Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,232 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by FincAg
RabbleRouser07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trouble is all the P1s are protective of the ticket and outsiders won't be welcomed. The anus is on management to walk that tightrope.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think you do what they did with Bob and Dan. Go get someone from another market.
ftworthag02
AG
Is Monty eating peanut butter while interviewing Dak?
Craigy
powerbelly said:

I fully expect the ticket to die once the musers hang it up.
When Gordon moves on..
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think you do what they did with Bob and Dan. Go get someone from another market.

does that exist anymore? Id think the podcast world lets you skip the small market part of a radio career, and if you're good enough to be poached you've probably already found out how to monetize
mavsfan4ever
AG
They need to bring in bench people quick so that they can learn and become part of the culture while everyone is still around. Otherwise, I agree the ticket will die once people start hanging it up.

But it's probably next to impossible for them to convince someone to come be on their bench bc they will see what happened to Sirois and others (and will be making peanuts). So I have no clue what they can do.
Chewy
AG
For those that missed it this morning.
powerbelly
AG
Norman "Zodiac" Hitzges
Legal Custodian
AG
Man, i actually feel bad for Monty. He needs to start losing weight, I bet anything that he could get SOTA for free thru the station

RabbleRouser07
AG
Also, they just pay terrible for Tier 3. Mino can't even get a suit that fits him. Has to borrow Dan's from 4 years ago.
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Man, i actually feel bad for Monty. He needs to start losing weight, I bet anything that he could get SOTA for free thru the station

Good lord. That's morbidly obese.
Spaceship
AG
RabbleRouser07 said:

Also, they just pay terrible for Tier 3. Mino can't even get a suit that fits him. Has to borrow Dan's from 4 years ago.

Mino said today on the HL that he has three suits. So…that's the best of the three I guess…
dave94
AG
Spaceship said:

RabbleRouser07 said:

Mino said today on the HL that he has three suits. So…that's the best of the three I guess…

Just get the pants rehemmed, sheesh!
Ol Sarge Friday
Ol Sarge Friday
dave94 said:

Spaceship said:

RabbleRouser07 said:

Yeah. I mean c'mon... what is that? a hair tie?
Hincemm
AG
George's fake norm
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ol Sarge Friday said:

dave94 said:

Spaceship said:

RabbleRouser07 said:

Yeah. I mean c'mon... what is that? a hair tie?

Lolol this took me a while to realize what you were talking about. But this got me.
Ol Sarge Friday
"Does retire mean go across the street and start a spite station?"
ftworthag02
AG
Dale's comment about some of the people at Austin street shelter were the ones that were using Norms picks of the poll...
Chewy
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Dale's comment about some of the people at Austin street shelter were the ones that were using Norms picks of the poll...
That was AWESOME. No doubt the best moment.

The whole thing was awesome though. They knew Dale was going to plug his party but the interaction with Norm was minuscule and awkward. Just how it should it have been.

Dale being all about Dale, The Musers feeding off Dale, and Norm not knowing how to interject and when he finally does it's about an obscure second string Cowboys punter in the 80s reading the Koran during practice.

It was perfectly beautiful.
MW03
AG
I know folks have been calling for Norm to hang it up for a while, but I find myself sad this morning listening to the Musers say goodbye.
ftworthag02
AG
I'm sad. Been listening to him since about '03
Goldie Wilson
MW03 said:

I know folks have been calling for Norm to hang it up for a while, but I find myself sad this morning listening to the Musers say goodbye.
Same here. Grew up listening to him when my dad would drive me to middle school.
MW03
AG
I connect Norm's voice with carpool, too. When I hear him, it not hard to remember sitting in my father's Datsun 280z on the way to elementary school 30+ years ago. That's been one of my favorite memories of my dad. I had the chance once upon a time to tell Norm "thank you" for those memories and he couldn't have been more kind and appreciative.
Nagler
AG
I never listened to Norm these days but it makes me sad because it's a piece of my "childhood" going away. Same with Rhyner. When he left I hardly ever listened to the Hardline but it was nice knowing the Old Gray Wolf was there.

Just another piece of the Old Ticket going away.
powerbelly
AG
MW03 said:

It's always sad when a legend walks away, even if they are past their prime.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I think it is well past time for a new host on there, but have huge respect for Norm and his career. My first memories of Norm are of when he did Ranger games on HSE when I was a kid in the 80s. So definitely sort of sentimental about him retiring. It is also clear this was his life and can't be easy to walk away from
J.P. 03
AG
That was pretty cool when Norm singled out Gordon for a sincere, special goodbye during his Musers segment.
Goldie Wilson
One last time for the Major Lazer intro
Ervin Burrell
AG
MW03 said:

"MW03...

MW03...

...does it hurt?"
Stive
AG
Pretty cool chat with Jerry. Jerry admitted to getting emotional at the end.
FTAco07
AG
I have some friend's that were in Capri and saw the Bravo Eugenia there and saw Jerry at dinner one night. I loved that he casually dropped being on the Amalfi Coast during the interview.
Mozart Paintings
AG
This is a great listen. Agree with what was said.... we have wanted him to retire for awhile. But now that he is, have to absolutely respect the legend that he is and what he did for sports radio
double aught
AG
Must be nice
FTAco07
AG
Yeah, I was there the week prior and it was pretty nice
First Page Last Page
Page 478 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.