Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,231 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by BBRex
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breathtaking
FTAC2011
AG
Headed to a dinner party

Enjoy your evening gents
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Nice. So unique design.
MarathonAg12
TulaneAg
That Bell & Ross is not nearly Belly & Rossy enough to be a true and proper Bell & Ross.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
TulaneAg said:

That Bell & Ross is not nearly Belly & Rossy enough to be a true and proper Bell & Ross.

How about this round B&R?

JSKolache
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Headed to a dinner party

Enjoy your evening gents

Dinner in First Class on Cathay, or like a steak place?
AggieP18
Looking for a Rolex 116610LN if anyone has one they are willing to part with.
FTAC2011
AG
SquirrellyDan
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Headed to a dinner party

Enjoy your evening gents

That's a beautiful watch. What's the red mark for at the 7 position?
schmendeler
AG
July - seventh month
YouBet
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

FTAC2011 said:

Headed to a dinner party

Enjoy your evening gents

Apple Watch thought they had a game changer with tracking menstrual cycles.....not so fast.

Rolex has always tracked more than one type of tide...
bthotugigem05
AG
YouBet said:

SquirrellyDan said:

FTAC2011 said:

Headed to a dinner party

Enjoy your evening gents

Apple Watch thought they had a game changer with tracking menstrual cycles.....not so fast.

Rolex has always tracked more than one type of tide...
AggieP18
Email sent. Thanks!
TheOC16
AG
The moment when you're taking pictures of a watch to list it for sale since it never really sat 100% right with you - but when you look at the pictures you think "You know, this is a really pretty watch."

And decide to hold onto it for a bit longer:

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Anybody want a steel zelos mako? I didn't know they made these in steel until i bought this one. I've since replaced it with the titanium one i really wanted so this is for sale. $400, few scuffs on the clasp as shown. In sw houston, text is best 979tree to fore
O67oh

More pics: https://ibb.co/album/ZGbnKq

Nobody else here building what my buddies refer to as an "economical, eclectic watch collection"?

Also have a bertucci a-2t 200m (edit: new version, old ones are 100m) black dial with date that doesnt get much wrist time, awesome grab and go watch for $100. Will throw in a couple extra maratac natos (black and od) i bought because I'm a titanium homer and it bugged me that the hardware on the stock strap is ss. Think this is the only watch i have with 22mm lug spacing
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

New (to me) watch day!
Some of you guys will dig this, Farmer and Silian will probably not...

Pics from when i first got it, I'll try and get a pic of it in the sun, the fume dial is pretty amazing for a $400 watch
Serotonin
AG
Nice looking watch.

I think the issue I've seen is that there's very little resale market in the sub-$1,000 watch category. I didn't realize this until amassing a nice little collection of sub-$1k watches.

What I found was that most people will just pay the extra $100 or $200 for something new where they don't have to worry about previous owner dropping it, scratching it up, etc and they have a secure online transaction and refund policy. Also, these brands often offer discounts which can make buying new even cheaper than buying used.

If you're asking for more than 50% of the new price then that is really pushing it IMO. You're basically saying that the resale % is in line with Omega, Grand Seiko, Tudor, etc.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Resale related...
I was at a Houston rolex ad earlier this week and they had the case of usual exhibition watches, then in a different case they had a couple watches for sale as part of the new cpo program. The salesperson told me they had pulled those watches right out of the "exhibition model" case, put them in their boxes, and marked them as cpo at full gray market pricing. Not preowned by anybody except rolex. Does that rub anybody else the wrong way?
Serotonin
AG

Resale related...
I was at a Houston rolex ad earlier this week and they had the case of usual exhibition watches, then in a different case they had a couple watches for sale as part of the new cpo program. The salesperson told me they had pulled those watches right out of the "exhibition model" case, put them in their boxes, and marked them as cpo at full gray market pricing. Not preowned by anybody except rolex. Does that rub anybody else the wrong way?
Wow, that's wild. Pretty sure that would give them an extremely short lifespan as an AD. Did this place begin with a 'D'?
schmendeler
AG
Pretty sure the new CPO program was only for watches at least 2-3 years old?
FTAco07
AG
If that's true then I'm sure Rolex wouldn't be too happy to hear that and would probably come down pretty hard on them. I like the concept of Rolex selling CPO even though it's going to come at a premium. That said, if they start playing the game of only selling new to clients with a handshake that they will sell the watch back in x months so the dealer can CPO it (rinse and repeat) it's going to be a real problem.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Did not start with a d, now I've probably given too many clues
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The way it was explained to me this was done under rolex corporate's direction, since rolex actually owns the exhibition watches, which is why the ad can't even sell them if they wanted
I Am A Critic

Did not start with a d, now I've probably given too many clues
Schmomas Schmarkle. Please let it be them.
Username checks out.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Just got back from Manhattan for 4 days visiting my dtr. Oh the watch temptations in that town. Almost pulled the trigger on a Tudor panda chronograph. But. Resisted.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There's a reverse panda available at schmomas schmarkle right now
Edit: also a pelagos lhd, which i had a very hard time handing back
Marcus Aurelius
AG
BTW. Off topic. Manhattan has the best restautants per capita on the planet. IMO. Unreal dininig B/L/D.
YouBet
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

BTW. Off topic. Manhattan has the best restautants per capita on the planet. IMO. Unreal dininig B/L/D.

Someone hasn't been to Longview, TX.
ConstructionAg01
AG
Or Paris. France, not Texas.
nealan
I work in Longview. It's decent
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
YouBet said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Someone hasn't been to Longview, TX.

R.I.P. Dudley's
nealan
RIP Johnny Cace's
jh0400
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Putting aside higher end restaurants like Per Se and Le Bernadin, I can't say that I've ever had a meal in Manhattan that was particularly memorable. My favorite thing from there is that they have a Blue Bottle Coffee on almost every block in midtown.
Fall92
AG
I'd have to agree with you. I've had plenty of overpriced meals in Manhattan that were just meh. Not to say there aren't some fine restaurants, but overall Charleston and Houston, among others, are better food towns IMO.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
First Page Last Page
Page 325 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.