Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,754,235 Views | 14851 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FHKChE07
terradactylexpress
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where in Europe did you get it?
schmendeler
AG
Not a bad "freebie"
ChemAg15
AG
Copenhagen
bthotugigem05
AG
Any good watch dealers to visit out in Singapore or Tokyo? Will be in both next week.
Matsui
AG
Big time congrats!!!
terradactylexpress
Any idea on the % discount you managed to get? Going to be over in a month or so and hoping to grab something
ChemAg15
AG
After the VAT refund I figure I'll be about 10% off MSRP not counting the free bracelet.
Silian Rail
bthotugigem05 said:

Any good watch dealers to visit out in Singapore or Tokyo? Will be in both next week.

Singapore is watch heaven check out Cortina Watch

https://www.cortinawatch.com/en/boutiques/
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's awesome, that's the combo i would have wanted too. Nice job getting a good price on it!
FTAC2011
AG
Do you mind if I ask if you paid retail price or did you get a discount other than the bracelet thrown in?
RVAg02
AG
AgEng06 said:

I'm glad you explained that. I was wondering why you had the sapphire caseback but the hesalite bracelet.

Me too
ChemAg15
AG
Retail
YouBet
AG
Silian Rail said:

I love everything glashutte, wearing my senator cosmpolite today, love that Tiffany blue one, not excited about the salmon

Senator Cosmopolite, right?

I have decided that Glashutte is my favorite watchmaker from top to bottom considering all collections. Simply stunning watches.
Farmer1906
AG
YouBet said:

Silian Rail said:

I love everything glashutte, wearing my senator cosmpolite today, love that Tiffany blue one, not excited about the salmon

I have decided that Glashutte is my favorite watchmaker from top to bottom considering all collections. Simply stunning watches.
Did the fact he said it was his senator cosmpolite give it away?
AgLA06
AG
Silian Rail
YouBet said:

Silian Rail said:

Yes, it is a great watch, I am waiting for the blue nylon strap to come in that I was "gifted" with the watch and then will wear it on that. I agree with you, Glashutte is my favorite all around watchmaker, their prices are robust, but their watches are top quality.

Serotonin
AG
Tempting, but I don't want to buy from someone with 20 reviews...
https://www.chrono24.com/glashuetteoriginal/glashuette-original-2021-seventies-chronograph-panorama-date-silver-dial--id24753971.htm

Silian Rail
that thing looks pretty used and abused as well.
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

YouBet said:

Silian Rail said:

Did the fact he said it was his senator cosmpolite give it away?

Maybe. Can't be for certain.
TheOC16
AG
Domino's is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, but I've never been a fan of the Oyster Perpetual, so I decided to pass on this screaming deal and let one of you take it:

schmendeler
AG
No logo on the dial? Weak.
Sea Speed
AG
I mean, that is a good deal isn't it? You would save money just replacing the bracelet. Same watch has a much higher ask on chrono24. Ordered domino's tonight for my kids so this really hits close to home.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex-bnib-126000-dominos-oyster-perpetual-36mm--id23125138.htm
schmendeler
AG
Really makes you think.
jh0400
AG
If anyone is looking for a deal on a Hamilton field watch, Ashford has the blue face auto for $359. I picked one up and can't complain for the price.

https://www.ashford.com/hamilton-h70605943.html

AgLA06
AG
I wish it was that watch in a grey.
AgEng06
AG
I like that one.
lb sand
AG
Thanks for the heads up.

I just bought one as a Bday gift for my son.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sea Speed said:

I mean, that is a good deal isn't it? You would save money just replacing the bracelet. Same watch has a much higher ask on chrono24. Ordered domino's tonight for my kids so this really hits close to home.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex-bnib-126000-dominos-oyster-perpetual-36mm--id23125138.htm

A few years ago I would stop by Shaw's Jewelry at W Gray and Montrose a couple times a month to look at watches. I saw this Rolex with a Dominos logo on the face, and made some joke about it to the salesman. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "You know that Dominos down the street? That location is one of the best performing Dominos in the US, and they give them to him as a reward. So the owner brings these in fairly regularly and trades them for something else." Kind of cool in retrospect. Found the pic:

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
schmendeler
AG
Yeah that's the one. It's cool in a wacky sort of way.
YouBet
AG
I don't understand the Dominos Rolex. I assume that is an aftermarket mod?
Buying_time
AG
Saw this at Deutsch today - anyone looking to gift a ladies watch -

AgLA06
AG
YouBet said:

Read the post made 3 hours before you. It explains it.
Irish 2.0
YouBet said:

Sell a few million/year of ****ty dough and horrible sauce and they give you a watch eith a stupid domino's face that loses ~30% of it's value the minute they hand it to you. It is kind of a cruel honestly.
TheOC16
AG
I'm not an IWC guy so passing along, but this seems like a good deal (considering with "OBO" listed he'd likely take less):

https://houston.craigslist.org/jwl/d/humble-iwc-portuguese-chrono/7520203251.html

terradactylexpress
That is not a good looking watch
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.