Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,243,210 Views | 19958 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by dave94
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's pretty obvious what is going to happen.

They'll go to the freak eventually and the tickets ratings will drop significantly. Cumulous will spend more money to bring in outside the market talent and ratings will still get beaten out.

Sturm will leave, Musers will retire, Gordo will go work for Dax Shepard, and they'll be gone in less than 10 years.

Complete mismanagement.
Because really, Musers and Sturm are the only talent they have left.

AG
Rudyjax said:

They'll go to the freak eventually and the tickets ratings will drop significantly. Cumulous will spend more money to bring in outside the market talent and ratings will still get beaten out.

Sturm will leave, Musers will retire, Gordo will go work for Dax Shepard, and they'll be gone in less than 10 years.

Complete mismanagement.

everyone you mentioned should be retired in less than 10 years
hoosier-daddy
They don't join the freak wo the freak getting rid of several people. Hope this happens but don't see the godfather of the freak axing the people he saved from obscurity
Rudyjax
AG
80085 said:

Rudyjax said:

Complete mismanagement.

everyone you mentioned should be retired in less than 10 years

Either way, they're gone in less than 10. They're in trouble.
Rudyjax
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

They don't join the freak wo the freak getting rid of several people. Hope this happens but don't see the godfather of the freak axing the people he saved from obscurity

They'll do it. It's a cold af business.
hoosier-daddy
Hope so but doubt it. Ben, Skin, Kavanaugh, the non Julie chick can all go.
Ag CPA
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Gomer95 said:

Doubt it's happening but wouldn't it be awesome if The Old Grey Wolf somehow got ALL the rest of the hosts including the Musers to come over to The Freak for Ticket 2.0? That would be….LEGENDARY.
With what money?

iHeart money, Jerry Jone money…
Stive
AG
I think we're watching the death of radio happen in live time, slow-motion.

They don't have the money to pay these guys due to advertising on this platform fading into oblivion. The Freak doesn't have the money, and neither does cumulus. Their fan base isn't growing due to options for the listener and demographics. The different daily segments are getting picked apart and the drive time slots will be the last ones standing due to listener loyalty, and logistics. I doubt it's mismanagement as much as it's the changing of the times.

Whoever above said 10 years…I think that might be ambitious. Either way I'd put the cap on the Musers, Corby and Sturm at 10 years but no more. I'll miss it but wow what a run.
walton91
Rudyjax said:

Complete mismanagement.

I doubt their ratings will drop significantly . As much as I like Dan and Jake, they were the #3 of 4 shows at the Ticket. If they go against the Musers they'll lose. No one will argue that. If they go against the HL, that means Rhynes, Danny, and Sirois have all been demoted, which I don't see happening. If they end up noon-3, they may win that time slot but its non drive time so....a marginal win for Freak? What interested me more was Dan's comment about him saying during the negotiation "that's a non starter". To me that gives creedence to the rumors about digital rights. Wherever they go I hope they do get to do something actually different because I'd love to see it
t - cam
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Hope so but doubt it. Ben, Skin, Kavanaugh, the non Julie chick can all go.

Cavanaugh and KT and even Julie can very easily be bumped back a peg. They were thrown a pretty incredible lifeline but nothing about their past warrants a morning drive show in a top 5 market.
t - cam
AG
walton91 said:

Rudyjax said:

Complete mismanagement.

I doubt their ratings will drop significantly . As much as I like Dan and Jake, they were the #3 of 4 shows at the Ticket. If they go against the Musers they'll lose. No one will argue that. If they go against the HL, that means Rhynes, Danny, and Sirois have all been demoted, which I don't see happening. If they end up noon-3, they may win that time slot but its non drive time so....a marginal win for Freak? What interested me more was Dan's comment about him saying during the negotiation "that's a non starter". To me that gives creedence to the rumors about digital rights. Wherever they go I hope they do get to do something actually different because I'd love to see it

They will get morning drive if they want it. They don't have to beat the ticket. They have to beat the fan.
Phat32
AG
Dan doesn't wake up until 10
AG
walton91 said:

Rudyjax said:

Complete mismanagement.

Back when the freak rumors were starting someome either here, the other thread, or reddit said rhynes was only going to do a year. They also predicted just about everything that has happened and said expect hangzone over there by spring, maybe it said part of bad radio. I remember that part being ambiguous

I dug around last night but couldn't find the post
Old Tom Morris
Phat32 said:

Dan doesn't wake up until 10

Not anymore. Covid long haul changed this. He's early to bed, early to rise guy now
AgGrad99
AG
Dan blames everything on long-haul Covid.

The older you get, people tend to go to bed earlier and rise earlier. I know I completely changed in this regard.

He even said one time, when he was blaming a cold and being tired on long-COVId....'I guess it's LHC, before COVId, I'd get colds and get real tired sometimes too'. But now....it's LHC
walton91
8:15, this was posted yesterday
Hincemm
AG
Jub is +500 to get emotional first
True Anomaly
AG
All this happened right when Norm was retiring as well.
bigcat22
AG
Wow, Bob is pretty torn up about this
TXAGGIES
Where are they going?
Bones08
AG
TXAGGIES said:

Where are they going?
Sounds like into Podcasting.
True Anomaly
AG
Never heard George as pissed on the air as he was during this segment. Pretty sure that was directed right at Rhyner
TXAGGIES
Can we trade Corby for Dan?
TXAGGIES
Bones08 said:

TXAGGIES said:

Where are they going?

So is it podcasting until the non compete expires then to 97.1?
Bones08
AG
TXAGGIES said:

Bones08 said:

TXAGGIES said:

Where are they going?

Maybe. They did directly say that Dan and Jake said they weren't leaving just to directly compete with them.

But who knows.
bthotugigem05
AG
This has to hurt for them, it really does signify the end of the radio era. Just not enough dollars to go around for all of the Tier 1 salaries. Reality of corporate radio.
mavsfan4ever
AG
That segment was very telling. It seems like Dan and Jake just wanted out. Very weird. It was clear that they were offered most of what they wanted and the hosts were helping them out and trying to get them to stay. But they just wanted out to "pursue outside media interests." Whatever that means.

I loved the hang zone but I feel like this is a mistake. No clue what "outside media interests" could be but can't imagine it will be that great. And doubt they will have a huge following.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Bones08 said:

TXAGGIES said:

Bones08 said:

TXAGGIES said:

Where are they going?

Maybe. They did directly say that Dan and Jake said they weren't leaving just to directly compete with them.

But who knows.

Yea I think they are all skeptical of this. They said they had to take them at their word for that but seemed skeptical. And no one really understood why they were leaving or why they wanted out of the ticket.

And even if they aren't planning to compete right away, once their "outside media interests fail, then they would come crawling back to the freak or the fan and would compete at that time.
AgGrad99
AG
Podcasting?

Do they have the following/cache to pull that off? I mean, Im sure they'll have a local built-in audience, but to make enough money to support both guys after expenses? I'm skeptical.

Seems like something they could have started on the side, before abandoning the full time gig.

It all just seems odd.
Macarthur
AgGrad99 said:

Podcasting?

Do they have the following/cache to pull that off? I mean, Im sure they'll have a local built-in audience, but to make enough money to support both guys after expenses? I'm skeptical.

Seems like something they could have started on the side, before abandoning the full time gig.

It all just seems odd.

Agree.

I think Dan and Jake are going to really regret this ina. Couple of months.
MavsAg
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Podcasting?

It all just seems odd.
Sounds like that's what they wanted to do but Cumulus wouldn't allow it.
zag213004
AG
Prediction. In less than 2 years they will be on the freak (if it lasts that long) or the fan.

Will miss Dan (2nd funniest in my opinion on the ticket)

Won't miss Jake though when he gets on his anti-A&M rants (referring to the institution and culture not the football team as our football team right deserves the criticism of under performance). It's not as bad as Corby but still.
Silvertaps
AG
It sounds like they wanted to start their own side podcasting show while still employed with the Ticket and Cumulus wasn't agreeing to it? I'm sure there are more layers to this, but was that the main issue?
AgGrad99
AG
Curious what points they were stuck on, in that regard.

Because Gordo does Twitch, Sirois did his twitch and other hosts do online stuff. Heck, 'Space is SG" came from Jake podcasting before he was a full time host.

So there had to be some sort of minutia they were arguing over.

I'm guessing they wanted to use Ticket broadcasted content, and not something completely independent on the side?
Phat32
AG
100% agree. Lots of their content is based off of playing off of Ticket bits, other hosts, running jokes, etc.

They really only work about 2 hours a day when you go 12:30-2:30 and have commercials. Obviously there is setup, but that seems like a bad idea to bail.
First Page Last Page
Page 490 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.