Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,239,374 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by mavsfan4ever
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Couple of comments from this morning's Musers:

Apparently Romo and Witten sat in first class while the rest of the team flew in coach? That is an all time tone deaf move from an alleged leader. First class is awesome, but no way would I agree with that if I were the QB.

Junes and Jub scoffed at the idea of changing your own car battery. I'm no grease monkey or home improvement guru, but that seemed silly to me.
bthotugigem05
AG
That's normal, even on some of our team's flights.
752bro4
AG
Jerry the owner should fire Jerry the travel agent
double aught
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

That's normal, even on some of our team's flights.
Maybe. But I think the point still stands. Poor leadership.
J.P. 03
AG
Based on today's 8:40 bit, sounds like Gordo and I must have worked at some of the same places over the years. Incredible.
Ervin Burrell
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Based on today's 8:40 bit, sounds like Gordo and I must have worked at some of the same places over the years. Incredible.
Best 8:40 bit in a while. Sounded like a George Carlin bit.
RabbleRouser07
AG
All I heard, while the "seminar" was on, was the Star Wars power down sound effect.
Legal Custodian
AG
Them talking about which animals have hands during the Corner was peak Marconi radio
ftworthag02
AG
That was amazing. I've never had the pleasure of being in a meeting like that since I'm self employed. Can't imagine.
Gomer95
AG
I didn't like the webinar bit but the Animal hands talk was so funny and great lol.
C1NRB
AG
I happened to miss the Savanah Bananas on at 6:50 am.
Any one of you happened to get it?
bert harbinson
AG
Woke up to hear Eli and DJ.
And then depression set in.
DallasAggie89
AG
DJ is the worst. Low energy.
bthotugigem05
AG
That kombucha commercial is even worse than junk for joy
DannyDuberstein
AG
Eli sucks so bad that they finally killed his Saturday AM show (Country Force) and just added him as a 3rd cog to the TeeBox. That said, the TeeBox has been the only weekend show I enjoy (since the loss of Cirque), but now that Eli is on it, it sucks more.
double aught
AG
bert harbinson said:

Woke up to hear Eli and DJ.
And then depression set in.
Looks like it's for the week.
ac04
these guys make monty sound like howard stern.
tk for tu juan

Ag CPA
AG
GarlandAg2012
AG
Is George broadcasting with a clothespin on his nose this morning? It's unlistenable for me.
bert harbinson
AG
Allergies?

That Corgi racing thing is further proof that George is an easily amused simpleton.
tk for tu juan
I'm with Donovan, what's wrong with using an iPad to listen to music on a plane? It has more battery capacity and is easier to use if you want to use other apps while listening
double aught
AG
Absolutely. Weird take by the other guys. They just wanted to dog pile Donny.
beagle2009
AG
Did anyone catch the Muser's discussion on the Michael Irvin allegations and the footage that was released by Marriott? Typical virtue signaling by Junior (and Jub in this case) which they were ready to convict him as guilty. Gordon tried very carefully debating whether the video inconclusively confirms the victims allegations, which I feel like anyone with a brain can deduce it does not.

I've seen the video and in reality would not be surprised at all if what the Marriott employee said Irvin did/said was true, but I don't see how in the world anyone could say without reasonable doubt that is what happened based on the video footage alone without the accompanying audio. Right or wrong, I just don't see how you can effectively end someone's career on what boils down to a he-said, she-said. And that is still true even after taking Irvin's track record into account.

Maybe more importantly… will we still get the school closures at the end of all this??
Macarthur
Yeah, I heard it and they did get a bit over their ski's and Gordo did bring them back.

I will say this in their defense. You can't just dismiss Irvin's history in this. And if I were to guess, I bet they know information about Irvin from years of being in their position that the general public doesn't know.

I also think you saying something to the effect of 'ruining someone's career' is a bit hyperbolic. In Irvin's case, he has had several '2nd chances'. Michael has done a pretty good job of trying to torpedo his own career without anyone else's help.
beagle2009
AG
So his checkered past should compensate for the lack of indisputable evidence in this most recent allegation? Not sure I agree with that. In fact I'm pretty sure he was accused of the same thing years ago and it ended up coming out that the woman at that time fabricated the story and she ended up going to jail. Not sure if it's fair to say all of the other drug related issues should be taken into consideration here.

And I get your point about his personal actions have impacted his career trajectory. I was mainly speaking in-principle and not necessarily exclusively to Irvin.

I'm definitely not trying to defend the guy, I'm just saying objectively I have a hard time convicting someone of sexual assault without irrefutable supporting evidence, in which this case I don't think the video alone checks that box.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The issue I have with that video is that she targeted Irvin and left her workspace to do it, and you can see a manager/asst manager is upset that she did it. Whatever words were exchanged, I don't think she was Little Red Riding Hood [/Norm voice]. Nearby witnesses can't confirm that Irvin said anything out of line and him walking away saying "she bad" also seems like she went at him with some sort of flirty purpose, which I wouldn't be surprised if he went along with.

I almost wonder if she didn't make up a story to get out of trouble. She's potentially in trouble for the interaction, whitewashes her part in it and embellishes his. Suddenly instead of in trouble you are a victim
Macarthur
beagle2009 said:

So his checkered past should compensate for the lack of indisputable evidence in this most recent allegation? Not sure I agree with that. In fact I'm pretty sure he was accused of the same thing years ago and it ended up coming out that the woman at that time fabricated the story and she ended up going to jail. Not sure if it's fair to say all of the other drug related issues should be taken into consideration here.

And I get your point about his personal actions have impacted his career trajectory. I was mainly speaking in-principle and not necessarily exclusively to Irvin.

I'm definitely not trying to defend the guy, I'm just saying objectively I have a hard time convicting someone of sexual assault without irrefutable supporting evidence, in which this case I don't think the video alone checks that box.

I wouldn't go that far. And I didn't get that was what they were saying. All they said was that based on the video, they find her story believable.

I think we need to make sure and seperate our opinions versus what happens legally. Clearly, the legal standards should be much higher than just folks discussing on a board.

I will also add that it might be telling that Irvin withdrew his suit. They do say they plan to refile, but that will be interesting to follow.
beagle2009
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The issue I have with that video is that she targeted Irvin and left her workspace to do it, and you can see a manager/asst manager is upset that she did it. Whatever words were exchanged, I don't think she was Little Red Riding Hood [/Norm voice]. Nearby witnesses can't confirm that Irvin said anything out of line and him walking away saying "she bad" also seems like she went at him with some sort of flirty purpose, which I wouldn't be surprised if he went along with.

I almost wonder if she didn't make up a story to get out of trouble. She's potentially in trouble for the interaction, whitewashes her part in it and embellishes his. Suddenly instead of in trouble you are a victim

Yet Junior described Irvin in the video as "predatory". They clearly only saw what they wanted to see and cherry picked the parts of the video that seemingly lined up with the employees account.
Macarthur
Yeah, that was def premature for Junior to say based on what we know now.
Beast of Burden
No doubt Junior has one of those vageen protest hats in his closet.

What a dork.
Nagler
AG
beagle2009 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yet Junior described Irvin in the video as "predatory". They clearly only saw what they wanted to see and cherry picked the parts of the video that seemingly lined up with the employees account.

Clearly my definition of "predatory" and Junior's do not line up.
The Pilot
AG
Cobra with the ebrake.
rhutton125
AG
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Marriott just kick him out of the hotel, based presumably on her account, the video footage and the testimony of the two nearby coworkers?

I guess I'm curious who is to blame for "ruining his career" - the hotel who kicked him out based on the imperfect evidence they had, or the network that actually fired him based on someone else's investigation.
MW03
AG
My question is how did the NFL come to learn about what happened? Did Irvin call the NFL to complain after he was kicked out? Did Marriott call the NFL because he was there under an NFL account?
First Page Last Page
Page 463 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.