Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,754,004 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BBRex
Silian Rail
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This is not mine but one of my customer's in the North Texas area. Apparently Rolex has a "crown jewel collection" and they got allotted one and he bought it because why the hell not
Diggity
AG
Drake thinks that watch looks tacky
YouBet
AG
Silian Rail said:

This is not mine but one of my customer's in the North Texas area. Apparently Rolex has a "crown jewel collection" and they got allotted one and he bought it because why the hell not

Lol. That is terrible.
YouBet
AG
schmendeler said:

How about a diamond encrusted sky dweller?

Xerxes representin:

jh0400
AG
What's the story on Revue Thommen watches? They typically list for >$2,000 on the manufacturer's website, but they're all over the internet for $600. It looks like they use SW200 movements in their dive watches, and there are other examples that use those near the manufacturer's price. This is the one that jumped out at me, but the big discounts make me worry it's a junk watch.

schmendeler
AG
I'm guessing the msrp is a bit of a farce. $600 seems around the price you'd pay for a sellita movement with decent other features for a no-name microbrand.
Silian Rail
they're not junk watches but they have appropriated their marketing style. Much like Invicta, they claim several thousand dollar MSRP's but always sell for 70% off or so.

the real RevueThommen was an esteemed aircraft instrumentation manufacturer and made watches for the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe, twenty years or so ago they licensed the name to a swiss watchmaker so they could just focus on airplane instrumentation.
jh0400
AG
I assumed that the no-name nature of the brand had something to do with it, but at $600 it's still a good bit cheaper than CW C60 or Oris Sixty-Five.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
How dare you disparage Invicta watches! You can't buy watches like these anywhere else! Watches like these are pure class.

This 60mm horological classic is only $7,700 and comes with over 3.4 carats of diamonds AND a signed certificate of authenticity by Eyal Lalo. Top that.
https://invictastores.com/1-limited-edition-invicta-shaq-automatic-men-s-gunmetal-w-3-42-carat-diamonds-watch-60mm-33724-n1

I mean, where are you going to find watches like this anywhere else?

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
FtBendTxAg
AG
Holy **** their website is designed like their watches. Now I feel like I smell like mall kiosk Gypsy
TheOC16
AG
Ah, so y'all are into that kind of real estate…
AgLA06
AG
I don't see any diamonds on that watch.
Sea Speed
AG
That looks like something cardi bs even more hoodrat cousin would wear.
FTAC2011
AG
Just received this sexy ref1680 submariner. Dial and hands have perfectly matching patina. It dates to 1975.
schmendeler
AG
Is this the kind of thing that sells at a discount to current models? Or on par or more?
Silian Rail
schmendeler said:

Is this the kind of thing that sells at a discount to current models? Or on par or more?

Much more I think, about $20k
schmendeler
AG
I think I'm going to have to pass on this one.
FTAC2011
AG
Vintage is all over the place. Literally the same exact model can range anywhere from 10-40k. It depends on condition, polish history, patina on bezel, hands, dial, bracelet condition and matching year clasp, and more.

So many factors.

This one in particular.. positives: the hands and dial patina match perfectly which mean the hands were never swapped in a service. It has a "ghost bezel" which is the faded black which is sought after as well. The lugs are thick and evenly shaped. Negatives: the og oyster bracelet is not with it (I have a super cool and rare joske jubilee bracelet that came with it), it has been polished before, and it does not have the box and papers.

Silian would be spot on if some of the negatives were moved over to the positives but this one is a little less. I value it at 15k
SquirrellyDan
AG
Speaking of "vintage," I've always like this Omega heritage seamaster.

schmendeler
AG
Me too. I like it much more than the normal seamaster.
BBRex
AG
If I was going to get an Omega, it would be that or the Bond titanium Seamaster.
Serotonin
AG
Ed White 321 Speedmaster for me, just for the movement.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-speedmaster-calibre-321-chronograph-39-7-mm-31130403001001
Zobel
AG
Great minds
TBill05
AG
Saw this dude at a concert in Dallas tonight. Not seen this before, but admittedly I'm mostly into Panerai. He said it's pretty high end. Wtf is it?
schmendeler
AG
Can't see it
Silian Rail
schmendeler said:

Can't see it

That's what makes it so high end
GAC06
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Speaking of "vintage," I've always like this Omega heritage seamaster.

That one in bronze gold is awesome
TBill05
AG
Don't know what happened. This is the watch
Silian Rail
If it's real it's a 6 figure Patek
bthotugigem05
AG
Had a fun time at some Rolex stores in Singapore today but none of them had anything to sell
TBill05
AG
What's that mean
spadilly
S
I think this is it:
https://www.patek.com/en/collection/nautilus/5712-1A-001
schmendeler
AG
The maker is Patek Philippe and it costs about $100k
FTAco07
AG
All I know is that really nice watch looks way too small on that guys enormous wrist
MarathonAg12
FTAC2011 said:

Just received this sexy ref1680 submariner. Dial and hands have perfectly matching patina. It dates to 1975.

CREAMY PATINA
First Page Last Page
Page 215 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.