Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,467 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by double aught
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the complete Musers along with some version of Bob and Dan moved over there, I'd be done with the Ticket and I'm a 21 year P1. I like the others including Corby lol but not enough for me to stay there over with what that hypothetical lineup would become.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Legal Custodian said:

My wife made a decent point that it does not make the Ticket look good that Julie wanted out and used "being a mom" as an excuse to make her leave. Which is a completely valid excuse to make, don't get me wrong. I get it if a woman wants to spend more time being home with her kids especially during their formative years.

But she used that excuse and since then she has started 2 companies and is potentially joining this new radio station. She either wanted to get away from the Ticket or lied about doing it for her kids.

No one needs to feel bad for Julie. She knew the hours and the pay when she took the job. She 100% used the ticket to get a little publicity and some air time, all the while knowing she would quit to pursue other things (podcast, another station, etc) when her brand got big enough.

I'm not saying I blame her, but let's not pretend like this wasn't her plan from day 1.

I don't think it makes the ticket look bad. But if the Freak sticks around then the Ticket will need to rethink its way of handling lower pay positions. Otherwise, people will continue to use them as Julie did. In the past, when podcasts weren't a thing and there was no legit competitor to the ticket, they didn't have to worry about the lower paid jobs as much bc they had no other options.
Spaceship
AG
How much income is Julie making from her podcast? Just curious…I have no idea how that ad/revenue stream works.
AgGrad99
AG
I dont necessarily think it was a long-term plan by her. It's just the way careers and life work out sometimes.

Maybe the pay became not enough, to miss time with kids/family. Good on her for being able to parlay her name into additional/better opportunities though.
dave94
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I dont necessarily think it was a long-term plan by her. It's just the way careers and life work out sometimes.

Maybe the pay became not enough, to miss time with kids/family. Good on her for being able to parlay her name into additional/better opportunities though.

Like I said, I don't blame her. But give me a break. This was always her plan. Did she think the pay would magically jump from $12 per hour to $30 per hour within a short period of time? Or that she would get promoted multiple times in a short period of time when that never happens at the ticket? No. But it was worth taking the crap pay for a while to build her brand.

The fact that she wasn't there very long before she quit and moved on to other things also supports that this was her plan.

But kudos to her for taking advantage of the situation.
FincAg
AG
Could also be that Cumulus hours were irregular and this is frequent and can be scheduled around.
dave94
AG
Dang, what did Julie do to you, lol. I don't think she's some Machiavellian force that had this all mapped out.

There's no way she would know that any of these things would happen.
AgGrad99
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

AgGrad99 said:

Like I said, I don't blame her. But give me a break. This was always her plan. Did she think the pay would magically jump from $12 per hour to $30 per hour within a short period of time? Or that she would get promoted multiple times in a short period of time when that never happens at the ticket? No. But it was worth taking the crap pay for a while to build her brand.

The fact that she wasn't there very long before she quit and moved on to other things also supports that this was her plan.

No. but who said she did?

Things change. Maybe there was opportunities that didnt come to fruition. Maybe the money just wasnt worth it, once she started doing the job. Maybe things at home changed, and she'd jsut rather be at home instead of working.

The Mom Game is with Emily Jones, who is well known locally from the Rangers Broadcast. I dont think Julie needed to increase her 'Q rating' on the Ticket to start that podcast.

Again, I just dont think her plan was to use the ticket for publicity for a local podcast, or a radio gig in the future for a station/format that didnt exist yet. I just think her life/career took this path.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
This Julie work-life balance discussion sure is riveting.

powerbelly
AG
It's better than rehashing how much Corby sucks for the 10,000th time.
Hincemm
AG
What's up with her forehead, amiright
AgGrad99
AG
powerbelly said:

It's better than rehashing how much Corby sucks for the 10,000th time.
i mean, in fairness, he does suck.
AgGrad99
ChipFTAC01
AG
Who was the old traffic reporter? Barb? Was she the "have a hot Carl?" One?
dave94
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Who was the old traffic reporter? Barb? Was she the "have a hot Carl?" One?
Yeah, give her the dang ribs. And Jesus loves their chicken.
Hincemm
AG
Correct. And was very liberal. Gordo loved drawing her offsides on that
Chewy
AG
That was wonderful radio. It wasn't even the political part of it.

It was that you knew Gordo knew which buttons to push and she was the only one that didn't know it.

Gordo could really just Little Red Riding Hood her.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I said multiple times that I don't blame her. I don't think she did anything wrong. It's just how the entertainment industry (and in particular the radio industry) works. Anyone taking a $12-15 per hour gig in entertainment is only doing it in hopes it will grow their brand and lead them to greener pastures.

I just find it funny that some people seem to think she was planning on sticking with the ticket for 10+ years when she took the job. She knew the pay and hours weren't going to change. She knew there was no shot at moving up quickly. So she took the job in hopes it would grow her brand and lead to something else. And it did. So it was a smart move by her.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hahaha never seen that gif before. That's great
J.P. 03
AG
Legal Custodian said:

My wife made a decent point that it does not make the Ticket look good that Julie wanted out and used "being a mom" as an excuse to make her leave.

Your wife lets you talk about The Ticket with her? How did you pull that off, and do you offer classes?
Legal Custodian
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Legal Custodian said:

My wife made a decent point that it does not make the Ticket look good that Julie wanted out and used "being a mom" as an excuse to make her leave.

Your wife lets you talk about The Ticket with her? How did you pull that off, and do you offer classes?
I'm kind of a bad influence to be honest. On her commute when she was working she was listening to the 94.9 morning show. I told her about Muse in the News and it was right in the middle of her commute and said she should try it out as I thought she would like it.

That slowly turned into her listening to Muse daily and liking it.
Then she would tune in right when she got in her car to make sure she didn't miss the start of Muse.
Then she would leave it on and listen to the next segment.
Then it would still be on during her commute home so she would listen to the Hardline.

Now she's a stay at home mom and listens all day every day.

So I convinced my wife to stop listening to Christian radio and listen to the Ticket instead.
TV Casualty
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

AgGrad99 said:

You are leaving out that the Ticket kept her off air after Covid hit. She basically didn't have a job for a while. That's when she started up the other ventures.

Sure she was just taking whatever ever job she could after not being retained by the Stars. Yeah, she was probably never going to stay there long term if she could find something else. It's a bit ridiculous to act like it was some scheme to use the Ticket.

Again, the Ticket sent her packing when Covid hit so why should she show them loyalty above her own self interest. She isn't doing anything that any of us wouldn't do.
Bones08
AG
…exactly, I mean…
WC87
AG
TV Casualty said:

mavsfan4ever said:

AgGrad99 said:

You are leaving out that the Ticket kept her off air after Covid hit. She basically didn't have a job for a while. That's when she started up the other ventures.

Sure she was just taking whatever ever job she could after not being retained by the Stars. Yeah, she was probably never going to stay there long term if she could find something else. It's a bit ridiculous to act like it was some scheme to use the Ticket.

Again, the Ticket sent her packing when Covid hit so why should she show them loyalty above her own self interest. She isn't doing anything that any of us wouldn't do.
I just played the Julie letsbegreatletsbegreatletsbegreat drop backwards and really slow and it turns out its Julie saying "**** Cat **** Cumulus my Ticket domination plans are now operational" over and over.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Jake triple played Cowbell.
Rudyjax
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Well if you don't at first succeed, try try again.

And I hope he keeps triple playing us!
DannyDuberstein
AG
When a program gets into your head this much, you've already lost no matter what
The Pilot
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Ervin Burrell said:

He's going to triple against A&M until he gets back to .500.
EllisCoAg
AG
So, does The Ticket keep playing various drops from the new LIV radio boys?

you're done
bert harbinson
AG
The Pilot said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Ervin Burrell said:

He's becoming Chappy.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

AgGrad99 said:

I would imagine her plan was to work for the ticket. Then she was having succes, and like anyone would do, she expected to receive a promotion or more compensation for that success.
Old School Brother
AG
bert harbinson said:

The Pilot said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Ervin Burrell said:

He's becoming Chappy.
I'd say he's becoming the anti-Chappy. Chappy doesn't base his picks on his hatred of the teams/schools.
bert harbinson
AG
I just meant chappy is kind of crazy and dives deep into irresponsible behavior.
Ervin Burrell
AG
What a random throwaway concert calendar segment just now by the HL - haven't heard that segment since pre-COVID, and it's always done as the last segment of the week...not Thursday at 4:20.
First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.