Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,309 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by double aught
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.patreon.com/TheDumbZone/
GarlandAg2012
AG
Hincemm said:

Up to $1,956 per month already. Love that it shows that publicly, I hope they don't disable that.
mavsfan4ever
AG
It would just be the number of subscribers times the monthly fee. And I think you'll always be able to tell how many subscribers they have (but could be wrong).

How is this not a violation of their noncompete? Does the noncompete only apply to radio and not "doing radio" online?
t - cam
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

It would just be the number of subscribers times the monthly fee. And I think you'll always be able to tell how many subscribers they have (but could be wrong).

How is this not a violation of their noncompete? Does the noncompete only apply to radio and not "doing radio" online?

Their contract was done. Do we know if they have a non compete?
Hincemm
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

i wish we knew

like anyone could even know that
mavsfan4ever
AG
Typically the non-compete would run after the termination of employment, even if the contract ran out. But guess it's possible that their noncompete didn't run past the contract date if they didn't resign or get fired prior to the contract ending.
Rudyjax
AG
Well, I didn't listen to them for free so I doubt I'll pay to listen.
dvldog
AG
Probably reiterating something already said before, but I think they'll need to bring in a 3rd member sooner rather than later - not necessarily as a full co-host, but someone that can pop in and out of segments. Maybe I didn't appreciate how much Blake/Ham/Ty brought to the show every day (Blake in particular). Listening to only these two bounce off each other today got rather old about halfway through. They are too similar and need another point of view.

It's probably why every other show on the Ticket works so well - Musers with Gordo, Invasion with Sirois/SeaBass, HL with Danny/Mino/GXD. You've got to have that yuk monkey/3rd wheel/etc. that will chime in from time to time.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, remove a producer, ticker guy, and board op from chiming in. Remove drops and other off-the-cuff audio. It really strips the thing down to something less. I still think they end up at the Fan or the Freak.

I expect a decent run-up of subscribers for about a week or two, but then I see it topping out then declining.
hph6203
AG
They're going to need ~3,000 subscribers to match what they made at the ticket, just a rough guess of what they were making. That's if they get decent ad revenue off their "one" public post per week.
Old Tom Morris
I don't think Dan was bankrolling a Southlake household on $125k a year
GarlandAg2012
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Fair considering they only have 1 price tier for now but many creators have multiple tiers with different perks. And based on looking at other creators, they can choose to turn it off if they want.
hph6203
AG
I don't think Jake was making as much as Dan and I have no idea what they were making, but was lowballing it to the absolute low end of the range. I can't imagine they're going to sniff what they were making at The Ticket.

Their monetization strategy is already ****ed on this deal. They'd be better off setting the buy in to $1-2 just as a show of support from their listeners, posting ad free versions of their podcast/live access to the recordings and then bake in ads for the non-paying people. For them to make anywhere near $250k between the two of them they'd have to be among the biggest acts on Patreon, which just isn't going to happen.

Followed another guy who got the boot from his former company/left of his own accord. They had $40k in recurring subscriptions, and he nearly matched that total within the first week. If they're not pulling close to their old pay by the weekend (they won't) they're screwed. They're more likely to lose subscribers than gain them because they have very limited ways to reach a bigger audience.
Hincemm
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I don't think Dan was bankrolling a Southlake household on $125k a year

Per the YouTube, he lives in an older part of southlake…not the 1+ million homes is my guess. He's been there for ~20 years and his house may be paid off or close. And he's an empty nester…may not be as bad as you think.
mavsfan4ever
AG
dvldog said:

Probably reiterating something already said before, but I think they'll need to bring in a 3rd member sooner rather than later - not necessarily as a full co-host, but someone that can pop in and out of segments. Maybe I didn't appreciate how much Blake/Ham/Ty brought to the show every day (Blake in particular). Listening to only these two bounce off each other today got rather old about halfway through. They are too similar and need another point of view.

It's probably why every other show on the Ticket works so well - Musers with Gordo, Invasion with Sirois/SeaBass, HL with Danny/Mino/GXD. You've got to have that yuk monkey/3rd wheel/etc. that will chime in from time to time.
Yep, this is the main reason I don't think their podcast (or whatever we are calling this) will be very entertaining. First, they can no longer riff with the other hosts, won't have cross-talk, won't be able to talk about the other shows (make fund of the other guys), won't have segments with friends, etc.

But probably even more importantly, I don't think anyone realizes how much the producers, board ops, and others bring to the table, especially for the Hang Zone where they participate more than other shows. Sure, Blake, Ty and Ham may not bring a ton if you ask them to host, but they were constantly making me laugh or chuckle when they would chime in here or there or play a drop. And the benefit of that isn't just the line that may make you laugh from one of those three. It's that once they say something funny or interesting, then that allows Dan and Jake to go down that rabbit trail for a few minutes and continue the fun. That's all gone if it's just the two of them. They won't be able to be as funny/interesting because they don't have three other guys who would help contribute to the show (sometimes even unintentionally). They have 3 less guys to think of funny things loosely related to what they are talking about, which means there will be less rabbit holes for Dan and Jake to go down.

I'm rambling now, but you get the point. I agree that I think they end up at the Freak or the Fan within a year.
Old Tom Morris
You say empty nester as if that alleviates the expense. He's got two kids in college out of state. Those kids are costing him more than ever right now.
Goldie Wilson
I'd be surprised if this podcast/patreon is the only income source they have planned. I think they're both smarter than to expect that patreon would fully replace a Ticket salary
Ervin Burrell
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

dvldog said:

Yep, this is the main reason I don't think their podcast (or whatever we are calling this) will be very entertaining. First, they can no longer riff with the other hosts, won't have cross-talk, won't be able to talk about the other shows (make fund of the other guys), won't have segments with friends, etc.

But probably even more importantly, I don't think anyone realizes how much the producers, board ops, and others bring to the table, especially for the Hang Zone where they participate more than other shows. Sure, Blake, Ty and Ham may not bring a ton if you ask them to host, but they were constantly making me laugh or chuckle when they would chime in here or there or play a drop. And the benefit of that isn't just the line that may make you laugh from one of those three. It's that once they say something funny or interesting, then that allows Dan and Jake to go down that rabbit trail for a few minutes and continue the fun. That's all gone if it's just the two of them. They won't be able to be as funny/interesting because they don't have three other guys who would help contribute to the show (sometimes even unintentionally). They have 3 less guys to think of funny things loosely related to what they are talking about, which means there will be less rabbit holes for Dan and Jake to go down.

I'm rambling now, but you get the point. I agree that I think they end up at the Freak or the Fan within a year.

Well said and sums up my thoughts exactly.
txag2008
AG
EllisCoAg
AG
is the Mom Game Podcast the big winner in all of this, I've seen more of them than anything
Hincemm
AG
EllisCoAg said:

is the Mom Game Podcast the big winner in all of this, I've seen more of them than anything
neigh
bert harbinson
AG
Not much is more energy draining than the voice and content of David "Cooper Skinlanin" Moore.
Spaceship
AG
bert harbinson said:

Not much is more energy draining than the voice and content of David "Cooper Skinlanin" Moore.

Cooper Skinlanin
Hincemm
AG
how did i miss this?

Rudyjax
AG
That's a top 10 worst tatoo I've ever seen.
Goldie Wilson
Rudyjax said:

Where does a Lil Peep foot tattoo fall on that list?
Rudyjax
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Rudyjax said:

Where does a Lil Peep foot tattoo fall on that list?

Not sure what that means.
RabbleRouser07
AG
He got "Lil Peep" tattooed on the bottom of his foot one year during White Elephant after the rapper passed away. It was back when he was desperately trying anything to impress the Tier 1 hosts.
double aught
AG
Guess it worked.
walton91
Hincemm said:

Pretty good for week 1
powerbelly
AG
walton91 said:

Hincemm said:

Pretty good for week 1

I wouldn't be so sure. Most subs that will come will come early. I expected more.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
walton91 said:

Hincemm said:

Pretty good for week 1

lol at that rendering.
Goldie Wilson
powerbelly said:

walton91 said:

Hincemm said:

Pretty good for week 1

I wouldn't be so sure. Most subs that will come will come early. I expected more.
I figure it will level off around $15 or $20k, with an additional bump once they offer annual subs. Not bad for four 1-hour pods per week.
dvldog
AG
Someone is making a guess on Ticket Reddit that Donovan and Matt McClearin will be the new 12-3 show.

Reasoning:
Quote:

Matt is leaving Cumulus Station WJOX as of Friday. Matt is also ending his podcast with JJT as of Friday.
walton91
Is that the guy with the alien abduction story? Didn't think I'd be asking that when I woke up today
First Page Last Page
Page 495 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.