Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,239,131 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by mavsfan4ever
Mozart Paintings
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach Tom Foolery reference today
zag213004
AG
Surprised his daughter didn't cancel him for "gay/not gay"
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Junior read the letters from listeners, where he agreed that it would be a good idea, to show kids videos of dummies being shot with a gun. The reasoning being that the crash test dummies showed us what happens if we dont use our seat belts, maybe it would help with gun violence if we did the same for it.

Yes...I'm sure that will stop the bad guys from using guns in illegal ways. The issue isnt people forgetting to put on the safety. It's bad people doing bad things.

Junior is an effeminate moron.

Quote:

Back in the day, I dont remember them every getting political. That's what we all liked about it. It was just fun. But I guess the world has shifted and some of the personalities with it.

There was a massive shift somewhere during covid. It's also when I stopped listening and switched to podcasts/music at all times unless I catch info on a segment from this thread.
Legal Custodian
AG
I feel like it happened during 2015/16 during the Trump/Hillary election. I remember there was a lot of discussion making fun of Trump during Muse in the News and there were apparently enough P1s who complained feeling they were unfairly targeting Trump/Republicans and they almost immediately stopped.

Anytime someone would even mention Trump or the election the board op would hit the warning siren.
beagle2009
AG
This is when I remember the tide turning, as well.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Yes, I remember people on here wanting Muse to drop Trump from News in the mornings because it was a daily read through on at least one story.

I am sure it has been "political" longer than most remember.
Macarthur
All of this complaining yet they just posted their third month in a row of 'best month ever'.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
lol you act like you get a bonus based on their ratings.

It's ok for people to have their own opinions about a bunch of dorky dudes that talk on the radio for a living. You'll be ok.
Macarthur
Isn't it amazing how this gets turned on me?
Hincemm
AG
let's get this s back on the rails.
Bunbury
AG
In their defense I think the Musers generally are mirroring the larger climate rather than creating one of their own. The US media has become swallowed up by politicization of everything, so it's harder for them to avoid than in the pre-social media days.
zag213004
AG
I feel out of the 3 gordo is most neutral by either being counterpoint to the other two or poking fun of both sides.
MW03
AG
You can draw a straight line from pre-fracking George to post-trump George.
DallasAggie89
AG
Junior went from the guy that asked Gordo "what were their underlying conditions" anytime Gordo talked about a person that died from the flu to the biggest Branch Covidian out there.
AgGrad99
AG
Macarthur said:

All of this complaining yet they just posted their third month in a row of 'best month ever'.
I still love The Ticket, and have it on all day in my office.

That doesn't mean a couple of the hosts don't wear me out.

Spaceship
AG
I listen to The Ticket to hear entertaining talk about sports and current events, while simultaneously understanding all people have different opinions and experiences. As such, I ignore those opinions I disagree with and don't get emotionally tied to any particular subject.
hoosier-daddy
Tuned into the freak last night on the way to the stars game & grubes was firing a bunch of Doyle King drops. Would like to hear the full segment w him.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Same here. I have it on from 7-10, outside of 7:40 when Craig does one of his bits that isn't Scattershooting, then back on from 12-5.

Love Donnie but Norm is such a beating
Ervin Burrell
AG
Spaceship said:

I listen to The Ticket to hear entertaining talk about sports and current events, while simultaneously understanding all people have different opinions and experiences. As such, I ignore those opinions I disagree with and don't get emotionally tied to any particular subject.

This is also called being an adult.
AgGrad99
AG
Spaceship said:

Agreed.

But I don't think discussing the content from the Ticket, on a thread about the Ticket is getting emotionally tied to anything.

Hincemm
AG
Spaceship said:

Do you like space? Are you sg?
Beast of Burden
AgGrad99 said:

Spaceship said:

Agreed.

But I don't think discussing the content from the Ticket, on a thread about the Ticket is getting emotionally tied to anything.

Apparently you're not an adult if you have opinions that aren't 100% positive regarding the little ticket.
rhutton125
AG
I still like Junior
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Flagged for Trolling
Ervin Burrell
AG
Beast of Burden said:

AgGrad99 said:

Spaceship said:

Agreed.

Apparently you're not an adult if you have opinions that aren't 100% positive regarding the little ticket.
Not what I said at all.
double aught
AG
rhutton125 said:

I still like Junior
Same. Everyone here bagging on Junior, meanwhile George gives us a segment on a Jason Isbell documentary.
The Pilot
AG
double aught said:

rhutton125 said:

I still like Junior
Same. Everyone here bagging on Junior, meanwhile George gives us a segment on a Jason Isbell documentary.

I enjoyed the Isbell segment.
WC87
AG
The Pilot said:

double aught said:

rhutton125 said:

I still like Junior

I enjoyed the Isbell segment.
I was half listening and thought that was a Jub intervention or something for about 10 seconds
Jeff99
Ervin Burrell said:

Spaceship said:

I generally agree with this, but I still think it's fair game to appreciate how silly it sometimes seems that these guys feel qualified to give advice.

I was listening to The Freak last week to catch Danny talking about how he went to a dentist for the first time in decades to get his teeth looked at and how feels like it was a good decision and he'll feel so much better afterwards. Uhm...you haven't been to a dentist in decades? And...you're looking down your nose at all the "rednecks" who disagree with you?

Or then there's Junior who had to be told "What she wants matters, too" when it came to deciding whether to have a baby with his wife.

When you're this childish and flawed, I don't get how you can be so patronizing to others.
Macarthur
Jeff99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Spaceship said:

I generally agree with this, but I still think it's fair game to appreciate how silly it sometimes seems that these guys feel qualified to give advice.

I was listening to The Freak last week to catch Danny talking about how he went to a dentist for the first time in decades to get his teeth looked at and how feels like it was a good decision and he'll feel so much better afterwards. Uhm...you haven't been to a dentist in decades? And...you're looking down your nose at all the "rednecks" who disagree with you?

Or then there's Junior who had to be told "What she wants matters, too" when it came to deciding whether to have a baby with his wife.

When you're this childish and flawed, I don't get how you can be so patronizing to others.

I don't remember this or the context but something tells me you are maybe providing a bit of a slant here.

And can you be a bit more specific about what you think they are being patronizing about? I mean, is it possible you are being a bit too sensitive or taking something personal that wasn't intended?
Hincemm
AG
Everyone enjoying Corby, Mino, and Dave?

Yeah. Me neither
Jeff99
First, I'm pretty moderate politically. I've seen your posts on the board and probably agree with you more than I disagree.

Having said that, I hate this attitude where anytime a Ticket personality encounters a disagreeable political position it's straight to the "redneck slackjawed yokel" accent as a lazy ad hominem. It's possible to disagree with someone without resorting to caricatures. (By the way, I also hate it when Cons overuse the term "woke.")

With regards to Craig, he told the story of giving in to his wife's desire to have a child a couple of years ago. He cited two influences that convinced him to acquiesce. One influence was a scene from the show "Billions." The other was a conversation with a friend who told him "You know, Craig...what she wants matters, too." And hearing that bit of insight was a perspective-alterint experience for Craig. Regardless, I'm thrilled he had a kiddo because he seems to be a happy and doting dad.

Hey, it's their platform. They can say what they want, but I'm entitled to roll my eyes at how out of their depth they are on political or economic topics. Heck, I think Bob is incredibly well-read and thoughtful but I could only wince when he talked about human rights issues in Qatar and China.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Grayyyyg
bthotugigem05
AG
Was I the only one heaving during Fake Norm and Fake Goose today? Gordo broke everyone, some quality Jub Wheeze too.
Chewy
AG
It was top notch work like always. I'm glad it's only once a year as when it happens it's something to savor.

I would love a live cam on Goose and Norm to see their reaction. I'm sure Norm would have zero reaction or fake a "Ah that's wonderful lad". Goose would think it's all foolishness and wildly inaccurate.

It may be the greatest 8:40 bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 467 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.