Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,666 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
Dies Irae
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dude across from me in the lounge rocking a Breitling Chronomat. Don't see a lot out in the wild
AgLA06
AG
My grandfather loves his. Got it for himself since I have a bluesy to be his something similar, but different.

I shouldn't admit it, but I like the way it feels on the wrist better than the bluesy. Obviously, not the same level, but it's a nice watch.
Dies Irae
AgLA06 said:

My grandfather loves his. Got it for himself since I have a bluesy.

The Navitimer gets all the love but the Chronomat is almost the same level of iconic from Breitling
slaughtr
AG
zgolfz85 said:

AgEng06 said:

Welp, CW got me on their latest release. I've been wanting a bronze watch for a little while, and I love my other CW diver, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this...

https://www.christopherward.com/watches/c63-bronze-100/C63-39ADC3-B00V0-VT.html

been eyeing it too. let me know what you think. I really want a bronze watch that patinates...the tudor special edition is awesome, but I don't want to spend 5k on a bronze
I have a 2022 Christopher Ward C65 Aquitaine Bronze I was thinking of selling on Chrono24. I like the watch, I just don't wear many of my watches other than my new Speedmaster Professional.
Dies Irae
I would consider selling it on watchuseek, much easier and cheaper with better visibility
slaughtr
AG
Dies Irae said:

I would consider selling it on watchuseek, much easier and cheaper with better visibility

Thanks!
Matt Watson
I have a brown dial Chronomat with a maroon alligator strap that actually gives the illusion the dial is maroon.

zgolfz85
AG
bought this when they dropped the price from 1k down to $599. Just got it in person today....honestly blown away. The presentation was incredible, only 250 made of each (midnight or regular), came with a tool kit, t shirt, stickers and handwritten note from the owners. It's a lot of watch for $599. For my next watch, I'll probably go with a Tudor or Oris I've been eyeing, but man, some of these boutique micro brands pump out some cool ***** The carbon bezel is sick in person

https://www.canopywatchco.com/collections/wake-one/products/wake-one-black

TheOC16
AG
zgolfz85 said:

bought this when they dropped the price from 1k down to $599. Just got it in person today....honestly blown away. The presentation was incredible, only 250 made of each (midnight or regular), came with a tool kit, t shirt, stickers and handwritten note from the owners. It's a lot of watch for $599. For my next watch, I'll probably go with a Tudor or Oris I've been eyeing, but man, some of these boutique micro brands pump out some cool ***** The carbon bezel is sick in person

Then why is this crappy stock photo what you're posting?

Come on man - give us wrist pics!
zgolfz85
AG
TheOC16 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Then why is this crappy stock photo what you're posting?

Come on man - give us wrist pics!

Ha fair enough, was being lazy. Will do though
zgolfz85
AG
Impossible to get the detail in that carbon bezel and face in this fluorescent light filled office, but in person it's sharp

schmendeler
AG
Much more interesting in real pics
zgolfz85
AG
schmendeler said:

Much more interesting in real pics

Yeah wish I could do the texture on the bezel and face justice, but would need to get out my real camera for that and not here in the office. One of the guys is out of Houston. Modified sellita movement. I've got a few of the micro brand watches now and it's nice to pair alongside the traditional luxury brands because you can get 3-4 (or more) at the price of a single household name brand. It's also a lot easier to wear as daily rotations because I always freak out wearing my expensive watches when it's peak summer or rainy days etc. I've never been one of those guys that can go do yard work or go fishing or hiking, etc with a nice watch on, so need some nice "beater" watches
slaughtr
AG
Not in any sense high end, but on the proper strap, a decent Aggie game day watch, until the "bioceramic" breaks.
Diggity
AG
I like that strap you added
slaughtr
AG
$12 on Amazon
FTAco07
AG
Good job on the new rubber. The factory strap is so so bad on those things.
BCO07
AG
If I could find one msrp, I'd get one with that same strap. Love it for game day
slaughtr
AG
BCO07 said:

If I could find one msrp, I'd get one with that same strap. Love it for game day
I was in Vienna last week and with the hype for the Blancpain Swatch model, the MoonSwatches were easy to get at both Vienna Swatch stores. I didn't wear it even once with that crappy velcro strap, just jumped on Amazon and looked up " Mission to Pluto" strap and it was waiting for me when I got home.

Plus, buying the Swatch prevented me from spending waaaaaay more on a real watch there, lol.
Dies Irae
Bought new watch at the Omega Boutique in the Bellagio yesterday, absolutely stunning piece in person. You always pay a little more at the boutiques than you would online or through gray market but sometimes it's more fun. Met some great guys at the boutique as well.
schmendeler
AG
Gold?
Dies Irae
schmendeler said:

Gold?

schmendeler
AG
Nice. Really like the aquaterra on that blue rubber strap.
panag
AG
Same.
Dies Irae
I hadn't seen the light blue in person but it looks amazing. Very classic and simple looking watch and I normally don't like Sedna gold but it looked incredible in this application
jh0400
AG
An AT small seconds with the silver face and blue accents will be my next watch.
chap
AG
jh0400 said:

An AT small seconds with the silver face and blue accents will be my next watch.

This one?

YouBet
AG
I normally don't like gold period but I like this one.
jh0400
AG
That's the one.
YouBet
AG
Headed to HH. See y'all there.
aggiedata
AG
nealan
I've seen that. I think I remember reading an article that called the evaluation BS because it was based on the watch being basically "unworn" but you can clearly see wear on the case back , sticker etc etc . Good for that guy though!
schmendeler
AG
Rocking the BB58 925 today.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

Matt Watson
In honor of Bama week, a Rolex Date 1500 given to both teams at the 1968 Cotton Bowl where Coach Stallings' Aggies beat Alabama and Coach Bryant.
First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.