Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,234 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by double aught
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
side note....dj ringenbergerererer is now doing the orchard promotions in lieu of julie if that tells you anything
Hincemm
AG
dooc is good in small doses (i.e., ~10 times per year)
The Pilot
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Everyone rumored to be joining The Freak >>> Doocy

He's a nice fellow and all but…. Makes the Musers unlistenable

Doocy is great.
MW03
AG
Doocy guest hosting once a month is about right. I enjoy how much he riles up Gordon.
Chewy
AG
Doocy is a massive improvement over Junior in my mind. I think he's got great chemistry with Jub and especially Gordo.
The Shank Ag
thriller03 said:

Ben & Skin apparently have a live remote at Pluckers in Addison this afternoon, and Twitter has veiled references to it being a "big one." Guessing they might have the whole crew their for announcements. A Friday launch always seemed strange, but a Friday afternoon show with hosts that are making the transition might make sense.

Flipped over to B&S on Hardline commercial yesterday and they were talking baseball records/steroids/HOF etc. One of the side guys (not B&S) mentioned knowing a "baseball guy" and that that guy's opinion was the one they wanted most, and maybe they'd be able to talk to him soon. It's the only reference I've caught on either station this week.
I believe the side guy referenced is the aforementioned Kevin Turner, who if you believe my source will be a full time host on Middays, if you believe the un-ticket post, will be a morning host... (He's narcoleptic, mornings seem like a tough timeslot for that diagnosis)
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Doocy >>> Junior
thriller03
AG
Yeah, it was KT. Just couldn't place the name for some reason.
Hincemm
AG
The Shank Ag said:

if you believe the un-ticket post
where is this?
J.P. 03
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

It's because they're goofy and wholesome and they have the whitest names you can think of (I mean Cory, Cody, and Coby??). When you're trying to be cool to a 10 year old you're an easy target for a 50 year old mouth breather.
I mean....do you really have permission to make fun of guys named Cory and Coby if your name (Corby) is literally a combination of the two?
The Shank Ag
Hincemm said:

The Shank Ag said:

if you believe the un-ticket post
where is this?

UnTicket post from a few pages back- may have since been deleted of UnTicket

Quote:

The Freak will be personality radio and lead by Dallas radio legend Mike Rhyner, who's coming out of retirement after a 25-year run at The Ticket, which he started in 1994.
Other Dallas personalities joining the station include Mike Sirois, Julie Dobbs, Michael Gruber and Jeff Cavanaugh. Below will be the new lineup:
7-11 A.M. - Jeff Cavenaugh, Kevin Turner & Julie Dobbs
o 11 A.M. - 3 P.M. - Ben & Skin
3-7 P.M. - Mike Rhyner & Mike Sirois, show produced by Michael Gruber
This is going to be a huge station flip and will bring plenty of sizzle, excitement and most important, loyal and engaged listeners to the station

My post from my "source"

Quote:

The Shank Ag said:

7-11: Mike Sirois and Jeff Cavanaugh -
11-3: Julie Dobbs, Kevin Turner, Danny Balis
3-7: Ben, Skin, and Rhyner

My source could be completely off base, and have been before, but are very tied in to the business/legal of local radio. I'm "friends" with 4 people from this list. I use quotes around friends to mean that I am in a couple different group texts with those 4, golf a couple times a year with 1, but its not a we are in each others weddings kind of friendship. Much more focussed around fantasy football, beer, and golf. Have not and will not pry for information from them because that's a good way to get in trouble with sharing too much info

WC87
AG
Hincemm said:

side note....dj ringenbergerererer is now doing the orchard promotions in lieu of julie if that tells you anything

I noted that as well.
Stive
AG
Holy cow…the accent on the McKinney chicken farmer during the 8:40 walk around.
Ervin Burrell
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

MavsAg said:

I think the Dude Perfect guys have done an incredible job making careers out of trick shots. They are great role models for the kids that watch them. That said, they are easy to rag on (so is every person whose target audience is children) and I find the Corby bit pretty funny.

I don't find it that funny but I definitely agree that the Dude Perfect hate is not as much because they're Aggies. Assuming it's cause they're Aggies is why people call us a sensitive bunch.

It's because they're goofy and wholesome and they have the whitest names you can think of (I mean Cory, Cody, and Coby??). When you're trying to be cool to a 10 year old you're an easy target for a 50 year old mouth breather.

Corby and Davey (and Danny before him) come from the school of thought that wholesome enthusiasm is lame and should be made fun of. Davey's nickname is literally Gen X Davey, people! It's not cause they're Aggies.
Well said. It is funny though that the people who get drawn offsides at the slightest perceived slight at A&M are the same people who ask "OMG why are they poking fun at the Aggies?" over and over. Grow thicker skin.
hoosier-daddy
ben & skin have a bag of nothing. rhynes does little to fill that bag.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

MavsAg said:

I think the Dude Perfect guys have done an incredible job making careers out of trick shots. They are great role models for the kids that watch them. That said, they are easy to rag on (so is every person whose target audience is children) and I find the Corby bit pretty funny.

I don't find it that funny but I definitely agree that the Dude Perfect hate is not as much because they're Aggies. Assuming it's cause they're Aggies is why people call us a sensitive bunch.

Corby and Davey (and Danny before him) come from the school of thought that wholesome enthusiasm is lame and should be made fun of. Davey's nickname is literally Gen X Davey, people! It's not cause they're Aggies.
Well said. It is funny though that the people who get drawn offsides at the slightest perceived slight at A&M are the same people who ask "OMG why are they poking fun at the Aggies?" over and over. Grow thicker skin.

I agree some Aggies need to grow thicker skin but I also laugh at people like yourself on the other side of the coin who don't seem to have an ounce of self-respect. It's funny watching some here trip over themselves to defend anything and everything that some UNT dorks say on the radio.

Guess what? Every fanbase gets riled up when you constantly talk **** about them. Despite what you think, we're no different than anyone else in that regard.

If they were really interested in trolling fanbases with thin skin they would have never ending ammunition against a certain school I never hear them rag on...

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/9/28/23376836/rest-in-peace-rbr-meltdown-2006-2022

^
^
^
THAT is thin skin.
dave94
AG
We look worse when those who get offended try to clap back. It never goes well, so just let it go.

It's not like someone is talking about your momma, lol.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I don't let it bother me at all. Both sides are somewhat amusing to me.

No offense but you kind of sound like a puss.

I have friends from a good amount of schools from every conference and they react no differently than Aggies do when someone talks ****. You sound like Clayton Williams with your "sit back and take it" advice.
dave94
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I have friends from a good amount of schools from every conference and they react no differently than Aggies do when someone talks ****. You sound like Clayton Williams with your "sit back and take it" advice.
I didn't mean to imply that you cared, lol.

Good god, Clayton Williams.

I love talking sh*t with all of my longhorn, sooner, tech friends. But getting all in a tizzy on social media about this stuff is just stupid.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
dave94 said:

But getting all in a tizzy on social media about this stuff is just stupid.

Agreed but EVERY SINGLE FANBASE gets in a tizzy on social media. It is nothing unique to A&M.
Goldie Wilson
I don't care about DP from an Aggie perspective, I think it's just weird how obsessed the Ticket has become with it considering it's programming intended for children. It's like ripping Sesame Street or Blues Clues for being lame and hokey
Hincemm
AG
ok...who's clayton williams?
Ervin Burrell
AG

Comparing jabs at schools to rape is a bold move.
AgGrad99
AG
It's not an Aggie thing for me...I just think it's not funny and the fake voice is annoying when they make fun of DP.

DP were heros for my boys when they were younger. With all the crap out there, I very much appreciated them. Great/Clean content for younger kids. And they've parlayed it into a fortune.

Just not sure what there is to make fun of.
C1NRB
AG
Hincemm said:

ok...who's clayton williams?
Oilman from Midland, ran for Governor, got cancelled for a rape joke before cancelling was a thing.
Also his name is on the Association of Former Students building.
Hincemm
AG
norm just double played miss st thinking haynes was still the qb. glorious
powerbelly
AG
Hincemm said:

norm just double played miss st thinking haynes was still the qb. glorious
This is who they lost Sirois for. Solid job Cat.
mavsfan4ever
AG
AgLaw said:

Hincemm said:

and i think it's readily apparent to anyone who's been a longish p1 that the HL chemistry is just awful. all the more reason that a rhyner/sirois lineup has serious potential to steal some market share (i know i'd flip in a heartbeat)
Post-Greggo HL was as steady diet of Corby dominating the conversation with periodic breaks of ganging up with Danny to kick Mike in the balls. Outside of What's on Mike's Mind, Mike didn't have much of an opportunity to contribute to meaningful conversation. It's no wonder the guy walked away and is now coming back to directly compete with his old station. I'll give a Rhyner/Sea Cow show a listen over the HL.
That's one way to look at it. The other is that Corby had to dominate the covnersation because Mike and Danny brought absolutely nothing to the table. If Corby didn't dominate the conversation, then there would be no conversation. That's why I always give Corby a break and think he's pretty good. If he's not paired with give-up Mike or Danny's bag, he's pretty entertaining. For instance, on roundtables, the Campound, White Elephant, etc Corby is great. But he's always stuck with a terrible cast around him.

Bob is great, but he's not a great fit with Corby either. Corby has been better with Bob because he now has more to work with. But it's not a perfect pairing that would allow Corby to reach his full potential.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Comparing jabs at schools to rape is a bold move.

Oh good grief.

Seems a little dramatic on your part, buttercup.
Bunbury
AG

dave94 said:

But getting all in a tizzy on social media about this stuff is just stupid.

Agreed but EVERY SINGLE FANBASE gets in a tizzy on social media. It is nothing unique to A&M.

This is a case where I think if A&M had more success recently, it wouldn't seem as big of deal. But A&M has underachieved so much that our fanbase has had more to get in a tizzy over than many other schools.
MW03
AG
I, for one, am enjoying my slow slide into low T. There was a time in my life where I nearly fought a Spurs fan outside a Two Rows Brewery after a basketball game. Now, I'm not sure I could work up the giveadamn to get mad over just about anything that didn't actually have to do with my family. Or Bonfire 99.
Ag CPA
AG
Rhyner, Sirois and Grubes would put the Hardline out of business.
The Collective
AG
We don't have to defend the Dude Perfect guys. They are swimming in cash and adored by millions of people. I doubt they care about hate from a local radio guy.
The Pilot
AG
I think they also tried to book them early on and the guys turned them down? That could add to the hate.
AgLaw
AG
The Pilot said:

I think they also tried to book them early on and the guys turned them down? That could add to the hate.
100% this makes the most sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 425 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.