Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,361 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FincAg
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, Vivaldi.
walton91
Good pictures from the George opening the champagne

752bro4
AG
Was really hoping for a "uh Paul in uh Plano" drop during the silence after Norm's farewell.
Stive
AG
Gotta admit...that big moment of silence after he and Donnie said goodbye hit me in the feels a bit. Dude was a legend and provided a ton of laughs and smiles to me through the years (mostly via drops). It was definitely time but what a career.

Hats off Norman! Well done.
AgGrad99
AG
752bro4 said:

Was really hoping for a "uh Paul in uh Plano" drop during the silence after Norm's farewell.
Me too.

It's the end of an era...but it was needed a long time ago, so I dont really find myself too sad about it.

Wish there was a way to get Sirois back.
MW03
AG
There was nothing better than Norm making his big statement to the group before the last segment and the Dan interaction.

Norm: I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Monday.

[Silence]

Dan: Well, just pretend it's guys night out and you'll be fine.

[Laughter]

Norm: Oh Dan. You make a damned joke out of everything.

{FIN}
Stive
AG
Ok…I didn't get the "guys night out" joke. What was that implying? Or does he usually drink too much at GNO and not come in the next day?
txag2008
AG
It inferred that he just stays home and doesn't go to them.
dave94
AG
txag2008 said:

It inferred that he just stays home and doesn't go to them.

Yeah, he's known for almost never going to any GNOs
Spaceship
AG
Norm's final sign off today was perfect. He said goodbye, followed by some awkward clapping, a delayed applause drop and a long pause before commercial. Even in moments like that, their production is half assed.
thriller03
AG
This should have been the end. He had such love and fondness in his voice when he made the callback on Dan joking. It should've been it.
MW03
AG
George trying to explain the mermaid documentary while navigating pronouns with Gordo peppering him with corrections is peak Musers
AgGrad99
AG
So....have they mentioned anything about a new partner with Donnie?

I'm assuming Sean Bass is a temporary thing?
dave94
AG
TexAgs shoutout on WTDS. Who sent that in?
ftworthag02
AG
not me! I heard it
hoosier-daddy
too bad the asshats ran bob off texags
752bro4
AG
That UF baseball coach's wife/ex Kempspin
Ag CPA
AG
Who is taking over for Norm? I lost my P1 card years ago and I don't listen anymore but am interested in how this plays out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rocco Pendola. Things have come full circle
J.P. 03
AG
I'm pretty confident I've never uttered the words "y'all have to check out" and "Work in Progress segment" in the same sentence before, but if you enjoy complete and utter train wrecks, y'all have to check out the Work in Progress segment on yesterday's Top 10 titled "Don't be that person."

They go through a series of messages some dude sent a girl he's never met on Bumble, and it's so painfully awkward that it quickly becomes must-hear radio.
dave94
AG
Skip that and just read the Twitter thread

J.P. 03
AG
Yeah but then I'd have to sort through all the unabridged audio (the voice memos he sent her were the best part). It was bad enough in the 8 minutes they culled down. Can't imagine how much worse going through of those clips one at a time would be.
dave94
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Yeah but then I'd have to sort through all the unabridged audio (the voice memos he sent her were the best part). It was bad enough in the 8 minutes they culled down. Can't imagine how much worse going through of those clips one at a time would be.

Amazingly cringeworthy
double aught
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I'm pretty confident I've never uttered the words "y'all have to check out" and "Work in Progress segment" in the same sentence before, but if you enjoy complete and utter train wrecks, y'all have to check out the Work in Progress segment on yesterday's Top 10 titled "Don't be that person."

They go through a series of messages some dude sent a girl he's never met on Bumble, and it's so painfully awkward that it quickly becomes must-hear radio.
Thanks. That was delightfully awkward.
Trajan88
AG
Re: Rocco Pendola

Maybe ~25 years ago saw Pendola at a Ticket remote broadcasting from SMU's Moody Coliseum before a SMU vs Fresno St. basketball game.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/rocco-pendola-5087572
Legal Custodian
AG
5 day a week podcast? Damn, he's not retiring he's just done with the ticket.

Rudyjax
AG
Forced retirement?
DannyDuberstein
AG
The way he talked about is makes it sound like it was entirely his decision, but also a decision he could regret very quickly
Legal Custodian
AG
Rudyjax said:

Forced retirement?

No way they would force him out. I think he was just done talking sports 24/7 when his other interests were becoming more important to him as he got older.
powerbelly
AG
He could easily record 5 days worth in 2 hours one day a week. Way less work than 2 hours a day.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
dave94
AG
TL but I read and wish I hadn't. C'mon man
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
"Just Wondering" is so cringey at first but is so on brand for Norm.
Rudyjax
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

I could see him testplaying a completely new strategy in the podcasting area.
Podcasting is becoming more and more of a factor in everybody's world. Everybody's world.

What if Norm just starts living with a live mic 24/7. Just records every conversation he has. Musings and rantings in the car. Phone calls with 2-way audio. Showerthoughts. Mary at dinner. He then bribes his former interns (all too poor to say decline) to cull down all that audio, chop it up, sort it, group it, and label the heck out of it.

Then they start mass producing podcasts based on similar or compatible topic interests. Since it's Norm, it's likely that most of these things are going to overlap well anyway.

Once the editing team has 90 orso minutes for a cohesive episode, the only work Norm would have to do is simple 2-sentence voiceover transitions. Then the mixers just assemble the episode out of all of these spare parts, with the meat of the content simply being generated out of Norm's everyday life.

Voiceover: "On today's episode, we're talking about the link between personal recreation and baseball."

< Cue audio of him waxing philosophical from 3 weeks ago >

Voiceover: "Now we're going to bring on a guest, Mike Doocy, who shared a conversation with me [that's roughly topically relevant]".

< Play cut-down audio of the phone call from last week >

Voiceover: "Lastly, Mary and I are going to spend the weekend in St. Louis. Here are some things we talked about when planning our trip. If you're heading out to see the Rangers play the Cardinals, consider some of these for your spare time."

< Pulls out Mary dinner at Bob's Steak and Chophouse audio from 2 months ago >

Bam, done, Frankenstein episode. With as close to 0 actual work as possible.

With Norm's network of people he talks to all the time, with a short lead-up he could create weeks of podcasts and a sustainable model to keep plowing ahead.
That's a great idea an all, but the editing is the harder part. Not sure how affordable that is.
Spaceship
AG
Has The Ticket officially announced what's next for the 10-Noon time slot yet, or is this still "fill in" phase with Donnie?
First Page Last Page
Page 479 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.