Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,201 Views | 19953 Replies | Last: 54 sec ago by gabehcoud
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
haha
The Pilot
AG
Blake is helping Dwaine Caraway produce a podcast.
CampingAg
AG
Good grief. I didn't really know what time it was and I thought Junior saying "I thought we would take a look at women and how they've progressed in mens pro sports in this country" was the intro to an 8:40 bit. Which character is it that breaks into the studio after Junior introduces some lame topic?
Moe Jzyslak
AG
I was 100% expecting a Chris Chris bit.

Junior has been insufferable today. Giddy that the election deniers lost, and now talking about how sports need to be more progressive.
tejas_ayanem
ScapeGOAT said:

Junior has been insufferable today. Giddy that the election deniers lost, and now talking about how sports need to be more progressive.
Put me in the camp that is happy those election deniers lost too.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Oh I don't give a crap about the results, I just hate that it seems like Junior feels the need to constantly voice his political views on a sports talk station.

But maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion because Junior is just one tiny step above Norm in my rankings.
hoosier-daddy
It's not a sports talk station. Might i suggest 105.3 on your fm dial.
AgGrad99
AG
Im not an election denier, and I think that term is similar to many terms these days (on both sides). It's just a condescending way to shame those who you might disagree with. It's lazy.

I am the opposite of what Jr described. I've started to question the results more and more, not less and less, and from what I've seen, Im not alone in that. There's been more and more evidence, showing extreme anomalies in very specific locations, and outright incompetence in others. 95% of the anomalies tend to go one way in these locations. It's also indescribably silly to tag one group with this moniker, when there are countless examples of their opposition making similar claims.

Did it change the election(s)? I dont know. But calling people names, instead of actually looking at the big picture is very ignorant in my opinion. It's ok to discuss what's happened, look at odd statistics, the anomalies which make no mathematical sense, and ask questions about why we see these things the past few years (and why they seem to happen in very particular locales).

It affects us all....if not now, in future elections. At some point, the shoe will be on the other foot. It's the type of auditing every single company performs, as a means of improvement, that our politicians and their parrots seemingly shame people for when it comes to voting. So when Jr has a chuckle, and seems giddy making these claims, all I can do is shake my head at his uninformed and lazy take.

-rant over-
powerbelly
AG
If we had a government that was remotely interested in fair elections we would be asking a lot of questions about how some states/cities/counties always seem to have election day shenanigans.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'm a CPA and spent the first 5 years of my career as a public accounting as an auditor before moving on. I just know I've seen enough bs that I would not put my name on the results coming out of many portions of the country. I'm not a denier. I am a "I don't know either way because your process and controls suck". And no one else can either because this process is ****ed.
Hincemm
AG
did we call it 'deniers' in 2000 in florida?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

ScapeGOAT said:

eLeCtIoN dEnIeRs??!!!???
MW03
AG
Is there a quick-reference list of "denier" monikers out there so I can make sure I'm using the right vernacular?
Bones08
AG
MW03 said:

Is there a quick-reference list of "denier" monikers out there so I can make sure I'm using the right vernacular?
Election "just saying"-ers
Chewy
AG
LBJ and Box 13 would like a word with each of you.

It sucks we can't have honest/foolproof elections but it's all part of the grift known as politics. There's a few decent people in politics but history shows for the most part it's all a machine no one really wants to fix.

For those that aren't aware of LBJ and Box 13 here's a pretty decent read on it.

https://www.eiu.edu/historia/matteson.pdf
Bunbury
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Im not an election denier, and I think that term is similar to many terms these days (on both sides). It's just a condescending way to shame those who you might disagree with. It's lazy.

I am the opposite of what Jr described. I've started to question the results more and more, not less and less, and from what I've seen, Im not alone in that. There's been more and more evidence, showing extreme anomalies in very specific locations, and outright incompetence in others. 95% of the anomalies tend to go one way in these locations. It's also indescribably silly to tag one group with this moniker, when there are countless examples of their opposition making similar claims.

Did it change the election(s)? I dont know. But calling people names, instead of actually looking at the big picture is very ignorant in my opinion. It's ok to discuss what's happened, look at odd statistics, the anomalies which make no mathematical sense, and ask questions about why we see these things the past few years (and why they seem to happen in very particular locales).

It affects us all....if not now, in future elections. At some point, the shoe will be on the other foot. It's the type of auditing every single company performs, as a means of improvement, that our politicians and their parrots seemingly shame people for when it comes to voting. So when Jr has a chuckle, and seems giddy making these claims, all I can do is shake my head at his uninformed and lazy take.

-rant over-

Can you site this evidence?
AgGrad99
AG
no.

not gonna derail the thread any further. It's really really easy to find if you care to look for it.
bthotugigem05
AG
BRINGING IT BACK TO SPORTS
ftworthag02
AG
turn on ch. 4
Spaceship
AG
Not surprisingly, Craig favors college student loan debt forgiveness. Further evidence he lives in a fantasy world.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Spaceship said:

Not surprisingly, Craig favors college student loan debt forgiveness. Further evidence he lives in a fantasy world.

That would really help the inflation we're enjoying. I'm glad the UNT grad on the radio is such an accomplished economist.
Hincemm
AG
Spaceship said:

beat me to it...and yes, par for the course for him.

with most of the others, save corby, i feel like they might not ride a single side of the fence (and you know, apply some critical thinking). anyone with half a brain can easily surmise where junes stands on any political/economic/etc issue.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Junes is the worst kind of ignorant - the kind that thinks he isn't and instead has all the answers that everyone should be following

And why they go near some of these political topics is beyond me. Bad for business
MW03
AG
Good lord. I flipped on the app and rewinded to catch the segment, and you *******s walked me right into a pigskin panel, followed by a generic mccarthy 8:40, and now soccer talk.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Junes is the worst kind of ignorant - the kind that thinks he isn't and instead has all the answers that everyone should be following

And why they go near some of these political topics is beyond me. Bad for business

Junes is proudly and condescendingly ignorant. It's laughable. He's an absolute mental midget which makes his arrogance almost as funny as it is ridiculous.
Hincemm
AG
MW03 said:

Good lord. I flipped on the app and rewinded to catch the segment, and you *******s walked me right into a pigskin panel, followed by a generic mccarthy 8:40, and now soccer talk.

mccarthy isn't that bad...relatively speaking. they do need to cut that back a little though.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

ScapeGOAT said:

To make this statement in November of 2022 is something else. You and the 16 people who gave you stars should be nominated for Mensa.
AgGrad99
AG
MW03 said:

I enjoyed the soccer talk. The World Cup is like the Olympics. Even if you dont care about the sport, it's country vs country, and gathers the attention of the world. I thought Peter's discussion about Qatar was interesting.
tejas_ayanem
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

tejas_ayanem said:

ScapeGOAT said:

To make this statement in November of 2022 is something else. You and the 16 people who gave you stars should be nominated for Mensa.
Let's throw all your F16 buddies in that nomination form as well.
Chewy
AG
While we're lodging short comings of the hosts intelligence I'd like to lodge issues about Junes and Jub talking about college football this morning at 6:50.

1) Junior took a big ol dump on the B12 because it's TCU and not his beloved Sooners trying to claw their way into the CFP. You can bet free tickets to a weekend Home Tour if it was the Sooners at 4 he'd be building the B12 up as a mighty conference. It's not so he defecated all over the B12.

2) Jub trying every angle to legitimize TCU and the B12 resorted to the number of Top 40 wins that TCU has. This ain't Casey Kasem's Top 40, Jub. This is big time college football. We stop around 25 if we even go that far.
The Pilot
AG
AgGrad99 said:

MW03 said:

I enjoyed the soccer talk. The World Cup is like the Olympics. Even if you dont care about the sport, it's country vs country, and gathers the attention of the world. I thought Peter's discussion about Qatar was interesting.
I like the soccer talk especially since it happens so infrequently. Two segments for Cowlishaw each week are too many.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

tejas_ayanem said:

ScapeGOAT said:

Let's throw all your F16 buddies in that nomination form as well.

Inflation, ****ty economy, no boarder security, mutilating children, destabilized world and a potato for a POTUS.

Be proud.
Jeff99
On a different note, fake Greg Olsen is becoming one of my favorite 8:40 bits.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
One of your favorih eigh-forey bis?
bert harbinson
AG
Gordo is a brilliant verbal caracaturist, Jub is not. Therefore fake McCarthy is neither clever, nor funny.
First Page Last Page
Page 441 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.