Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,774 Views | 19957 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ChipFTAC01
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

I know they've speculated about "why can't we recreate the Ticket online/streaming" and I could see them giving this a try, it doesn't take too many monthly subscribers at $10/month to support a small team, then throw in some sponsorship/ad $. Not sure if I would pay or not but a theoretical uncensored Dan and Jake could be pretty entertaining.

It takes quite a bit of money to do great podcasts.
True Anomaly
AG
WC87 said:

Dan can probably get another gig. Jake, wondering what his strength may be? As a producer? He's good at cutting audio. His thoughts aren't nuanced at all, and he's not naturally funny. But I guess Dan needs a straight man if they are getting into podcasting.

Agree to disagree. I think Jake has well-though-out, nuanced points many times and I enjoy his take on things, even if I don't agree
ac04
i would pay $5-10 for the first month for sure to at least check it out. they are my favorite show, i am listening unless someone is bothering me with work BS. if you remove hang zone i'm basically down to just the gordo segments on the musers.
EllisCoAg
AG
once again, i've skipped checking this space during dry dock and all hell breaks loose. i thought i would pop in to see everyone rejoicing the Musers were back.
clobby
AG
They could do well with a podcast. Both have a strong following and could live off ad revenue.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
MavsAg said:

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I would absolutely pay $5-$10/month for a HZ or ticket-esk podcast. Being able to listen to any segment at any point a day after the show would be great. All we get right now is a crappy top 10.

I've always thought they should go the podcasting route. Radio is dying. No one under 40 listens to the radio these days, yet they all listen to multiple podcasts. Why can't Dan and Jake take the leap and start building a localized Barstool of sorts?

I have no clue if you're in the minority or not, but if it came to them launching a podcast no way would I bother listening to those guys for free, much less pay them any amount of money to do so.

There are so many other (free) options with people who actually know what they're talking about.
hoosier-daddy
If they get The Freak mid day show and they get rid of Ben & Skin I'd switch in the afternoons.
Hincemm
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

If they get The Freak mid day show and they get rid of Ben & Skin I'd switch in the afternoons.
this was my answer but i don't see ben and skin leaving. i guess they could move time slots...but do you get rid of the speakeasy? seems little early (unless you merge julie in).

i wonder if the wild card here is the fan, tbh. move HZ against the HL....that would be delicious.
hoosier-daddy
Actually that would be great. Put Julie back with Jake & Dan
Ag CPA
AG
Can't get over how fast the Ticket is falling apart, not sure it can (or should) be saved at this point.
sixiron
AG
Ag CPA said:

Can't get over how fast the Ticket is falling apart, not sure it can (or should) be saved at this point.

I've been listening since 2004 and the future doesn't look too good to me. Looks like i'll be listening a LOT less after 10am.
Bob and Corby together has been OK but hasn't done too much for me. Adding Davey hasn't done anything for me. I've had a decreasing interest in The Hardline over the last few months.
I like Donnie but no one else there fits very well with him. I think a good idea would be for Donnie to have a 10-noon show where he brings in a different friend/colleague/coworker every day/week. It would be "Donnie and Friends".
I have no interest in listening to what Sean says for more than 5 seconds.
Monty and Mino aren't terrible...but if that's the best you have to offer, that really says something.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Just got an alert in the SportsDay app. Have they mentioned it on-air?
dvldog
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/2023/07/18/jake-kemp-and-dan-mcdowell-resign-from-the-ticket/

Quote:

McDowell and Kemp failed to agree to new contracts with the station after months of negotiations, according to a spokesperson for The Ticket. The spokesperson added that Donovan Lewis and Sean Bass would fill the noon to 3 p.m. slot previously held by The Hang Zone.

Hopefully the bold part is temporary while they figure things out (or it refers to what's been happening so far).
DallasAg03
AG
I'm told Corby's wife and Dan Bennett's wife are very close friends. I don't think Cat has that much power when it comes to Drive-time talent.
NukeAg10
AG

ftworthag02
AG
F!
t - cam
AG
They obviously have a plan together as Jake is likely not in position to take a long hiatus without something locked up.
DallasAg03
AG
Rumors are saying Dan and Jake wanted digital media rights, ie own the podcast of their shows.
Old Tom Morris
Not having a plan to keep Sirois was screwup #1. The other was letting some of these other trash weekend shows go too long. That is your developmental league and they gave crap like Country Force way too long.
Legal Custodian
AG
t - cam said:

They obviously have a plan together as Jake is likely not in position to take a long hiatus without something locked up.
I thought his wife makes bank. He might be in a better position than most
Old Tom Morris
She may make bank but she might also be feeling the stay-home mom calling
TheClaw07
AG
Next segment is about NIL… specifically about Ags and whether NIL "crumbled the team"
t - cam
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Ben & Skin facilitated the whole ticket takeover at that station. I'd guess they are pretty safe. So much so I'd assume they picked their time slot when it got thrown together.
powerbelly
AG
t - cam said:

hoosier-daddy said:

Ben & Skin facilitated the whole ticket takeover at that station. I'd guess they are pretty safe. So much so I'd assume they picked their time slot when it got thrown together.

No one should be safe turning in a 0 share
East Dallas Ag
AG
TheClaw07 said:

Next segment is about NIL… specifically about Ags and whether NIL "crumbled the team"
I cant think of two people on the Ticket I would rather hear less talk about A&M than Corby and Mino.
ftworthag02
AG
his wife is a senior business development manager for APL Logistics
Ag CPA
AG
I'm sure they are safe in some slot but iHeart and Mike aren't going to be sympathetic if they have the opportunity to bring the HZ over and put the first nail in the Ticket's coffin.
Old Tom Morris
ftworthag02 said:

his wife is a senior business development manager for APL Logistics

Looks like she just started there. Looking at her resume, I'm sure she's doing fine but doesn't exactly look like "making bank" territory, at least depending on how you define bank
Silvertaps
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

TheClaw07 said:

I cant think of two people on the Ticket I would rather hear less talk about A&M than Corby and Mino.

Not listening right now, so curious about their source material. They running with the $30m Sliced Bread rumor? So they really think NIL was the majority reason that class "crumbled"? Did they study the remaining roster to find the main core of that class is still at A&M? Did they discuss Chris Marshall ALSO getting dismissed from Ole Miss?
hoosier-daddy
t - cam said:

hoosier-daddy said:

But they're so bad at radio.
hoosier-daddy
https://247sports.com/article/texas-am-receiver-ainias-smith-nil-factor-in-aggies-drop-in-2022-212929504/

When a reporter at SEC Football Media Days asked Texas A&M fifth-year senior wide receiver Ainias Smith to diagnose the program's recent shortcomings despite the talent of its recruits and the state of its facilities, Smith identified...individualism, including through the pursuit of NIL deals
realestateguru
AG
Ag CPA said:

How so? The station had their highest ratings in their history.
t - cam
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

t - cam said:

hoosier-daddy said:

I like them quite a bit over the years. Thought the ticket missed an opportunity to get them full time years ago.
hoosier-daddy
I'm thankful they didnt. Always been immediate channel change when i hear them
powerbelly
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

t - cam said:

hoosier-daddy said:

No one finishes last in ratings better.
First Page Last Page
Page 486 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.