Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,369 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by BBRex
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BBRex said:

JB!98 said:

aTm_bomb said:

Just went to their website and came across their Classico collection. Kid you not, there are watches with mermaids going down on women on the face of their watches. Bold move Ulysse…

https://www.ulysse-nardin.com/usa_en/watches?un_collection%5B%5D=Classico&id=9
So I can flog the dolphin and keep the time simultaneously! That is priceless.

"These watches are beautiful, but only 48 hour of power reserve for $30,000?"
"Don't worry, boss. I've talked with marketing, and they have plan to keep the watches wound. Now hear me out …"

Gdit
zgolfz85
AG
"flog the dolphin"
AgEng06
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Anyone have any more thoughts on Christopher Ward? I saw a discussion a few pages back on their new diver. Been thinking about pulling the trigger.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/dive-watches/C60-Trident-Pro-300/C60-40ADA31S0BB0-HBO.html

I'm reeeallly eyeing this one right now, except the white dial.
zgolfz85
AG
Yeah I think I've settled on it. Probably going green, but navy is sharp as well.
jh0400
AG
I'm currently traveling in France and regret not having a GMT watch for the ten times a day my wife asks me what time it is at home. I'm going to pick one up soon to avoid this situation in the future. I'd like to keep it under $2,000 if possible but could stretch a bit if I could find a deal on a Longines Zulu Time. The others I've seen that have caught my eye are the FC Yacht Timer or the Baltic Aquascape. I really like the look of the Baltic but don't know much about them. I already have a CW C63, so that one is out.

Any other recs, thoughts on the Baltic, or a Longines hookup?

ETA, the more I look at it the more I like the FC Yacht Timer GMT. I'm not a huge fan of dive watches, and the 24 hour markings on the dial are more appealing to me than those with markings on the bezel.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I like this one

https://usd.farer.com/products/charlton
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Bulova Wilton GMT

The strap would definitely have to be switched out.

Silian Rail
Not to dissuade you but that's the one of the few they make that I don't like because it's a poser. Fake rose gold with a quartz movement, they make such good watches but it feels like they tried to throw a fake bling watch out there to attract clout seekers

I am a huge Longines fan, I believe topper in CA is a Longines AD and normally has stock.
Silian Rail
Man that looks really nice
jh0400
AG
I'm looking at this one.

https://www.chrono24.com/frederiqueconstant/frederique-constant-yacht-timer-gmt--id23119483.htm

Silian Rail
Okay that looks good
Mr. McGibblets
AG
It is even better in person. Thanks again FTAC2011
schmendeler
AG
That's a looker.
FTAC2011
AG
Nice meeting you sir. Enjoy
stevopike
AG
what is the going price for a Deepsea James Cameron?
BoDog
AG
stevopike said:

what is the going price for a Deepsea James Cameron?
$17.5ish
MarathonAg12
My weekly update for "I hate my local Austin Watch Club":

schmendeler
AG
$250?
Sea Speed
AG
Rollie?!?!
MarathonAg12
schmendeler said:

$250?

The sharpened #2 pencil is what makes it a steal
jh0400
AG
I assume the answer is "no", but is there any reason not to order from an international seller on Chrono24? I can't find the watch I've decided on for anywhere near the price offered on there by a seller out of Italy.
FTAC2011
AG
What watch is it?

You will likely have to pay customs, duties, and taxes so keep that in mind
FTAco07
AG
I wouldn't do it. In addition to the costs it sounds like a much bigger hassle with no practical legal recourse if something were to go wrong.
slaughtr
AG
In November, I am visiting family in southwest Germany in a small town roughly equidistant from Zurich, Basel and Schaffhausen. Anyone on here been to any of the watch factories or is there something good to see? I will be flying out of Zurich.
MarathonAg12
Final post for the week.

Keep Austin Weird

AgLA06
AG
No offense. I'm sure this Austin watch club thing can be entertaining in a "bless their hearts" kind of way. But it's just cluttering up this thread.
MarathonAg12
AgLA06 said:

No offense. I'm sure this Austin watch club thing can be entertaining in a "bless their hearts" kind of way. But it's just cluttering up this thread.
Okie Dokie
jh0400
AG
The listing includes ~$90 in shipping and fees. If you can find one I'm glad to pay a little more. It's not too expensive, so I'm not sure if there is enough in it for you to spend time on it.

https://www.chrono24.com/frederiqueconstant/frederique-constant-yacht-timer-gmt-new--id24560266.htm

I'm not set on the bracelet, but I have no real use for the croc strap. Either way I'm ordering something new for it.

ETA: It looks like duties on this are negligible.
YouBet
AG
Are the numerals on that watch face written in Elvish?
schmendeler
AG
If i remember correctly, IWC is the only one that did tours when I looked a year or so ago.

I think Patek has a "museum" in Geneva
slaughtr
AG
Thanks. Junghans has a museum in Schramburg, which might also try when we go to the black forest.
Buying_time
AG
YouBet said:

Are the numerals on that watch face written in Elvish?

I know some Elvish -

Priscilla - fetch me a peanut butter and banana sandwich

Keeping with watch theme

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a40406116/elvis-film-watches/

zgolfz85
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Final post for the week.

Keep Austin Weird

as a Christian, I'm really struggling with these posts. It's impossible not to hate these human beings. I hope you never go to a local meet-up with these freaks
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Chrono24 is spectacularly annoying in the hoops they make buyer and seller go through to ensure both sides are protected. Because of that and there is no question on the condition (new) I'd be comfortable with the purchase. Chrono also tacks on a buyers premium iirc. That said, i bought a watch off ebay from a seller in Italy described as "como nuovo" with a grainy picture and it was fudup so i now assume all Italian watch sellers are crooks.
captkirk
AG
FTAco07 said:

I wouldn't do it. In addition to the costs it sounds like a much bigger hassle with no practical legal recourse if something were to go wrong.
I've done it through Chrono 24. Cash held in escrow until watch received and inspected. Did have to pay tax as they nabbed it at customs
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.