Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,068 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by mavsfan4ever
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chewy said:

I thought he was just out today and not all week.

Fully agree if Gordo is out all week just do Norm highlights at 8:40.

No clue how long he's out…I was mainly referring to today. But in the dead time of summer, some norm highlights during his last week wouldn't be the worst use of 8:40 time. Sometimes they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
J.P. 03
AG
Somebody was not impressed by the crowd the Timewasters drew at Summer Bash:

Stive
powerbelly
AG
Seems to be more than the daily listeners of the freak.
dave94
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rhynes is such a dbag now and unfortunately Sirois went scorched earth and tied himself to that sinking has-been vs. starting a long career of hosting a Ticket show on Monday
DannyDuberstein
AG
Speaking of "that's it?", how about The Freak's monthly ratings this year. Now tied for 29th. Nice trajectory, Rhynes.

tk for tu juan
That's what The Village country club looks like now? Big improvement from when last lived there in '09
Ol Jock 99
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Rhynes is such a dbag now and unfortunately Sirois went scorched earth and tied himself to that sinking has-been vs. starting a long career of hosting a Ticket show on Monday
If only anyone could have called it...
PatAg
AG
We all agreed Mike was being screwed over, I wonder if Norm had given the station some indication he was going to stick around longer than he did.

That or someone got in his ear about how he deserves his own show, and got his ego riled up enough to bail.
Spaceship
AG
Sirios HAD to know Norm's days were numbered. Why not communicate and wait a bit longer to have your dream job?

Now we can only hope for a LIV/PGA type reunion for Sirois and the Ticket so that America can finally heal.
Golf Ag
AG
Looks like Rhyner deleted the tweet
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the dark cloud Danny leaving is the one who really stirred it up. Have seen it many times in the working world where people leave in small waves. One goes, another says "maybe i should do that too". I think Danny's move swept up Sirois and She/Her Jerr. Now they were all getting paid peanuts, but none of them quit with something good lined up.
752bro4
AG
RIP Big Strong They're
beagle2009
AG
752bro4 said:

RIP Big Strong They're

Something happen to Jere?
DannyDuberstein
AG
beagle2009 said:

752bro4 said:

RIP Big Strong They're

Transitioned to Jill

beagle2009
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

beagle2009 said:

752bro4 said:

RIP Big Strong They're

Transitioned to Jill

Yeah I had seen that before. Was just curious about what prompted the "RIP"?
NukeAg10
AG
Wtf?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cause Jere aint Jere no mo
East Dallas Ag
AG
Brian Demarias is a slightly higher functioning Killer.
MW03
AG
I'll take the Mavs Roundtable over the Cowboys Roundtable 10/10 times.
double aught
AG
Norm and the Goose at 8:40
Hincemm
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

re sirois; f you were paid 45k/year with no discernable time frame to get a host gig, then you might do the same..

i'm not saying he should have gone scorched earth but this is moreso on cat and norm
Hincemm
AG
double aught said:

Norm and the Goose at 8:40
"don't know how to say good buy"
MavsAg
AG
100% This was completely on Cat for not being able to see more than two feet in front of his face. Or if he was, he certainly didn't do anything about it. Outside of Sirous the Ticket's bench was very weak. He was the obvious choice to slide into Norm's seat and he let him walk before Sirous even knew the Freak was a thing (at least to my knowledge). Haven't seen management that bad since Sumlin lost two 5 star QBs in a single off-season.
powerbelly
AG
MavsAg said:

100% This was completely on Cat for not being able to see more than two feet in front of his face. Or if he was, he certainly didn't do anything about it. Outside of Sirous the Ticket's bench was very weak. He was the obvious choice to slide into Norm's seat and he let him walk before Sirous even knew the Freak was a thing (at least to my knowledge). Haven't seen management that bad since Sumlin lost two 5 star QBs in a single off-season.

Sirous definitely knew the freak was coming imo. It's why he left after so many years of waiting
bthotugigem05
AG
iHeart is in a much better financial place than Cumulus. I would imagine that letting tier 1 talent walk was not accidental, The Ticket already had a Yankees payroll and Cat was probably told he had an A's budget to keep them once people started leaving.
Spaceship
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

iHeart is in a much better financial place than Cumulus. I would imagine that letting tier 1 talent walk was not accidental, The Ticket already had a Yankees payroll and Cat was probably told he had an A's budget to keep them once people started leaving.

Well unfortunately they will have a 19-56 record like the A's currently have soon too.
Ol Sarge Friday
Spaceship said:

Sirios HAD to know Norm's days were numbered. Why not communicate and wait a bit longer to have your dream job?

Now we can only hope for a LIV/PGA type reunion for Sirois and the Ticket so that America can finally heal.

Two main factors
* Sirios said at the time maybe on Gordon's twitch that he just wasn't able to tread water financially any longer.
* Common thought was Norm would hang on for the 50 year milestone which would have been two more years in addition to the one it has been.
powerbelly
AG
iHeart has money but I don't see them putting up with the freak's ratings much longer. They aren't a charity.
double aught
AG
Spaceship said:

bthotugigem05 said:

Well unfortunately they will have a 19-56 record like the A's currently have soon too.
I doubt that. 10-noon isn't the prime time slot. Even if they go cheap on it, the station will probably still be fine. It's not like most of us here are huge Norm fans anyway.
Rudyjax
AG
If the ticket were smart, they'd hire outside talent to go with Bob and move Corby to yuk Monkey and move Davey to noon with Donovan.
East Dallas Ag
AG
The Ticket has an age problem and is way too weighted in the 50+ host demo. Save for Jake, maybe Davey if he lasts and maybe Donny all of the on air talent will be retired or moved on within the next 8-10 years, maybe sooner (and probably for the Musers, don't see them dragging things out 8-10 more years). Hard to see how the station perpetuates as the replacements just won't have the chemistry of the current lineups.
powerbelly
AG
I fully expect the ticket to die once the musers hang it up.
Spaceship
AG
double aught said:

Spaceship said:

bthotugigem05 said:

I doubt that. 10-noon isn't the prime time slot. Even if they go cheap on it, the station will probably still be fine. It's not like most of us here are huge Norm fans anyway.

It isn't just that time slot. Others will start to retire soon and they are on the precipice (if that's even a word) of a major decline if they don't pay talent to come in or to delay retirement.
First Page Last Page
Page 477 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.