Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,240,983 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by mavsfan4ever
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

If they tie, they should both take the ride because they will both finish last.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I want it to be Corby because I think out of the whole crew, he may be most off-put by it.
tk for tu juan
10 pt game in Philly
tk for tu juan
Philly kicked FG to go up 13, Giants drive and score a TD to get it down to 6 pts. Looks like a tie is coming for last place in PWF
bthotugigem05
AG
Corby is good with the random interviews at remotes. Not Gordon-level good but still plenty good, he'll make it entertaining.
FTAco07
AG
They threw out a tie breaker on the last PWF. Winner, Jub, gets to pick 5 random games from any sport/league and the tier losers have to pick those.

Dan would have been entertaining on the bus, but I feel relieved for him given his genuine fear of it. Corby needs the life humbling and Bob, who is my leader, could use a small dose humbling for his sports handicapping/scouting abilities.
752bro4
AG
Obviously
DannyDuberstein
AG
I feel like Senor Bob is the worst one. Least likely to do/record good bits on the trip. And he's spent extensive time in Honduras which is a little like a southwestern US Greyhound trip. It will suck for Corby but he's also likely to do solid bits interacting with passengers; win-win for the listener.
FTAco07
AG
Agree on Bob, I bet he's taken a few sketchy bud rides over the years and knowing some level of Spanish may take some of the fun out. Really need Corby to lose this one.
hoosier-daddy
Corby and Bob will both ride the bus. Dan would have pushed for tie breaker but new HL will go down together.
FTAco07
AG
That's a horrible payoff for the P1. It's infinitely less awful to ride it with a friend than to ride solo. I demand a tie breaker!
Goldie Wilson
hoosier-daddy said:

Corby and Bob will both ride the bus. Dan would have pushed for tie breaker but new HL will go down together.
Is this based on anything? Thought they were doing the Jub tiebreaker
Moe Jzyslak
AG
I thought they said on PWF last week that Jub is choosing 5 games that will be the tiebreaker. Doesn't even have to be Football or anything. I feel like someone threw out Cricket and low league Mexican Soccer as a possibility
FTAco07
AG
Confirmed there will be no tie, and also confirmed Jub is boring. Jub's call was to pick all the first round playoff games so it's another standard week of PWF. Definitely better than a tie, but would have loved some juice on mid-major college basketball, hockey, and premier league, with just a dash of NFL playoffs.
dave94
AG
FTAco07 said:

Confirmed there will be no tie, and also confirmed Jub is boring. Jub's call was to pick all the first round playoff games so it's another standard week of PWF. Definitely better than a tie, but would have loved some juice on mid-major college basketball, hockey, and premier league, with just a dash of NFL playoffs.
I'm torn between having them choose in a bubble or having them try to fade each other.
Ervin Burrell
AG
FTAco07 said:

The good thing about Jub's proposed approach is it extends Corby and Bob's agony another week.
TriAg2010
AG
Corby looks the most like a Greyhound bus passenger these days.
CampingAg
AG
Corby's teams getting railroaded in the playoffs. A tradition unlike any other.
hoosier-daddy
CampingAg said:

Corby's teams getting railroaded in the playoffs. A tradition unlike any other.

I'd take that…
CampingAg
AG
Oh I'd love to make the playoffs. But getting your pants pulled down each time has to get old.
dave94
AG
He wasn't even a TCU fan until a month ago! Lol
'03ag
dave94 said:

dave94
AG
'03ag said:

dave94 said:

Yes he "went to TCU, etc, etc." But it was only when OU sheet the bed and then the frogs kept winning that he started saying "This is a good TCU team"

Lol
tk for tu juan
Is Court Boat in the top 5 of Ticket songs?
ftworthag02
AG
He didn't graduate from tcu or ou correct?
bert harbinson
AG
ftworthag02 said:

He didn't graduate from tcu or ou correct?

No, but he went to TCU, and he's been around hot women for the last 20 years really.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Is Court Boat in the top 5 of Ticket songs?
Big Strong Jer was the singer. I wonder if it would sound differently now if Big Strong Jillian sang it?

CampingAg
AG
This is easy. Just make one ride the bus there, and one ride the bus back.
dave94
AG
CampingAg said:

This is easy. Just make one ride the bus there, and one ride the bus back.
OMG they should have done this.
beagle2009
AG
Station announcement today on the HL @ 5:50pm. Any guesses? Ticketstock maybe?
Goldie Wilson
beagle2009 said:

Station announcement today on the HL @ 5:50pm. Any guesses? Ticketstock maybe?
Announcement that Corby doodoo'd at the national championship game
AgGrad99
AG
Hearing the Musers discuss A&M football is annoying.

They go down the list of our coaches, and mention everything they've ever been accused of. Jub called our staff 'icky' and Junior agreed. 'A janitor said Adazzio used a slur 20 years ago', 'A player died when Durkin was coach' 'Petrino had an affair'

You could do this for almost any program. Look at texas...their coach was fired for showing up to games drunk. They have a coach who dumped his family for a stripper (whose monkey attacked a kid), their OL coach who was fired for his player's felony misconducts, etc..

But have they taken a segment to go through texas' staff like they did ours?

And again, they hammer Jimbo's contract. Ignoring that there are other coaches getting paid more. Junior even said 'Jimbo gets more money than anyone not named Saban'. I just looked it up, and Jimbo is 10th for current coaches, and likely to fall back further this upcoming offseason when new hires are made. Everyone's getting guaranteed contracts these days, but they criticize A&M for that.

Have we been disappointing? Heck yeah, and there is plenty of fair criticism to go around. But we definitely will not get the benefit of the doubt with guys like them. And, being in the same conference with the horns and OU again...it'll only get worse, just like it was before. I've enjoyed being 'away' from them...wish it'd lasted longer.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Jub was at least giving us the benefit of the doubt. He understood there were injuries, and said it was ridiculous for people to expect the 2022 class to contribute right away.

What bugged me was Craig being silent during that, but quick to pile on when going through the negatives. But I might just be making more out of it since Craig is just barely above Norm in my rankings.
Macarthur
Agree. It was a frustrating segment. I will say though, if Jimbo starts winning, most of this crap will go away.
Macarthur
Not to mention the fact that the genesis oif the segment was a stat that was shown to be false.
First Page Last Page
Page 451 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.