Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,654 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by BBRex
Serotonin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could be wrong on this but I think that would be considered a fake or counterfeit, not a mod (since the watch contains the logo of a company that didn't make it).

Edit Although maybe it wouldn't be since it has a cyclops, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet, all of which wouldn't be seen on a Grand Seiko.
zgolfz85
AG
Fall92 said:

I just bought a Seiko mod to satiate my need for a watch with a powder blue face. Wasnt sure I'd like the color so wanted to try it out on something cheap. Here's a pic from the seller. I'll send a wrist pic when I get back home. Note it's not actually a Grand Seiko. I wish.

I like it! Hope it looks that good in person.
Diggity
AG
Grate Justeiko?
MarathonAg12
Serotonin said:

I could be wrong on this but I think that would be considered a fake or counterfeit, not a mod (since the watch contains the logo of a company that didn't make it).

Edit Although maybe it wouldn't be since it has a cyclops, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet, all of which wouldn't be seen on a Grand Seiko.

Correct that Grand Seiko is counterfeit
zgolfz85
AG
the one I'd be looking at uses seiko for the base, but has unique logo dials, hands etc, so true 1 of 1…kind of

Again, would be a beater, so not too worried about it
Fall92
AG
Grande Sayko.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SPF250
AG

TSJ
AG
zgolfz85 said:

has anyone gone down the rabbit hole of mod watches? I've seen a few that were intriguing, but stumbled onto 1 guy who has some really sharp stuff. It would be for a beater watch as a flier, just wondering if anyone has gone down that road

Technically my skx007 is modded, only the case, face, hour and second hand and case back are original.

The new movement has kept better time than the original.

I think for $800 or less you can make whatever you want and come out with a pretty good watch.

Current arrangement:

AgEng06
AG
Another game day entry (if they weren't so hard to get)...

https://instagr.am/p/CuW3cXaLEUU
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Hey guys. New to this thread. Enthusiast here. A few of my favs in collection. Cheers.

zgolfz85
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Hey guys. New to this thread. Enthusiast here. A few of my favs in collection. Cheers.

ha nice, glad you hopped over. I'm going to need your address and the days/times you're not home. also, do you have any dogs, an alarm system, doorbell cams, etc.?

jk, awesome collection!
AgLA06
AG
Great collection!
Farmer1906
AG
Looks good, but you need some variety in your life.
TheOC16
AG
What would be your suggestion to add to the collection?
Farmer1906
AG
Depends on taste, but something besides a steel watch with a big bezel and date. Maybe a chronograph, dress watch, a more dressy sport watch (datejust kind of fits here already), something gold, or maybe even something more square. There are a lot of ways to provide more variety.

YouBet
AG
Rich.
AgLA06
AG
Guess it depends on how you look at it. The Date Just is dressy enough unless you're James Bond crashing black tie events every weekend. The Omega is fun and sporty, yet robust for any time. The Sub is business casual and a conversation piece / status symbol. And the GMT is fun and colorful and useful if you travel.

Daytona22
AG
Solid introduction! Welcome.
Serotonin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Depends on taste, but something besides a steel watch with a big bezel and date. Maybe a chronograph, dress watch, a more dressy sport watch (datejust kind of fits here already), something gold, or maybe even something more square. There are a lot of ways to provide more variety.

The datejust as a dressy watch???

Farmer, you're losing your edge; we've beaten you down with stainless steel sport watches for so long that you're now calling them dressy.
Farmer1906
AG
Serotonin said:

Farmer1906 said:

The datejust as a dressy watch???

Farmer, you're losing your edge; we've beaten you down with stainless steel sport watches for so long that you're now calling them dressy.

As far as sport watches go, a date just is more dressy than say a sub. No?
Serotonin
AG
Yes, I'm just giving you a hard time for calling it dressy.

You still wouldn't wear that with a suit would you?

I respect the old school approach even though I don't follow it.
Diggity
AG
I'm often seen about town wearing my DJ with tails.
zgolfz85
AG
my next dress watch

Marcus Aurelius
AG
My DJ41 is my dress watch. Love it. I have many others including leather straps, rubber dive etc. Will share later.
Farmer1906
AG
Serotonin said:

I could find a reason to wear it with a suit, especially if we're talking about a gold one like mine. Generally, suits are reserved for a dress watch.
jh0400
AG
What if your shoe choice with the suit is a pair of triple stitches? How do the watch rules change then? Asking for a friend.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
My next gameday watch:

https://www.chrono24.com/franckmuller/franck-muller-crazy-hours-steel-45-x-32-mm--id29403424.htm
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Farmer1906
AG
Tell your friend get a pair of Goodyear welted oxfords and if he wants to dress it down he get some Goodyear welted derby's or boots.
TheOC16
AG
Serotonin said:

Good afternoon.
Serotonin
AG
Looking sharp.
Farmer1906
AG
Sport watch with a winter/fall suit in July. You do you... I guess.
schmendeler
AG
I love that Texags has its own resident menswear guy
I Am A Critic
schmendeler said:

I love that Texags has its own resident menswear guy
It's Texags b/c DunningKruger.com was already taken.
Username checks out.
MarathonAg12
Farmer1906 said:

Queer Eye For The Straight Guy Is having a reboot on Netflix. You sound like a great fit for the cast.
Farmer1906
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Queer Eye For The Straight Guy Is having a reboot on Netflix. You sound like a great fit for the cast.
Sorry, I didn't know it was queer to have great taste.
First Page Last Page
Page 323 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.