Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,252 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by double aught
Panhandle Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this random concert calendar segment their attempt to bring back old ideas that worked years ago out of fear that the new station will steal listeners who likes the good old days?
AG
seems that way.

punched over to B&S a little bit ago and they were talking about their addison road show tomorrow being like the end of a cocoon so Im guessing thats when the announcement will be

also kept referencing a guy in the producer's room whos name we cant say
BoomGoesThe
I haven't listened to the ticket in a few years, but hopefully Rhynes brings back the Two Minute Drill. I'll be checking out his show with Sirois.
zag213004
AG
Any reason why Corby and Jake hate dude perfect so much. I don't get it. If it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea but the hate is very strong from them especially
The Pilot
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Any reason why Corby and Jake hate dude perfect so much. I don't get it. If it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea but the hate is very strong from them especially

Bc they are Aggies. If they'd gone to OU or Texas, it's a non story.
Old School Brother
AG
The first time Corby did his dude perfect impression, it was very mildly funny. It just hasn't been amusing at all for quite some time. I couldn't care less if they make fun of DP every day, just make it funny.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The friendly reminder that these dudes are worth $50 mill while being about 20 years younger than Corby
hoosier-daddy
Legal Custodian
AG
Panhandle Ag said:

Is this random concert calendar segment their attempt to bring back old ideas that worked years ago out of fear that the new station will steal listeners who likes the good old days?

They mentioned about a month or two ago that they were planning on bringing back concert calendar but possibly in a different way than it was done in the past. It was Bob's idea
WC87
AG
Fax Fodder
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

zwhag2010 said:

Bc they are Aggies. If they'd gone to OU or Texas, it's a non story.

It's jealousy.
dave94
AG
It's easy fodder for anyone in the state that didn't go to A&M.

Most kids growing up were taught to root for the Longhorns, that's just how it was. The sh*t we get has always been there.

Don't let it bother you, it's been a thing forever, Corby's schtick is lazy and definitely not clever. Jake does make me laugh at least. (Plus his brother at Tulane got injured from an Aggie hit that he thinks was dirty I believe).

Either way, don't get so farking drawn offsides from their sh*t talking. Just laugh and move on.
Robert C. Christian
AG
dave94 said:

Most kids growing up were taught to root for the Longhorns, that's just how it was. The sh*t we get has always been there.

Don't let it bother you, it's been a thing forever, Corby's schtick is lazy and definitely not clever. Jake does make me laugh at least. (Plus his brother at Tulane got injured from an Aggie hit that he thinks was dirty I believe).

Either way, don't get so farking drawn offsides from their sh*t talking. Just laugh and move on.

One correction, his brother was injured from a U of H player. Sumlin was the head coach at the time.
Bunbury
AG
Aggies are an obnoxious and large fan base. Yes I know it's not all aggies, but many are and the vocal ones especially so. That coupled with our super underachievement makes aggies ripe for ribbing. If we were a better program it wouldn't other us but at this point we need to have thicker skin and put up or shut up.
Rudyjax
AG
dave94 said:

No, I meant they're jealous because these dudes are making 10x's more money making videos.

Aggie or not.
AG
if they went to OU he'd be planting tulips
MavsAg
AG
I think the Dude Perfect guys have done an incredible job making careers out of trick shots. They are great role models for the kids that watch them. That said, they are easy to rag on (so is every person whose target audience is children) and I find the Corby bit pretty funny.
RiskManager93
AG
Corby's sophomoric humor is based entirely on insulting people. He's a twenty-one year old in a fifty year old body.

Bob is a decent human being. I can't believe he allows himself to be associated with Corby for four hours per day.
AgLaw
AG
RiskManager93 said:

Corby's sophomoric humor is based entirely on insulting people. He's a twenty-one year old in a fifty year old body.

Bob is a decent human being. I can't believe he allows himself to be associated with Corby for four hours per day.
Honestly, I was shocked when they paired Bob with Corby just because the personalities are so different. It's not working.
Stive
AG
Just checked 97.1 on Iheart's app and it's still playing Aerosmith this morning.

Was it next Friday that they're rumored to be going live?
AG
day isnt over yet

they were playing highway to hell at 6:59. I thought that was a good sendoff, but no
FTAco07
AG
They played Korn's Freak on a Leash right before 7am so I thought that would be the lead in but no dice. I'm guessing it won't switch over until it's time for Rhyner to be the first voice.
AG
maybe hit refresh on this all day and see if it goes live

http://971thefreak.com/
Bones08
AG
I could see them kicking off with the afternoon show since that's the main draw.
TV Casualty
AG
Wouldn't they have a big announcement or something telling everyone when the Freak starts up?
walton91
Isn't it common for a station to play something on a loop for 24 hrs ahead of a new format launch? I can't imagine them just flipping the switch on a Friday afternoon.
Hincemm
AG
My guess is announcement during b&s and a Monday start
thriller03
AG
Ben & Skin apparently have a live remote at Pluckers in Addison this afternoon, and Twitter has veiled references to it being a "big one." Guessing they might have the whole crew their for announcements. A Friday launch always seemed strange, but a Friday afternoon show with hosts that are making the transition might make sense.

Flipped over to B&S on Hardline commercial yesterday and they were talking baseball records/steroids/HOF etc. One of the side guys (not B&S) mentioned knowing a "baseball guy" and that that guy's opinion was the one they wanted most, and maybe they'd be able to talk to him soon. It's the only reference I've caught on either station this week.
Robert C. Christian
AG
thriller03 said:

Ben & Skin apparently have a live remote at Pluckers in Addison this afternoon, and Twitter has veiled references to it being a "big one." Guessing they might have the whole crew their for announcements. A Friday launch always seemed strange, but a Friday afternoon show with hosts that are making the transition might make sense.

Flipped over to B&S on Hardline commercial yesterday and they were talking baseball records/steroids/HOF etc. One of the side guys (not B&S) mentioned knowing a "baseball guy" and that that guy's opinion was the one they wanted most, and maybe they'd be able to talk to him soon. It's the only reference I've caught on either station this week.

Driving back to Dallas yesterday and flipped it over to B&S. They mentioned the remote at it being the end of their "cocoon stage" or something like that.
Just Tired
dave94 said:

Hincemm
AG
RiskManager93 said:

in corby's defense(?), he's not good with anyone outside of the better hosts (dan, gordo, etc) for more than the bit segments (e news, cqh, etc). that says more about gordo and dan than it does corby. corby's been out of his element since the hammer left and he was taken off yuk monkey duties.

and i think it's readily apparent to anyone who's been a longish p1 that the HL chemistry is just awful. all the more reason that a rhyner/sirois lineup has serious potential to steal some market share (i know i'd flip in a heartbeat)
GarlandAg2012
AG
MavsAg said:

I think the Dude Perfect guys have done an incredible job making careers out of trick shots. They are great role models for the kids that watch them. That said, they are easy to rag on (so is every person whose target audience is children) and I find the Corby bit pretty funny.

I don't find it that funny but I definitely agree that the Dude Perfect hate is not as much because they're Aggies. Assuming it's cause they're Aggies is why people call us a sensitive bunch.

It's because they're goofy and wholesome and they have the whitest names you can think of (I mean Cory, Cody, and Coby??). When you're trying to be cool to a 10 year old you're an easy target for a 50 year old mouth breather.

Corby and Davey (and Danny before him) come from the school of thought that wholesome enthusiasm is lame and should be made fun of. Davey's nickname is literally Gen X Davey, people! It's not cause they're Aggies.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
AgLaw
AG
Hincemm said:

and i think it's readily apparent to anyone who's been a longish p1 that the HL chemistry is just awful. all the more reason that a rhyner/sirois lineup has serious potential to steal some market share (i know i'd flip in a heartbeat)
Post-Greggo HL was as steady diet of Corby dominating the conversation with periodic breaks of ganging up with Danny to kick Mike in the balls. Outside of What's on Mike's Mind, Mike didn't have much of an opportunity to contribute to meaningful conversation. It's no wonder the guy walked away and is now coming back to directly compete with his old station. I'll give a Rhyner/Sea Cow show a listen over the HL.
TexasAggie008
AG
Everyone rumored to be joining The Freak >>> Doocy

He's a nice fellow and all but…. Makes the Musers unlistenable

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Everyone rumored to be joining The Freak >>> Doocy

He's a nice fellow and all but…. Makes the Musers unlistenable

Dis. A. Gree.
First Page Last Page
Page 424 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.