Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,754,095 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BBRex
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a slightly higher end Aggie watch for your lady friend in the case you want to drop some $$
AgLA06
AG
Might be worse considering looks to cost ratio.
schmendeler
AG
How about a diamond encrusted sky dweller?

Silian Rail
schmendeler said:

How about a diamond encrusted sky dweller?

Is that a 30 carat diamond
schmendeler
AG
He made one lucky fella the happiest guy on earth!
spadilly
S
If I were to go buy a Moonwatch Professional in the Houston area, where would you suggest I go for the best service and possible discount?
Serotonin
AG
spadilly said:

If I were to go buy a Moonwatch Professional in the Houston area, where would you suggest I go for the best service and possible discount?

You buying new? Zadok has a good collection. Not sure what discounts are these days though.
https://zadok.com/brand/omega/?orderby=popularity
Silian Rail
spadilly said:

I would say Jared's. They discount pretty well and they do these "Jared points" which can sometimes get you half off of another watch
schmendeler
AG
Check with FTAC2011 and see what he can do for you as well.
Sea Speed
AG
schmendeler said:

Check with FTAC2011 and see what he can do for you as well.
FTAC2011
AG
Thanks guys.

Yes can get moonwatches at discount and I'm a pretty nice dude too. At least I like to think so.

Also have a sapphire sandwich moonwatch available now. Used. Newest model with the new bracelet. $5800 Model number 310.30.42.50.01.002 cheapest I find online stores is $500 more
Serotonin
AG
spadilly said:

Yeah you should go with FTAC's deal.
Silian Rail
FTAC2011 said:

Thanks guys.

Yes can get moonwatches at discount and I'm a pretty nice dude too. At least I like to think so.

Also have a sapphire sandwich moonwatch available now. Used. Newest model with the new bracelet. $5800 Model number 310.30.42.50.01.002 cheapest I find online stores is $500 more
That is a smoking deal for the Sapphire on bracelet.
FTAC2011
AG
Thanks, boss. I agree
AgLA06
AG
Does anyone know the reason why the only white dial moon watches are gold cases and 10X the others?
TheOC16
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Spadilly, if you want the deal FTAC2011 posted on here, let us know. I'm giving you first dibs since you were hunting a Speedy (and I just bought another Omega two weeks ago). But if you pass; I'm on this one. I've already talked to FTAC2011.
schmendeler
AG
Because that's how they made them?
Sea Speed
AG
schmendeler said:

Sounds like the fact that they are gold has something to do with it.
FTAC2011
AG
TheOC16 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Spadilly, if you want the deal FTAC2011 posted on here, let us know. I'm giving you first dibs since you were hunting a Speedy (and I just bought another Omega two weeks ago). But if you pass; I'm on this one. I've already talked to FTAC2011.

You're a good Ag. Thanks man.
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

Does anyone know the reason why the only white dial moon watches are gold cases and 10X the others?
Only? There are dozens of different Speedmaster Professional editions and several of them are white.
AgLA06
AG
schmendeler said:

So no.
spadilly
S
Go for it. I'm still a few months out from pulling the trigger. I'll probably start hunting around the first of the year.
AgLA06
AG
Not according to their website in the 42mm professional series (actual moon watches).

Other series like the anniversary or heritage series there are, but their much more expensive and different design or have different movements.
Farmer1906
AG
The thing about limited editions is that they are limited.

here are some of them:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedy-tuesday-white-dial-speedmaster-professionals-choose/#gref

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watches/speedmaster/dark-side-of-the-moon/white-side-of-the-moon/product

As for the heritage model with the different movements, that 321 is the original movement.
AgLA06
AG
Now that we're on the same page, we're back to the fact that the current models and movements only exist with a white dial in gold cases for $20k plus.

schmendeler
AG
The original moon watch is a black face in a steel case. That's the formula they are sticking to.
AgLA06
AG
I get that, except they have it in the heritage series (original design) with the old size and movements. So why do white dial for the current model, but only have it in a gold case?

It doesn't change anything to put it in a normal steel case.
schmendeler
AG
I think the Moonwatch, like, "approved by NASA for manned flight" is going to stick to a certain format. I don't know if it's necessity or just good brand shepherding, but that particular watch isn't going to change. And i kind of like that.
Sea Speed
AG
He already answered your question with the word exclusivity. Also, because they can.
AgLA06
AG
schmendeler said:

I think the Moonwatch, like, "approved by NASA for manned flight" is going to stick to a certain format. I don't know if it's necessity or just good brand shepherding, but that particular watch isn't going to change. And i kind of like that.
We're going in circles.

That's not the case.
AgEng06
AG
AgLA06 said:

schmendeler said:

We're going in circles.

That's not the case.

So what do you want here?
Diggity
AG
we need TheFunnierPhideaux to have a sit-down with the Omega people and explain to them the error in their ways.
schmendeler
AG
Ok
Silian Rail
Steak and a Bourbon, Pepsi on the side
TheOC16
AG
Must be a small steak. Lovely watch though. Don't let the recent Pepsi bashing on this thread get you down. Pepsi on jubilee is one of 2 grail watches for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.