looking like it will be closer to Christmas. Some production has already started and we're working to tighten the windows. I'll be sending out another update when I hear back from the factory. Should be any day now.

AgEng06
AG
Ok... a huge thanks again to FTAC who sourced this for me. I reached out a few weeks ago to see if he could find me a 1984 16013 Datejust. (I know there are mixed opinions on birth year watches, but I'm turning 40 in January, and I wanted one.)

Not only did he find me exactly what I asked for, but it's also in excellent condition...

LPHA
AG
Thanks for the update!
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.