Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,753,777 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BBRex
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more post with the lume shot.

nealan
She's a BEAUT lumed up! Nice !
MarathonAg12
TSJ said:

One more post with the lume shot.

That's hottt
spadilly
S
Y'all have a go to website for NATO straps? Specifically looking for a maroon/beige one.
Sea Speed
AG
Amazon.com
jh0400
AG
I like Blushark.

https://www.blusharkstraps.com/collections/alphashark/products/alphashark-cardinal-red-yellow-khaki-nylon-watch-strap
MOCO9
AG
spadilly said:

Y'all have a go to website for NATO straps? Specifically looking for a maroon/beige one.

DaLuca Straps have been great for me. Specifically military nylon.
SW-14
AG
https://www.crownandbuckle.com/
K Bo
AG
Tudor Black Bay GMT for sale - https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3309822/replies/62755482#62755482

updated pics in the above ad

Diggity
AG
how much for just the pen?
K Bo
AG
that pen is not for sale!
AgEng06
AG
Diggity said:

how much for just the pen?

schmendeler
AG
Christopher Ward dropped a new 300m diver. Addresses a lot of the common complaints of their design. Not too bad.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/dive-watches/C60-Trident-Pro-300/C60-40ADA31S0VV0-B0.html#product-technical-data
AgEng06
AG
I do like that look and a lot of the features. And the 3 case sizes is nice.

I'm not really familiar, so is a Sellita SW200-1 worth $1K along with those features? The 38-hr PR seems short relative to most movements these days, but 4Hz is neat.
AgLA06
AG
The Pro600 and Elite1000s look amazing! I bet they update these to take off the name as well.

schmendeler
AG
I'd say you're paying a bit of a premium for a "name" micro brand. If there is such a thing. A five year warranty is something few of those offer.
Silian Rail
that's a good look, I also like how he didn't clutter the dial with his name like he does so many others.
AgEng06
AG
Good point. I was just curious bc I really do like that watch, but I'm also a Hamilton fan. Hamilton's divers compete in the same price range but have "in house" 80-hr movements.

But thanks for pointing this one out for sure.
Serotonin
AG
AgEng06 said:

I'm not really familiar, so is a Sellita SW200-1 worth $1K along with those features? The 38-hr PR seems short relative to most movements these days, but 4Hz is neat.
Great question. This is the movement in my Oris Divers 65. I love the dimensions and look of that watch but the movement and power reserve would be my complaints.

It doesn't seem as accurate as my under $500 seikos and there are many times where I take it off on a Thursday night and it's died two hours before I put it on Saturday morning.

So if you own it and don't plan on wearing it continuously then I'd plan on getting it out and winding it every morning.
AgLA06
AG
It's supposedly -4 to +6 in accuracy. If that is true, it is much more accurate than my Seiko 5 Sport.

My experience with my Seiko 5 Sport will be almost 5 minutes off at the end of the week because the 4r36-07G0 movement is between +45 / -35 seconds per day.
slaughtr
AG
AgEng06 said:

I have two CW watches. Both keep great time. My only complaint is the power reserve.
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

It's supposedly -4 to +6 in accuracy. If that is true, it is much more accurate than my Seiko 5 Sport.

My experience with my Seiko 5 Sport will be almost 5 minutes off at the end of the week because the 4r36-07G0 movement is between +45 / -35 seconds per day.
I am mainly comparing to my SARB033 which has the 6r15 movement:
https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-6r15/

From what I've seen it drifts off by about 10 seconds per week and the power reserve is ~50 hours.
schmendeler
AG
Supposedly they worked with the members of the Christopher Ward message board to tick all the boxes people want.
Silian Rail
Makes sense, their logo is actually really cool when you understand what it is, I like it better than the old logo but hate having Arial size 14 font in a random 9 o'clock position
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is it bad for automatic watches to run down (other than the annoying factor of having to reset them)? Like to the springs prefer to be at tension and if they're not then they can get gunky or something?
AgLA06
AG
Interesting question. I'd be surprised if it did considering so many high end watches have automatic movements.

I've heard more about the self winding boxes being an issue than every hearing this.
schmendeler
AG
I don't think running them down is a problem. Like anything else though, i imagine having them sit for months at a time might not be ideal from a lubrication distribution perspective.
Silian Rail
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is it bad for automatic watches to run down (other than the annoying factor of having to reset them)? Like to the springs prefer to be at tension and if they're not then they can get gunky or something?
not at all, as schmendler said if you do let them sit for a while you need to turn the crown a few times every now and again to get them lubricated.
AgEng06
AG
The more I look, I'm really digging this white version.

(I have found myself drawn to a wide range of white divers lately for some reason.)

Silian Rail
I'm rocking my "great white" Doxa diver today. Great watch, Doxa is a fairly unknown brand but makes great stuff
AgLA06
AG
That's the scheme that drew me to CW.

Fyi, their website makes it almost impossible to find but if you use the website search function for "strap" you can buy any of their straps even if it isn't offered as an option to purchase with a specific model. Like a black leather strap if you wanted something dressier for that watch.
schmendeler
AG
One of the OG dive watch makers
AgEng06
AG
I'm aware of Doxa and I like that one. Nice watch!
slaughtr
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Watch winders are cheap and quiet.
TheOC16
AG
Since no one else obliterated your listed budget, I take it as my responsibility to be the one to step up and do so.

If you only saved a little more I think you could really get some awesome bang for your buck in the $1K range with one of the CW watches. They have really built up some respect in their short time and people seem to love them.

Or look for a Longines or an Oris if you don't mind going used. I'd make you a really good deal on a Longines in between your listed budget and the CW range if you don't mind wearing a 43mm watch.
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.