Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,415 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by BBRex
Silian Rail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes they try and bill you afterwards
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
"try?"
Lol
Silian Rail
I had fedex send me a bill onetime for duties and say they were going to send me to collections if I didn't pay and put a hold on my fedex account.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cool this is coming DHL and i don't have an account with them so we'll see!
schmendeler
AG
Pay attention to the tracking information for DHL. You may need to contact them if they require a customs payment.
jrrhouston98
AG
Long time lurker on this thread and finally decided to post this. It has some history, it belonged to my great grandfather and then went to my grandfather. I got it when he passed 12 years ago. It is all platinum and the chain is white gold. I can't read the writing on the face so I don't know the maker, and there are no identifying marks on the back. When I got this I was told it's worth was well into the 6 figures. I have no idea. There were many family members looking for it but my dad found it and gave it to me. Pretty cool regardless.

And this is my daily. Nothing impressive. But I got this also when my grandfather passed. I sold a gaudy all gold Rolex to buy it.

Sea Speed
AG
Went to a kids bday party today and must have been in the nice part of town. Gold sub, standard sub, Daytona, air king, seamaster, a Breitling and some others. Kind of surprised to have that many nice watches in one place considering most people wear apple watches.
TheOC16
AG
Sea Speed said:

Went to a kids bday party today and must have been in the nice part of town. Gold sub, standard sub, Daytona, air king, seamaster, a Breitling and some others. Kind of surprised to have that many nice watches in one place considering most people wear apple watches.

Very nice part of town if it was a bunch of kids wearing those watches.
AgEng06
AG
Wow. Best I've gotten at a kid's party is my Speedy Pro and a two-tone SeaDweller.
Silian Rail
I met a guy at my nephews birthday party once, seemed really dumb but had a gold skydweller on. Always struck me as odd. Turned out he owned a pill mill and ended up going to jail for 14 years.
Sea Speed
AG
The guy with the gold sub was about a 70 year old grandfather with an NRA hat on. Goals.
Silian Rail
https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/austin-pharmacies-tied-to-illegal-opioid-distribution-three-men-sentenced-including-owner/amp/

This is the guy
schmendeler
AG
If anyone is fed up after today and wants to unload a&m themed watches for cheap let me know.
JB!98
AG
schmendeler said:

If anyone is fed up after today and wants to unload a&m themed watches for cheap let me know.
Yeah, my "gameday" watch is cursed. I am sorry to all my fellow Ags for that purchase.
JSKolache
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

captkirk said:

FTAco07 said:

I wouldn't do it. In addition to the costs it sounds like a much bigger hassle with no practical legal recourse if something were to go wrong.
I've done it through Chrono 24. Cash held in escrow until watch received and inspected. Did have to pay tax as they nabbed it at customs

At what point in this process did you find out that it was "nabbed" at customs? I have bought 2 inexpensive ($200ish) watches now from international sellers and never had to pay extra duties, but have one on the way from japan right now that cost a bit more and the seller sent all kinds of notices that i may have to pay duties. Supposed to arrive monday so i assume I'd know by now?
US import de minimus value is $800. Anything under $800 is free, anything over that is dutiable.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Sorry if this has been posted already but has anyone bought the latest Alpinist seiko yet? I'd like a wrist shot before I buy. The green traditional one. For less than a k it looks really nice. The prospex line is really impressive for the money. I've noticed a line of seiko emerge in between grand seiko and next highest line that I have never noticed before. Perhaps lx or something similar? I cannot recall.. but they're very nice.
SPF250
AG
JSKolache said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

captkirk said:

FTAco07 said:

I wouldn't do it. In addition to the costs it sounds like a much bigger hassle with no practical legal recourse if something were to go wrong.
I've done it through Chrono 24. Cash held in escrow until watch received and inspected. Did have to pay tax as they nabbed it at customs

At what point in this process did you find out that it was "nabbed" at customs? I have bought 2 inexpensive ($200ish) watches now from international sellers and never had to pay extra duties, but have one on the way from japan right now that cost a bit more and the seller sent all kinds of notices that i may have to pay duties. Supposed to arrive monday so i assume I'd know by now?
US import de minimus value is $800. Anything under $800 is free, anything over that is dutiable.
. I may or may not have purchased a vintage watch that came from Canada in excess of de minimus. No duties. Assuming that is a USMCA thing?
slaughtr
AG
JB!98 said:

schmendeler said:

Yeah, my "gameday" watch is cursed. I am sorry to all my fellow Ags for that purchase.

Actually, I think it's my fault. Although my gameday watch came in, the replacement maroon rubber strap did not come in until after the game. Totally on me.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That makes sense. This one is in excess, guess we'll see what they put on the form
Mas89
AG
Authenticwatchusa.com
Have prices fallen this far or is this a scam? Looks too good to be true.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Presage? I thought the LX were all gs spring drives?
Sea Speed
AG
SURELY you jest

Mas89
AG
Yes. But it was at the top of a google search.
htxag09
AG
My contribution to the thread…. This was a graduation present from my wife (then gf) back in 2010. Got the leather band for it about 5 years ago. Rarely wear it anymore, wear my garmin everyday. But the itch is coming back to wear it and to get a Rolex……

jh0400
AG
Does anyone here have a 41mm Longines Conquest? I found one I like the looks of at an AD in California, but a lot of online reviews say it wears a bit larger. My wrist size is 7 1/4", so 39-41mm is a comfortable range.
Silian Rail
Sea Speed said:

SURELY you jest

By Grabthar's hammer…….what a savings
GarlandAg2012
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

Sorry if this has been posted already but has anyone bought the latest Alpinist seiko yet? I'd like a wrist shot before I buy. The green traditional one. For less than a k it looks really nice. The prospex line is really impressive for the money. I've noticed a line of seiko emerge in between grand seiko and next highest line that I have never noticed before. Perhaps lx or something similar? I cannot recall.. but they're very nice.

What is "latest"? Here my alpinist but I got it second hand 5 years ago so maybe it's not what you're referring to? It is green though.
AgLA06
AG
I've never been a green watch guy, but that's really pretty. Especially with that bezel/ band combo.

For some reason I can't get over off color numbers on watches. If it's not silver or white, it looks like it's turned (discolored) to me.

Really like this version. Something like your brown strap would look sharp with it. Supposedly +/-6 on the new movement with 70hr power reserve.

Seems like a great value for $700.
Serotonin
AG
I think the newer ones he's referring to might be the 1959 throwbacks. But regardless that is a good looking watch.
GarlandAg2012
AG
AgLA06 said:

I've never been a green watch guy, but that's really pretty. Especially with that bezel/ band combo.

For some reason I can't get over off color numbers on watches. If it's not silver or white, it looks like it's turned (discolored) to me.

Really like this version. Something like your brown strap would look sharp with it. Supposedly +/-6 on the new movement with 70hr power reserve.

Seems like a great value for $700.

That's fair, I am a total sucker for a green/gold combo though.
FtBendTxAg
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

FtBendTxAg said:

What is "latest"? Here my alpinist but I got it second hand 5 years ago so maybe it's not what you're referring to? It is green though.

That's appears to be it. Thanks. I believe.. but not 100%, that the latest model is 2017ish-on. Such a nice watch for the price.

Also interested in the newest green/gold combo as well.
BBRex
AG
This is the best Alpinist I've seen, but priced a little higher, too. Looks like it won't be sold here, though.

https://www.seikowatches.com/uk-en/products/prospex/spb355j1
schmendeler
AG
Very clean
Sea Speed
AG
That is a great looking watch.
Silian Rail
Just had a Texags watch meet up with Serotonin, he was flossing a glorious grand seiko wristwatch.

Anyone else with a passion for horology, apostolic Christianity and fringe right wing philosophical discussion feel free to join us
First Page Last Page
Page 227 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.