Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,592 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
RVAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the blue 58 on today. Put an uncle seiko jubilee bracelet on it because I like the feel of jubilee and the bracelet that came with the 58 didn't fit well. Curious if I can get a T fit bracelet to go with the 58.

RVAg02
AG
DDP
Dies Irae
panag said:

Man Tudors are really growing on me big time.

They are fantastic watches
TP Ag '87
AG
I fought liking them for a while with the whole Rolex sister/wannabe thing. Just the more I researched and see how they're kinda doing their own thing now, plus I just REALLY liked the watch itself, I pulled the trigger.

This watch just feels great.
panag
AG
The aesthetics suit me better than Rolex for sure, outside of the snowflake. I don't know as much about their movements.
TP Ag '87
AG
I actually like the snowflakes as that's kinda their distinctive mark.
Sea Speed
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Same. But I also think calling it a snowflake is kind of dumb.
panag
AG
Definitely wouldn't stop me from having one.
YouBet
AG
Sea Speed said:

TP Ag '87 said:

Same. But I also think calling it a snowflake is kind of dumb.
Why is it called that? I have my own inappropriate term for it. I can't get past it, personally. Highly distracting in a negative way, but to each his own as I know they are great watches.
Sea Speed
AG
Because people like to name things ie bluesy, hulk, panda etc etc.

Anyways, it just looks like a diamond to me.
YouBet
AG
Sea Speed said:

Because people like to name things ie bluesy, hulk, panda etc etc.

Anyways, it just looks like a diamond to me.
I'm going to get myself banned from this thread because I hate almost any and all nicknames for watches. They are all dumb and we should just use their proper names. Pepsi, Root beer, etc. DUMB.

I'll shut up now.
RVAg02
AG
I get it. I just find them a handy shorthand for some variations. I'll agree that the race to name every watch is too much.
YouBet
AG
RVAg02 said:

I get it. I just find them a handy shorthand for some variations. I'll agree that the race to name every watch is too much.
One of the issues I have with it is that I have no idea what watch we are even talking about at times because everyone is using random ass watch jargon. Some are obvious; others are not.

I have this same rant about the Automotive board. All kinds of random ass nicknames for cars over there although those are a bit more obvious that make me crazy.

I've been drinking tonight though so ignore me.
AgEng06
AG
Welp, CW got me on their latest release. I've been wanting a bronze watch for a little while, and I love my other CW diver, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this...

https://www.christopherward.com/watches/c63-bronze-100/C63-39ADC3-B00V0-VT.html

zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Welp, CW got me on their latest release. I've been wanting a bronze watch for a little while, and I love my other CW diver, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this...

https://www.christopherward.com/watches/c63-bronze-100/C63-39ADC3-B00V0-VT.html

been eyeing it too. let me know what you think. I really want a bronze watch that patinates...the tudor special edition is awesome, but I don't want to spend 5k on a bronze
Diggity
AG
here's a nice bronze option

AgEng06
AG
Will do. And that's the same reason I jumped on this. I like the Tudor bronze options, but with a bunch of other watches on my radar, I didn't want to spend that much on a "special" type watch that I honestly won't wear all the time.
Dies Irae
i also like the full bronze green oris, I can't imagine what the patina must look like after being worn a while; the thing has to sound like you're the Marley brothers clanking and clinking whenever you move.

AgEng06
AG
Agree. I also really like this Oris, over the full bronze bracelet (and it would be perfect for game day).

https://www.oris.ch/en-US/watch/big-crown-bronze-pointer-date/01-754-7741-3168-07-5-20-58br

jh0400
AG
I really like the bronze BB58, but there are a few things ahead of it on my wish list.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
CW released a new bronze with green dial recently.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/watches/C63-Bronze-100/C63-39ADC3-B00V0-VT.html
AgEng06
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

https://www.christopherward.com/int/watches/C63-Bronze-100/C63-39ADC3-B00V0-VT.html

Dies Irae
Marauder Blue 6 said:

It's not bad but I prefer this one, don't know if y'all have seen it yet
Dies Irae
In watch news I am going to Las Vegas tomorrow for a business meeting and then staying over to watch the Canelo Alvarez vs Htown's own Jermell Charlo.

Should have lots of time for watch browsing. Hopefully get stiff armed by the 7' guard at the Richard Mille boutique
Canyon99
AG
Unique use of colors but I personally couldn't buy and wear that watch as it would remind me of Anthony Farrar.
Canyon99
AG
TheOC16 said:

TexAgs Price: $2,250

Full kit, also comes with OEM blue rubber strap with deployant clasp.

Ahh a square Bell & Ross that started it all for an infamous TexAgs poster.
Dies Irae
Canyon99 said:

TheOC16 said:

What is this?
AgLA06
AG

TP Ag '87
AG
I'll be in LV in a couple of weeks for U2 (humble brag). Are there any must sees or deals to be had there? Guess I can always hit up Rick's pawn shop.
Dies Irae
Diggity said:

here's a nice bronze option

I actually love the way that looks but every time I go and buy something super like this it looks terrible in business attire.

Look at this poor fella, looks horrible.
Dies Irae
TP Ag '87 said:

I'll be in LV in a couple of weeks for U2 (humble brag). Are there any must sees or deals to be had there? Guess I can always hit up Rick's pawn shop.

I would go check out the Jacob & Co at the Watches of Switzerland at the Wynn, they have some of their ridiculous pieces there, and even though you won't buy anything they're amazing to look at.

The Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian are a must visit, if I remember correctly they have an AP boutique, a Breitling Botique and a Bellusso masquerading as a Vacheron Constantin boutique.

Obviously the Forum at Ceaser's Palace and the miracle mile are good, but those haven't changed much.
drmwvr
AG
I'm there for the Nov 1 show. Will be rocking my 90s era Omega Seamaster. Achtung Baby!

Edit- this was meant to be a reply to TP Ag! Lol
TheOC16
AG
Dies Irae said:

Canyon99 said:

TheOC16 said:

What is this?

Yeah color me intrigued by this story.
Dies Irae
TheOC16 said:

Dies Irae said:

Canyon99 said:

TheOC16 said:

What is this?

Yeah color me intrigued by this story.

The reason I ask is because about ten years ago I posted about a bell & Ross square faced model I bought and I'm wondering if that's the situation he was thinking of
planoaggie123
AG
TheOC16 said:

With the current state of the market, it shouldn't take too long to get what you really want on a Datejust.

I have not tracked the rolex market in a while but is there now inventory in AD stores?

I am in Dallas area but follow this thread and assume that maybe if Houston does Dallas does...??

Last time I went admittedly was over a year ago but I walked in and they had only 2 watches...both women's....they said they did not expect more inventory for several months (maybe even a year) so I walked out and just decided i would wait...

edit: realize i am being lazy by not just going but I don't have any AD's on my direct routes and really hate going to malls...
First Page Last Page
Page 346 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.