Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,753,234 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by BBRex
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a Speedmaster 3510.50? I want a Speedy, but a 42mm watch would look like a dinner plate on my wrist. I've seen a lot of them for sale for $2,500 or so and am debating picking one up.
BoDog
AG
Had one when I was an intern but sold it years ago....
MarathonAg12

Whats the Professional vs Reduced main differences?
jh0400
AG
https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/omega-speedmaster-reduced-vs-professional-moonwatch/
jh0400
AG
BoDog said:

What was the joke? I like the look of the Speedmaster but don't want a 42mm watch.
AgLA06
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Whats the Professional vs Reduced main differences?

I think this does a little better job comparing them side by side for us visual learners.

What I got is people love to hate the reduced, but it's actually easier to read and a better functioning design. Just not pie plate big since you aren't reading it at 200mph or in space.

2006 until discontinue had a sapphire dial and is the best value dollars to function.
schmendeler
AG
Get what size you like but the original speedy wears smaller than 42mm, imo
MarathonAg12
Will people still respect me as much as someone wearing the professional version?
TXAG 05
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Will people still respect me as much as someone wearing the professional version?

If you are cool with wearing women's sized watches, then go for it.
AgLA06
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I guess it depends on if you're buying it because you like it or buying it for validation.
MarathonAg12
At what price point does the value of a watch become a status symbol?
Diggity
AG
I have the Speedmaster Racing, which is a 40mm. I never even knew it was smaller, but I like the size.
BoDog
AG
jh0400 said:

BoDog said:

What was the joke? I like the look of the Speedmaster but don't want a 42mm watch.
Was totally joking. Just like poking fun at the Omega fanboys.

Love the Speedy! Classic and Iconic!
AgLA06
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I imagine that's subjective to the person judging you and the person who has to pony up the money.
MarathonAg12
true. Probably depends on your social circles too.

I'll always be blown away an iconic time peace but will appreciate a great looking watch, regardless of cost.
YouBet
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Not sure on price but for me it kind of hit me mine was at least somewhat of a status symbol when a stranger in public remarked on it. Have since had a few other people ask about it as well.
MarathonAg12
Same. When boarding a plane and finding out seats, some younger guy said to his buddy "yo! That's the watch I want!" Kept staring at it too.

So maybe it keeps people motivated to work hard buy something nice later.
BoDog
AG
He is actually waiting for the right time to rob you after you exit baggage claim....
MarathonAg12
Also true
TheOC16
AG
YouBet said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Not sure on price but for me it kind of hit me mine was at least somewhat of a status symbol when a stranger in public remarked on it. Have since had a few other people ask about it as well.

Not sure if this is still referring to the Speedy or just talking about getting noticed for a watch - but I received more comments from strangers noticing my Speedy than any other watch I ever wore. And I only owned it for about 6 months. And have had quite a few more "impressive" watches in the rotation by various metrics.
jh0400
AG
The watch that has surprised me with the number of compliments I've gotten is my Oris Big Crown Pointer Date with the maroon face. I don't wear it often, but it seems to get some attention when I do.

ETA: on the Speedy front, it's likely that a 326.30.40.50.01.001 is going to find its way into my collection very soon.
schmendeler
AG
It's a looker!
AgLA06
AG
Omega is genius with the speedy. Fan boys love to hate any change and yet it's probably had more special editions and changes to drive sales than just about any other "iconic" luxury watch.
MarathonAg12
The Speedy is so iconic that they have made Swatch desirable! The gameday fit is going to be on point this Fall.

zgolfz85
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

The Speedy is so iconic that they have made Swatch desirable! The gameday fit is going to be on point this Fall.

I'm jealous.com
Marauder Blue 6
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I love that strap. Where did you purchase it?
TP Ag '87
AG
Had that. Got it out of my system.

Just couldn't get used to the extreme plasticy-ness of it.
Irish 2.0
Is that poster/sponsor still working on the custom piece for the people that were interested in here? Been a few months since I recall seeing anything on that.
htxag09
AG
Not enough interest, if I'm not mistaken. But I wasn't following that closely.
MarathonAg12
Another FTAC2011 customization.

I'll have to ask him if he doesn't respond before
MarathonAg12
Wasn't it about $800?
htxag09
AG
nm
YouBet
AG
TheOC16 said:

YouBet said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Not sure if this is still referring to the Speedy or just talking about getting noticed for a watch - but I received more comments from strangers noticing my Speedy than any other watch I ever wore. And I only owned it for about 6 months. And have had quite a few more "impressive" watches in the rotation by various metrics.
Sorry, was referring to my Milgauss.
BCO07
AG
I'm looking at the same thing for a game day watch
zgolfz85
AG
This would be a superb game day watch if it wasn't a quartz….

First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.