Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,576 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://maps.app.goo.gl/uwkwnWRKFKzMeCWd8?g_st=ic
AgLA06
AG
schmendeler said:

That must have been imaginary champagne they served me last month in their showroom near central park.
So here's what I got after 15 minutes of research for you. This is all per their respective websites.

Tourneau was purchased by Bucherer in 2018 to get their North American retail reach. Never switched over the branding or truly incorporated them into Bucherer. They have 35ish retail locations in the US, but 2/3 are California and New York.

Bucherer retail is 36ish stores only in Europe. 95%ish in Switzerland and Germany.

Reports are that there are 30+ more stores than their websites show. None appear to be in Dallas or Houston.

At face value this only makes sense if Rolex invests tons of capital into Bucherer / Tourneau behind a vast expansion that replaces their ADs.
schmendeler
AG
Dude, the signage on the front of the store and inside is all Bucherer.

Not to mention it's identical in signage and color scheme to the one I visited in Geneva in June on the inside. They also carried their house brand (Carl F Bucherer).

Check out the Google street view of the Google listing i posted earlier.
Dies Irae
Torneau is Bucherer now; that's for sure.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Dies Irae said:

Torneau is Rolex now; that's for sure.

FIFY
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Dies Irae
So, I actually did go ahead and buy a watch from Angelus sight unseen, but I got a deal too good to pass up. The MSRP was huge, but I ended up getting a 50% discount and the Gold one was actually cheaper than the MSRP of the titanium one.

I have been gravitating away from the Rolex's, Omega's, and co and more towards the smaller, less well known high end sphere. I have really enjoyed the Parmigiani I bought not long ago, and this Angelus really connected with me.

I am Catholic and have grown up praying the Angelus all my life, and I thought the manufacture movement was gorgeous and loved how it incorporated the Bell that tolls the Angelus in the decoration.

The frosted dial looks gorgeous and I love the contouring of the case and the juxtaposition of the start and stop pushers with the rest of the watch.

I should get this on Monday and will post pics (mine is the one being held by the gent in the gloves and my AD)

schmendeler
AG
What's the case size?
Sea Speed
AG
schmendeler said:

What's the case size?

A kilometer
Diggity
AG
Nice looking watch
Dies Irae
schmendeler said:

What's the case size?

42.5 nothing crazy. Perfect for my 7.75" wrist to be honest
schmendeler
AG
In the guy's hand it looks like 50 at least.
Dies Irae

Here is a cool video of the pieces
Daytona22
AG
This is the only one I really liked from their site you posted. Cool buy!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dies Irae said:

the Parmigiani I bought not long ago,

Bruh...you posted that watch 24 days ago. I'm pretty sure you spend more on watches than i make. Nttiawwt

I also love that you posted about learning of anglius yesterday, and bought one today. Next level.
spadilly
S
The Angelus logo reminds me so much of the Home Improvement logo from Tim Allen's show.

That said, that watch is slick.
Diggity
AG
Ha. I couldn't think of what logo it reminded me of.

Had Builders Square in my head but knew that wasn't right.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I was thinking it was the old oilers logo
Dies Irae
It's the bell tower
ChemAg15
AG
First thing I saw was the Dallas cowboys star
ChipFTAC01
AG
Dies Irae said:

It's the bell tower

Nope. More Power!
David Carr
According to a Bloomberg article Bucherer will continue to sell other brands. Investor concerns that AD's are in trouble with this news is reflected in Watches of Switzerland Group (trades in London) losing almost 20% of their value on the news.
FTAco07
AG
Getting married this weekend and just got her gift wound and set. Almost go time!

BourbonAg
AG
Congratulations and beautiful watch!
Dies Irae
FTAco07 said:

Getting married this weekend and just got her gift wound and set. Almost go time!

You are setting the bar high; when I got married 15 years ago I didn't have a pot to piss in and financed a Diamon tennis bracelet from Jared at like 29%.
schmendeler
AG
Didn't you get her a ring?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Congrats!
FTAco07
AG
Yeah, but what's a bit more bling?

I've already managed to engrain in her that buying watches isn't an expense, it's an alternative store of value so I've got that going for me.
TulaneAg
Very nice. I bought my wife one very similar....for our 20th anniversary. Good luck coming out of the gate with that...I predict more gifts in your future.
Dies Irae
So I gotta spike the football a little bit this morning. I have been traveling to the Middle East a lot and have signed a really big agreement with a new Saudi exclusive agent for my product line. He's a really flamboyant guy and has done a ton of business with he; but he's very demanding and calls me like 13 times a day.

He recently told me he got me a gift to celebrate our new agreement; and it was a gift fit for a king. I thought he maybe got me a pen or something but it just came in the mail and it's a gold Arabian link bracelet with some weird scarab clasp.

Funny enough it goes great with the Aggie ring and my watch. Figure this will be only a Las Vegas and Dubai thing

schmendeler
AG
Crazy to me how different industries work. Anything Financial Services related this would be a wildly unacceptable gift.

How much does it weigh?
Dies Irae
196g
YouBet
AG
FTAco07 said:

Damn. Diamond studded Rolex and a wedding ring.

Locking her down.
Sea Speed
AG
I'm pretty sure she is the one who has him hemmed up and not the other way around
YouBet
AG
All of your elite watches and you are rolling with that cheap ass wired mouse from 1997.
Zobel
AG
wired mouses never leave you stranded with dead batteries.

a person who wears a mechanical watch should get that
First Page Last Page
Page 337 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.