Name clubs and bars from the 70s and 80s

82,744 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Mat Lanticus
Scantron882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well we're starting to get a picture of who the party people on the board were, at least 20 years ago.
DWF143
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Bayou Mama’s brings back bad hangover memories.

Back in the early 80’s Confetti’s was the best.

Cardi’s had live rock bands on the weekends.

in the early 80’s there was Z Street on Gessner for New Wave and Punk bands.
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this thread got me curious. anybody have any pics? i googled power tools houston tx last night and didn't get what i wanted
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quite a few clubs mentioned on this thread are on this site:

http://www.inthe80s.com/clubs2.shtml
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ThatKasper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daang...memories! Reviving a thread that's old enough to drive at this point but just came across doing some research on another 80's thread.

Are you talking about Carz? There were 2 locations at one point, one was & the other was on Katy Fwy (I-10) closer to downtown & the other was farther north off of I-45 .
ThatKasper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow, I was at that Outfield show! It was my first real live show at my first actual adults bar. The show was all ages & I remember the drinking age was still 18 (which I wasn't) but I guess me & my buddy looked older than 18 because we never got booted when the show ended & stayed to drink with the cougars.

Also my we share a name. Weird.
Agasaurus Tex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scene West (I think that was the name) near the Galleria.

Bamboo Hut and Grass Menagerie in Galveston.
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Power Tools was awesome. So was the Gallant Knight
chilimuybueno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elan
Cody's
Cattleguard
Dark horse
Yellow Rose
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of my old matchbooks
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice. Only missed out on visiting one of those spots.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had those. And I think they had a Jake and Maxie's matchbook for the little jazz club next to Ruggles across the valet drop off spot.
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Ruggles was my go to date spot. It was money. And Aquarium was our main law school hang out. Great bar. Had to keep it down on the back patio though so as not to disturb the old man in the trailer.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I used to go to Chip Kicker on 1960 when we were dating. Went to a couple other smaller clubs up that way, but don't remember the names.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MAS444 said:

That Ruggles was my go to date spot. It was money. And Aquarium was our main law school hang out. Great bar. Had to keep it down on the back patio though so as not to disturb the old man in the trailer.


Ruggles was a great date spot.

Cafe Annie was another one.
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Club Land
Confetti's
Yucatn Liquor Stand
Boardwalk Beach Club
Waves
Fizz
Rialto
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biz Ag said:

Club Land
Confetti's
Yucatn Liquor Stand
Boardwalk Beach Club
Waves
Fizz
Rialto


No Daiquiri Factory?
84AGEC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Biz Ag said:

Club Land
Confetti's
Yucatn Liquor Stand
Boardwalk Beach Club
Waves
Fizz
Rialto


Thanks for the business
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't recall that one.
agz win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

maroon barchetta said:

Biz Ag said:

Club Land
Confetti's
Yucatn Liquor Stand
Boardwalk Beach Club
Waves
Fizz
Rialto


No Daiquiri Factory?


That was late 90s.


When was Virginia City's heyday?



The original DF on The Curve in Montrose opened mid 1980s.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agz win said:

Bregxit said:

maroon barchetta said:

Biz Ag said:

Club Land
Confetti's
Yucatn Liquor Stand
Boardwalk Beach Club
Waves
Fizz
Rialto


No Daiquiri Factory?


That was late 90s.


When was Virginia City's heyday?



The original DF on The Curve in Montrose opened mid 1980s.


A friend went there one night and sprained her ankle really badly on the front porch or in the parking lot or something. She had also recently gotten a tattoo on her ankle and didn't want her dad to see if she mentioned her ankle was sprained and didn't want to tell him she sprained it after a couple hours at the Daquiri Factory. She was 19.

She wanted go get an x-ray but didn't want to get any questions at home so she just toughed it out and wore long socks.
abomba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wild West was the one on Long Point, before they moved to Richmond.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Marfreless yet - they've been open since the 70s. Pretty swanky place!

Echoes of Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
R&R USA
City Streets (90s)
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just talking to a buddy the other night trying to remember the name of the country place in City Streets, and another stand alone country place nearby in the Galleria, but I think that one was mentioned already. It was fun having a buddy who was a doorman at City Streets when I was 18 or 19.
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

When was Virginia City's heyday?
I went there a lot in the late '80's & early '90's.
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Was just talking to a buddy the other night trying to remember the name of the country place in City Streets....

The Rose?
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wasn't that place called Wild West.

Might have been neon rodeo or something like that.
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Was just talking to a buddy the other night trying to remember the name of the country place in City Streets, and another stand alone country place nearby in the Galleria, but I think that one was mentioned already. It was fun having a buddy who was a doorman at City Streets when I was 18 or 19.
I remember going to that Galleria country place a few times but I can't remember the name. It was a lot swankier than places like Wild Wool and Tin Hall.


Another freak show (and target-rich environment) was Sunday nights at the Roxy.

Not mentioned?
Cody's on the Roof
Yaga

84AGEC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Microwave Onions said:

Was just talking to a buddy the other night trying to remember the name of the country place in City Streets, and another stand alone country place nearby in the Galleria, but I think that one was mentioned already. It was fun having a buddy who was a doorman at City Streets when I was 18 or 19.
I remember going to that Galleria country place a few times but I can't remember the name. It was a lot swankier than places like Wild Wool and Tin Hall.


Another freak show (and target-rich environment) was Sunday nights at the Roxy.

Not mentioned?
Cody's on the Roof
Yaga





Cowboys. I use to live in that place during the summer.
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

My wife and I used to go to Chip Kicker on 1960 when we were dating. Went to a couple other smaller clubs up that way, but don't remember the names.
Willie Nelson's Night Life was off 1960 & I-45. I only remember that because my date nearly face planted slipping on the ice in the parking lot.

Kenny Stabler owned a C&W bar off 290 near Northwest Mall in the mid-'80's. Called "Snake's Place" or something like that.

Edit: It was the Diamondback Saloon. I knew it had a snake theme based on his nickname.
Hwy30East
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasn't old enough to go to Cowboys at the time, but I know my older brother spent tons of money in that place. It was also one of the clubs that was in Urban Cowboy, I believe.
Hwy30East
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone remember the Winchester Club? On Bissonet, between Hillcroft and Chimney Rock. Isaac P. Sweat was the house band.

Fools Gold maybe, was the name of the club way down Westheimer just past Dairy Ashford. which use to be out in the middle of nowhere in the early 80s.
Page 2 of 3 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.