Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,063,836 Views | 19115 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by 80085
Goldie Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ac04 said:

i also no longer listen past 10.

really wish the dumb zone would capitalize on this by releasing their shows way earlier. not sure if they just prefer a late start or if editing takes a long time, but getting the episodes at lunch would be so much better than 3:00-4:00 for me personally.
Ive started listening a day behind for pretty much this exact reason. Dan and Jake open eff around starting at noon just feels right, and I'm generally not doing a ton of podcast consumption outside of normal business hours
AG
I was in the nothing after 10 group, but now Im in the enjoy it while it lasts group and will turn on from 4-6 bouncing between rhyner and HL
InternetFan02
AG
After 10am+60min I'm now AirPod in right ear guy bouncing around to different podcasts all day and usually catch most of the dumb zone 'Oh yeah wait a minute uncle HOTmail'
t - cam
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I can say this. I no longer listen to the station past 10 am and on a private Facebook page that has lots of members who do the same.

As for junior Solis, he only cares about his double life as a bi sexual pervert. I will not be surprised when his daughter becomes a " boy" ar some point.

Yikes
double aught
AG
I knew that was coming. Such a bizarre fixation those two posters have.
Macarthur
Thou doth protest too much
ScoopsCalla
ac04 said:

i also no longer listen past 10.

really wish the dumb zone would capitalize on this by releasing their shows way earlier. not sure if they just prefer a late start or if editing takes a long time, but getting the episodes at lunch would be so much better than 3:00-4:00 for me personally.

They record live to tape starting at noon like the old days. Takes 30 minutes or so to edit/upload. Pretty sure their long term plan would be to just start going live at noon rather than to tape
ac04
thank you...scoops
gabehcoud
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ftc-bans-all-new-non-compete-clauses-and-strikes-down-most-existing-agreements/ar-AA1nxnxx
zag213004
AG
So when can we expect the canning of a FREAK show for Dan and jake
dave94
AG
zag213004 said:

So when can we expect the canning of a FREAK show for Dan and jake

Dan and Jake are well beyond the non-compete window, and they're not going back to terrestrial radio.
Hincemm
AG
The question is more like "when we can expect a show that thinks they're undervalued to jump ship to another station or go to a podcast?"

Nothing to back this up but i could see the fan poaching someone from another station.
Rudyjax
AG
Riddle me this… how do people make money on free podcasts when Dan and Jake have to charge to get people to listen?

powerbelly
AG
Rudyjax said:

Riddle me this… how do people make money on free podcasts when Dan and Jake have to charge to get people to listen?

Ad revenue
walton91
Always good to hear from Ribby and learn which players in the draft have a good knee to distance ratio
Rudyjax
AG
powerbelly said:

Rudyjax said:

Ad revenue
Alright, why don't' they hire one of those companies that takes a % of the ad revenue they sell to sell ad space?
Hincemm
AG
most cringeworthy gordo's corner in a long time. guy gets trapped in a cave and dies.
t - cam
AG
Hincemm said:

most cringeworthy gordo's corner in a long time. guy gets trapped in a cave and dies.

Have you seen that story? The cave was tiny. Absolute nightmare fuel.
Hincemm
AG
https://cavehaven.com/nutty-putty-cave-accident/
Stive
AG
Ok….i listen on the SportsRadio app. What's a good spot to go back and listen to the Gordo's Corner from today?
Jack Ruby
Cowboys draft talk. There's more important things going on now.
Hincemm
AG
Stive said:

Ok….i listen on the SportsRadio app. What's a good spot to go back and listen to the Gordo's Corner from today?
too late...you'll need to go to the unticket or if they put it on the app manana,
mavsfan4ever
AG
Rudyjax said:

powerbelly said:

Rudyjax said:

Ad revenue
Alright, why don't' they hire one of those companies that takes a % of the ad revenue they sell to sell ad space?
During their noncompete legal battle, part of their argument for why they were not competing with Cumulus was that they did not sell ads (which is where Cumulus makes its money). Dumb Zone was a subscription fee service, which receives revenue in a totally different manner (and essentially has different paying "customers"). So that's likely why they initially set it up through Patreon and did not sell ads.

Going forward, I imagine whether they sell ads or not will depend on whether they think they can make more money going the Patreon route without ads (or at least without ads for the paying subscribers) or if they think they can make more making everything fee and relying solely on ad revenue. I don't know which would give them more revenue, but I assume they will look at all options.
Ervin Burrell
AG
t - cam said:

Hincemm said:

Have you seen that story? The cave was tiny. Absolute nightmare fuel.
I don't even understand how spelunking is enjoyable/fun. Pitch black and crawling through bat sh/t...for what purpose? Skydiving, rock climbing, the wingsuit thing, and other crap that can get you killed I understand...but no thanks to cave exploring.
Decay
AG
I'm getting claustrophobic just thinking about it. Those guys are wired different. Especially underwater caves. Nope nope nope.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Rudyjax said:

powerbelly said:

Rudyjax said:

Ad revenue
During their noncompete legal battle, part of their argument for why they were not competing with Cumulus was that they did not sell ads (which is where Cumulus makes its money). Dumb Zone was a subscription fee service, which receives revenue in a totally different manner (and essentially has different paying "customers"). So that's likely why they initially set it up through Patreon and did not sell ads.

Going forward, I imagine whether they sell ads or not will depend on whether they think they can make more money going the Patreon route without ads (or at least without ads for the paying subscribers) or if they think they can make more making everything fee and relying solely on ad revenue. I don't know which would give them more revenue, but I assume they will look at all options.

It'll likely be like most other patreon pods… they'll have weekly free episodes with ad breaks and then some patreon eps that don't.
J.P. 03
AG
Rich Phillips in for Junior this morning. He's been gone from the Ticket for TEN YEARS?!? That makes me feel old.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
J.P. 03 said:

Rich Phillips in for Junior this morning. He's been gone from the Ticket for TEN YEARS?!? That makes me feel old.
Borderline crazy how much better the show is without Junior.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Dick Hicks isn't bad at all, in small doses anyway. I enjoyed him getting to catch up with George and Gordo.
The Pilot
AG
Sam Gannon is definitely an upgrade over Matt.
WC87
AG
Is anyone else's stream skipping a lot? Or is this just a me issue? Seems like the Musers stream skips every few seconds.
Nagler
AG
Yep, mine is skipping. Has been around 9 oclock for the past few days. I sent them a message on the app.
Phat32
AG
WC87 said:

Is anyone else's stream skipping a lot? Or is this just a me issue? Seems like the Musers stream skips every few seconds.

Just came here to ask. Yes, happening for me too.
walton91
Skipping for me too
bert harbinson
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Dick Hicks isn't bad at all, in small doses anyway. I enjoyed him getting to catch up with George and Gordo.

Did he provide an update on Cletus?
First Page Last Page
Page 543 of 547

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.