Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,276 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Quo Vadis?
Dies Irae
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheOC16 said:

Hot take alert

They are both great watches, no doubt. The Rolex is undoubtedly more luxurious, as the Tudor does not have solid gold links or a ceramic bezel, but I like it better. I also have to say it's difficult to even discuss when you're talking about a 5x price difference.

ChemAg15
AG
One appears to say Rolex on it while the other says Tudor. I postulate that this accounts for a great deal of the price difference.
YouBet
AG
I would never wear a "root beer" of any kind. Comparatively speaking, that Tudor looks better than the Rolex. I do not like the dong heads on Tudor watch hands, but the overall watch looks cleaner, better proportioned, and less clunky than the Rolex.
panag
AG
I prefer the looks of the Tudor GMTs over Rolex as well. They have a more matte finish, which just suits my eye better. Both good looking imo though.
schmendeler
AG
I like the looks of the Rolex overall better but i dislike how wide the "shoulders" are with the lugs.
lc2012
AG
If only that was the blue dial..
zgolfz85
AG
TheOC16 said:

If any of you are last minute looking for a gameday watch, I may have something for you.

This came in last week. For those of you junkies who have to have maroon in every piece of clothing, underwear, and accessory you can throw this thing on a maroon NATO and be ready to rock. However, I love the way the natural tones interplay with an antiqued Aggie ring:

Currently on a high end aftermarket Rubber B, which is my personal favorite way to wear it. But it also comes with the OEM leather and NATO straps as well. Full kit, 2021 warranty card.

TexAgs only price of $2,400. This condition and all the strap options, I'd sell for higher to a non-Ag. Otherwise, this is what I'll be rocking at Kyle this year.

Is that the 43?
TheOC16
AG
Yep
Farmer1906
AG
Trying to ID this one and it's got me stumped.
schmendeler
AG
Breitling

Edit: https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/chronomat/chronomat-automatic-gmt-40/A32398101B1/
Farmer1906
AG
Impressive. I assumed Bregman would have something better
schmendeler
AG
He wouldn't want to get chicken grease on a good watch
TheOC16
AG
I am eager to see this watch in person. Looks like it might be a big hit.

True GMT, 30 bar water resistance, ceramic bezel and appears to have improved on the Hydroconquest's sharp/protruding crown. All under $3k retail
Dies Irae
I was just thinking the same thing about the Longines Flyback looks great as well
Coog97
Oh dear…
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
jh0400
AG
TheOC16
AG
I really enjoyed watching this video as sort of a "video essay" on the history and current place of Tag Heuer in the market. Also gives a broad overview of the other players in the market around Tag:

KRamp90
AG
Hydro Conquest is my daily. Love it.
bthotugigem05
AG
Aggie track star Fred Kerley is a Tag ambassador now
DoitBest
S
always heard they tended to run a little fast....
Coog97
Coog97 said:

Oh dear…

An automatic running the Swatch Sistem51?

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
TheOC16
AG
I rolled my eyes when I first saw this.

I still won't get one of these (the only way I'd be in the market for similar would be as a collector's trinket to pair with Moonswatch, and that's not my alley). However, after watching Hondikee's video on it last night, I have to say my attitude has softened a bit.

I was actually impressed with the level of thought put into a lot of the little details. Keeping Blancpain out of quartz was big, the novelty exhibition caseback, exactly fifty fathoms of water resistance, drilled lugs, etc. Some nice odes to the history of Blancpain.

This won't sell like the Moonswatch, not even close I'd imagine. But - I bet it does something bigger - I bet it turns a decent amount of attention towards the Fifty Fathoms. And I think that's their real goal here. Get us a little acclimated with the Speedy and then really go for it. I don't know if that was their original plan years ago, but if it was then that could be a genius long term marketing play to breathe new life into the Fifty Fathoms.
Diggity
AG
TheOC16 said:

I rolled my eyes when I first saw this.

I still won't get one of these (the only way I'd be in the market for similar would be as a collector's trinket to pair with Moonswatch, and that's not my alley). However, after watching Hondikee's video on it last night, I have to say my attitude has softened a bit.

I was actually impressed with the level of thought put into a lot of the little details. Keeping Blancpain out of quartz was big, the novelty exhibition caseback, exactly fifty fathoms of water resistance, drilled lugs, etc. Some nice odes to the history of Blancpain.

This won't sell like the Moonswatch, not even close I'd imagine. But - I bet it does something bigger - I bet it turns a decent amount of attention towards the Fifty Fathoms. And I think that's their real goal here. Get us a little acclimated with the Speedy and then really go for it. I don't know if that was their original plan years ago, but if it was then that could be a genius long term marketing play to breathe new life into the Fifty Fathoms.

Well said
Dies Irae
Really been enjoying the smaller lesser known brands as of late. Came across ZRC a Swiss company who made dive watches for the French navy. They've got a very unique design and are very playful well constructed, comfortable and fairly cheap.
AgLA06
AG
Who hasn't made dive watches for the French navy?

it feels like damn near everyone who anyone, has. I'd love to see a list compiled of all the companies and models.
AgLA06
AG
Having said that, I like the look of the green militaria and the black phantom.

The interesting part is the movement is the same or similar used by Oris, Raymond Weil, Sinn, TAG, and Christopher Ward.
schmendeler
AG
That wacky crown placement
AgLA06
AG
schmendeler said:

It's a feature to protect it and ensure it doesn't rub your wrist.

I actually like it.
Dies Irae
schmendeler said:

yeah, I thought it was stupid too until they described the method behind the madness. I also think the cool little bezel flush area at 12 o clock behind the three green lume pips is pretty cool.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
my new one, not sold in stores

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

AgLA06
AG
Did you get that in place of spurs?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
No, it is for my 2nd year.

1 st year members receive one Silver Spur jacket or vest. 2 nd year consecutive members receive one Silver Spur watch or bracelet, purse or briefcase 3 rd year consecutive members receive one set of silver spurs and silver spur bag After the 3 rd year of consecutive membership, gifts are awarded based upon cumulative purchases

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

lb sand
AG
Put a blue band on it and make it an Astros game day watch.
AgLA06
AG
Sales. Got it.

There's similar things for Chairman, Directors, and Vice Presidents.

I don't know much about the sales side.
Not MarathonAg12
New arrival
First Page Last Page
Page 340 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.