Houston
Sponsored by

Seafood Restaurant near Kemah/Clear Lake

4,128 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Quincey P. Morris
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have some friends down visiting and I am not familiar with the area. Prefer a nice spot on water but not a deal breaker. TIA.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Topwater Grill in San Leon fits the bill

However, it's not nice or on the water but Gillhooley's has the best seafood in the area. It's a hole in the wall, no kids allowed, and cash only but it's some legit seafood.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Some of the Landry's places aren't bad but you do have to go to a restaurant on the Boardwalk during spring break.

If you're looking for nice the. Top Water is probably your best bet. There are several dives that have good food.
jh0400
AG
Outriggers is under the Seabrook side of the bridge right on the water.
MAS444
AG
thirdcoast:

Is it possible to briefly summarize that thread?
Silvy
AG
Outriggers
Ferris Wheel Allstar
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
This place is on the water

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

Betoisafurry
Commercial fishermen have monopolized the gulf snapper catch and effectively shut out recreational fishermen through lobbying. The main swinging **** of the coms is Katie's seafood, who supply snapper to a lot of local restaurants. On a recent episode of their show, they ended up sending 5 tons of snapper to the damn dog food plant because they were too ******ed to ice it down properly. That is ****ing bull****.
cheezag03
AG
quote:
thirdcoast:

Is it possible to briefly summarize that thread?
commercial fisherman paid the feds to get all of the snapper and many restaurants including the Landry's chains endorse the effort.

As a kid my family would always boycott Landry's/Fertitta and were pissed when Kemah turned into what it is now.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Opus Bistro or Tommy's Steakhouse would be my recommendations. Opus is probably the best food down here. Not very cheap, but it's a nice place.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Monument Inn
JYDog90
AG
Lord willing, going in 2 weeks for my birthday.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Went Tuesday for lunch. Delicious as always
bigjag19
AG
Pay me and I'll cook for you.

I'll also set up a kiddie pool next to the table so you're on the water.
230Ag
AG
quote:
this pretty much sums it up.

The commercial fishermen catch millions of pounds of fish per year and the recreational guys end up with about 7-10 days of fishing time and that is all weather dependent. there is a 2 fish per person limit in those 10 days. The commercial guys have spent millions of dollars to keep regular fishermen from
snapper are about as fun to catch as hardheads. why are people upset? just because the corporate world is restricting access to a particular fish. I love to fish and fish as much as I can, but I couldn't even begin to imagine something like this bothering me at all. there are plenty of fish out there to catch. I guess I mostly catch and release though so not being able to keep fish doesn't bother me.
JYDog90
AG
So are you saying there are plenty of fish in the sea?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
I understand why you'd be pissed third coast. You have good reason to be. They aren't just hogging all the fishing, they are doing it with help from the government. There's no way to fight that.

Here's my question though. Are there seafood restaurants that don't buy from the commercial fishers? Seems you'd have to avoid a lot more than just Landrys
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I understand why you'd be pissed third coast. You have good reason to be. They aren't just hogging all the fishing, they are doing it with help from the government. There's no way to fight that.

Here's my question though. Are there seafood restaurants that don't buy from the commercial fishers? Seems you'd have to avoid a lot more than just Landrys
anti-trust suit
Ag_07
AG
Well this thread has taken an odd Politics Board like turn.
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:

anti-trust suit

How are you going to file an antitrust suit when they are apparently doing this through regulations allowed by the government? And antitrust suit inherently means they are breaking the law
Tom Hagen
AG
When the State creates and protects a cartel it is "good government" and in the best interest of the citizens of the state. Just ask the beer/liquor distributors and car dealers.
Post removed:
by user
230Ag
AG
quote:
well you can catch hardheads and i will catch snapper. and it isnt about the joy of catching, tis about a readily available public resource that is not in danger being unavailable to license holding, law abiding citizens, specifically to be caught and sold by the commercial industry through the use of rules and regulations based off of false data.
sounds good.
Post removed:
by user
rhoswen
AG
My favorite is Outriggers. Second is Topwater. There's also Sam's Boat (haven't been there) and Cabo (which can be kind of dewshy) but they're all on the water.
schmellba99
AG
Opus, Outriggers and Topwater are where I'd go.

And Third Coast is spot on with the red snapper debacle.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My limited experience with Cabo is that it's more ghetto than dewshy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.