Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,024 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by FincAg
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No no no never never no never
t - cam
AG
Just Tired said:

with freak afternoon drive entrenched and going against gordo in the morning ratings suicide would dan and jake just make a lateral move to middays?

We've been discussing if the podcast excuse was merely their cover to avoid any issues with a non compete. The freaks morning spot has to be available if they want it.
AgGrad99
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

For fun let's assume those 2 are Dan and Jake, this is really starring to feel like a PGA/LIV battle that ends with the 2 stations merging.

Is it too much credit to give the Old Grey Wolf masterminding this to finally get someone else to buy the Little Ticket?
Old Tom Morris
Looking at the ticket subreddit, someone is saying Bob and Dan's new contract when they nearly left in June 2013 was 4 years with a 5th option. If they re-upped with that same structure in 2018, then here we are…
tk for tu juan
Any mentions/hints in WTDS about the resignations?
Ervin Burrell
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Any mentions/hints in WTDS about the resignations?

No-Corby was reading Dan and Jake's names from listener e-mails, FWIW.
Danny Vermin
Saw this on the Facebook

ac04
damnit
Just Tired
listening to the freak for the first time since initial liftoff. pretty much pure ticket format now without all the annoying niche music bogdowns back then. sirios still good, Danny still annoying. Rhynes engaged.
Just Tired
norm was right that dan is an acquired taste but he is unique. wouldn't want to hang with a guy like that but enjoyed his radio schtick. he and Julie were especially good together. he will be missed.

jake okay but pretty generic. a little late to the party to enjoy the financial benefits from the meteoric rise of the ticket like the long time hosts. I'd take him over corby but easily replaced.
clobby
AG
The ticket downfall.
752bro4
AG
Dan, Jake, Julie reunite on the freak
Donny-doo next?
Gomer95
AG
Dan and Jake leaving aren't enough for me to abandon the Ticket for the Freak but wherever Gordo goes, I'm THERE.
Goldie Wilson
Dan, Jake, Julie, and Sirois is intriguing enough for me to give it a week or two or three. You'd think HZ + Julie would be pretty seamless from Day 1
WC87
AG
Perhaps they are pursuing their WNBA dreams.
The Pilot
AG
WC87 said:

When does that season start? Hadn't thought about this.
Goldie Wilson
WC87 said:

But is having this minor skill even worth being so unattractive?
Hincemm
AG
Just Tired said:

norm was right that dan is an acquired taste but he is unique.
dan is (was) the most valuable on air commodity at the ticket outside of gordo.

i may get push back on that, but he literally works well with just about anybody's he's paired with.
powerbelly
AG
Hincemm said:

Just Tired said:

norm was right that dan is an acquired taste but he is unique.
dan is (was) the most valuable on air commodity at the ticket outside of gordo.

i may get push back on that, but he literally works well with just about anybody's he's paired with.

He is great when paired with the right person. Bob and him were great. Jake and Dan are too similar so Dan doesn't have the straight man to play off of.
Malachi Constant
AG
The Freak announcement coming up after this break.
Hincemm
AG
Lame. Rayner a grandfather
Malachi Constant
AG
Rhyner to be a grandfather
GarlandAg2012
AG
Announcement on the Freak = Rhynes is gonna be a grandpa. Yawn.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Rhyner's daughter is pregnant…think that was a troll "major announcement" to get the ticket listeners in a tizzy.
Bones08
AG
I was hoping the announcement was going to be that they could talk about whatever they want at that station.
walton91
Quote:

Rhyner's daughter is pregnant…think that was a troll "major announcement" to get the ticket listeners in a tizzy.
Exactly. Mike said something along the lines of "for those of you tuning in for the first time" or "those who are not regular listeners"

Hey Freak...get your ass hung up on now you idiot!!
clobby
AG
I would imagine a non-compete was in their contract. Probably a podcast for a few months for the boys or expanded IJB.
powerbelly
AG
clobby said:

I would imagine a non-compete was in their contract. Probably a podcast for a few months for the boys or expanded IJB.

Yep.
Just Tired
no -compete wise probably couldn't have been announced anyway

trying to remember what was said when Dorsey changed stations in the same town. was off the air for 6 months I believe.
Goldie Wilson
walton91 said:

Quote:

Exactly. Mike said something along the lines of "for those of you tuning in for the first time" or "those who are not regular listeners"

But…it worked
t - cam
AG
Just Tired said:

no -compete wise probably couldn't have been announced anyway

trying to remember what was said when Dorsey changed stations in the same town. was off the air for 6 months I believe.

Ben and skin have gone through it a few times. They basically disappeared for a couple months.
Hincemm
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

walton91 said:

Quote:

But…it worked

Doubt it tbh. They just cried wolf and folks maybe hesitant to fall for it again
FincAg
AG
t - cam said:

Jake and Dan have resigned. Pretty much a done deal. Supposedly they may be pursuing podcasting. This isn't from a direct source but good friend makes almost all their local advertising spots. They are always up to date as they have to inform their advertising partners before it goes public.
FincAg
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Saw this on the Facebook

FincAg
AG
Just reposting so y'all don't have that urge to purge.
First Page Last Page
Page 483 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.