Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,133 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Quo Vadis?
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Omega X-33 according the reddit
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Too bad they couldn't make the SEAHOLM logo any bigger
AgEng06
AG
I'm looking for thoughts on a new dive watch. I currently wear (almost daily) a CW Trident Pro 300, and I love it. I don't have any complaints or issues with it, but am also thinking about getting a "nicer" diver. The top of my list is currently the Omega Seamaster 300M and the Tudor Pelagos 39. Thoughts on these two or other models?

Current CW:

Omega Seamaster 300M:

Tudor Pelagos 39:
AgLA06
AG
Personal preference. Both are great and pretty much on par pricing and quality.

Some care more about NASA / 007. Some can't get past the snowflake. Some prefer the styling and lineage to Rolex and what it's historically represented.

In this case, I'm not sure any of that matters (other than the snowflake which I don't mind). Tudor has almost been a completely reinvented company the last decade that some could argue Rolex has tried to emulate a little bit in the innovation, design, and marketing lately.

My take is the Seamaster is a little more playful and fun in design that truly plays up the ocean and diving in the design. Tudor (for obvious reasons) is more formal like a Rolex and gravitates to more historical design in that regard. Both still being dive watches, they aren't really a true formal watch, but the Tudor probably gives a little more leeway there.

My personal favorite is the BLACK BAY 58 925 in silver. Great casual or with a jacket.
Farmer1906
AG
My preference is Tudor Pelagos 39 and its not that close (my preference not the actual different between the two).
schmendeler
AG
I don't like the escape valve so this would be the omega i would consider:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-300-co-axial-master-chronometer-41-mm-23430412103001

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AgLA06 said:

My personal favorite is the BLACK BAY 58 925 in silver. Great casual or with a jacket.

Ooh great suggestion

What about something in bronze, and/ or the oris diver 65?

Jlc Polaris is a very nice dive watch
htxag09
AG
Just sold my 20 year pappy.....so starting the watch fund. What am I looking at for a Datejust? 8-10k?
schmendeler
AG
FLUTED BEZEL
jh0400
AG
Why not a BB58 instead of the Pelagos?
YouBet
AG
Call me crazy but I like your CW better than both of the other options presented from a pure aesthetic perspective.
Serotonin
AG
htxag09 said:

Just sold my 20 year pappy.....so starting the watch fund. What am I looking at for a Datejust? 8-10k?
For steel? Yeah, like $8k and change.

Other posters might have more up to date info but when I was last at two different ADs a couple of months ago you could order any non-white gold DJ and get it in 6-9 months.
Diggity
AG
it's on the website. steel jubilee with bezel is $10,500

I can't get into the smooth bezel
Farmer1906
AG
YouBet said:

Call me crazy but I like your CW better than both of the other options presented from a pure aesthetic perspective.

You are crazy.
Serotonin
AG
Diggity said:

it's on the website. steel jubilee with bezel is $10,500

I can't get into the smooth bezel
Oops, thanks.

Yeah, if you want a smooth bezel just get an OP.
htxag09
AG
I was looking at a 36mm....
Farmer1906
AG
My man.
AgLA06
AG
For your wife?? Or do you invision needing to "hide" it on you in prison?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
AgLA06
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

AgLA06 said:

Ooh great suggestion

What about something in bronze, and/ or the oris diver 65?

Jlc Polaris is a very nice dive watch
https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-58/m79012m-0001

I'd probably get a rubber and a custom leather strap for it though. Just don't like the look of the NATO or the metal bracelet.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I love the 925. I do not love it in bronze.

Edit: I like tudor as a company and a lot of what they do, but feels like they are in danger of falling down the omega trap of "offer every combination and see what sticks" That watch is just hideous on the nato and the bronze bracelet looks ridiculous and must weigh a ton. What exactly were they going for? I agree they should have just offered it on a nice cordovan strap but it's not even a factory option.
Sorry. Farmer rant off
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Irresponsible ribbing like that is what leads to this...
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Don't take style advice from TexAgs.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TheOC16
AG
AgEng06 said:

I'm looking for thoughts on a new dive watch. I currently wear (almost daily) a CW Trident Pro 300, and I love it. I don't have any complaints or issues with it, but am also thinking about getting a "nicer" diver. The top of my list is currently the Omega Seamaster 300M and the Tudor Pelagos 39. Thoughts on these two or other models?

Current CW:

Omega Seamaster 300M:

Tudor Pelagos 39:

I'm partial to this one:

Both are great watches with great diver specs (which I'm guessing you'll never actually put to the test, but specs are fun). But the pelagos shares design similarities with dozens of other dive watches. The SMP300m is a design all its own. That may not be your thing and certainly isn't for everyone. They are both great watches and would be a great addition to the collection or upgrade. Spend some time thinking on them both and then go with your gut.
BoDog
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

... or investment advice. Come to think of it, dont take any advice whatsoever from TexAgs!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Mmmm

The current diver65 bronze offerings all have goofy color dials
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
BoDog said:

Red Pear Realty said:

... or investment advice. Come to think of it, dont take any advice whatsoever from TexAgs!

Fair enough. Lots of bad investment advice out there (even here), but there's also a lot more folks here that are successful investors than there are fashion icons. It is what it is. Lots of people would argue bigger watches are already out of style today. I would say wear what you like. If that's a My Little Pony NATO on your Sub, great. If it's a $300 Seiko, cool.
nealan
I'm eyeing a Seamaster 300 for my next watch. Can't decide on black or white
AgLA06
AG
Serotonin said:

AgLA06 said:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Irresponsible ribbing like that is what leads to this...

I can't believe someone got a 5 year old such a nice watch! So irresponsible!!
schmendeler
AG
More like that watch got a five year old
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Current CW:

Omega Seamaster 300M:

Tudor Pelagos 39:

I love that CW...have it as well in blue. I don't think you can go wrong with either...I prefer the Tudor personally, but the wavy face has always been compelling to me. Like others have said, I prefer the black bay over pelagos, but just personal preference there. Both fantastic watches and a lot of bang for the buck.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for all of the replies and thoughts. I'm leaning towards the Tudor (either Pelagos or BB), mainly because I already have a Speedy Moonwatch, so another brand other than Omega is intriguing to me.

I need to visit some ADs and try some on now.
jh0400
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvuqhgqtrHF/
AgEng06
AG
Imbed help...

https://instagr.am/p/CvuqhgqtrHF

LOL imbed fail...
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That guy doing the voiceover is hilarious. He has a ton more videos that are awesome.

NSFW Language:
zgolfz85
AG
AgEng06 said:

Imbed help...

https://instagr.am/p/CvuqhgqtrHF

LOL imbed fail...

Haha, spoken like my wife! I think every couple needs a frugal person and in our case, I'm that person. The rib would blow it all the craps table and figure out the rest later. I'm too frugal, so she helps me get outta my comfort zone every now and again. If I had her mentality, I'd need a watch case with room for 50 watches…like our boy dies irae
First Page Last Page
Page 342 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.