Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,466 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by double aught
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
powerbelly
AG
If owned by iHeart I bet their app will carry it
TexasAggie008
AG
Would OU/tu fans even deny the fact that they each hate us more than they hate one another?

Either way, I'm not sure there are two "rivals" in CFB that are bigger butt-buddies.

Take OU fans Corby and Craig for instance - I don't think i've heard either one, even once, crack an anti-texas joke or discuss texas in a way thats anything other than respectful.
EllisCoAg
AG
Liked how Corby steered Klatt to talk about a K-State player and not the game
double aught
AG
Joel Klatt, JoelKlatt is a quality segment.
stew0720
AG
Since the cat is out of the bag, and you'll all say this is BS, but I'm hearing Julie will also be on the 3-7 show. Yes 2 shows a day. Don't believe me? The one thing nobody has mentioned is the name of the 3-7 show. PM me and I'll tell you
hoosier-daddy
Julie would be granted worst parent ever award if true. So I don't believe it's true. PM me.
MW03
AG
My guess is "Tier 1"
Hincemm
AG
You could tell us all (esp the non subscribers) since we'll find out in the next couple of daya
DannyDuberstein
AG
George's Mike McCarthy is pretty solid, including being completely boring
Nagler
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

George's Mike McCarthy is pretty solid, including being completely boring

Agreed. They need to get more outlandish with it. Turn it into a Fake Jerry. Right now it's just a dumbed down version of real Mike.
Hincemm
AG
so the freak may debut tomorrow, and it's all quiet on the western front?
Bunbury
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Julie would be granted worst parent ever award if true. So I don't believe it's true. PM me.

Gonna need a better explanation on this. Almost all the drive-time hosts have kids. Why would Julie be given the award? I think she's allowed to leave a going-nowhere minimum wage job to be with her kids, but then decide to take a big promotion (even if the pay increase is minimal, the actual job itself is highly coveted), especially since she's likely doing lots of solo parenting while her husband works evenings and travels.
powerbelly
AG
Bunbury said:

hoosier-daddy said:

Gonna need a better explanation on this. Almost all the drive-time hosts have kids. Why would Julie be given the award? I think she's allowed to leave a going-nowhere minimum wage job to be with her kids, but then decide to take a big promotion (even if the pay increase is minimal, the actual job itself is highly coveted), especially since she's likely doing lots of solo parenting while her husband works evenings and travels.
If she works 7-11 and then 3-7? That is a brutal schedule for someone with small kids
Nagler
AG
powerbelly said:

Bunbury said:

hoosier-daddy said:

If she works 7-11 and then 3-7? That is a brutal schedule for someone with small kids

Didn't she also leave b/c of time with kids? I might be making that up.
powerbelly
AG
Nagler said:

powerbelly said:

Bunbury said:

hoosier-daddy said:

Didn't she also leave b/c of time with kids? I might be making that up.
She did, but that was probably due to her not making enough for it to be worth it to be away.
Goldie Wilson
powerbelly said:

Bunbury said:

hoosier-daddy said:

Sure it's a brutal schedule but doesn't necessarily make her a terrible parent
hoosier-daddy
Bunbury said:

hoosier-daddy said:

Julie's husband is a coach for the Stars and isn't home much during the season. Kids would be in bed most nights without seeing a parent.
Hincemm
AG
Maybe husband is leaving his job? I'd imagine that's not the best paying gig. I think her podcast has a pretty strong following if that's any indication of what she brings to the table. Very different demo though
Bunbury
AG
I've seen alternate reports where she's working either the 3-7 drive time OR the 7-11 drive-time, but I haven't seen anything indicating she's working both. I can't imagine that's actually the plan, that would be insane on a number of levels.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Working 7-11 and 3-7 five days a week seems illogical to me, even without considering kids / family.
AG
even if it was 100% WFH?
AgGrad99
AG
I dont think Kelly is leaving his job. He is one of, if not the best Video Coach in the NHL. He's likely making 300k+ a year.
powerbelly
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I dont think Kelly is leaving his job. He is one of, if not the best Video Coach in the NHL. He's likely making 300k+ a year.
That would be more than some on-ice assistants. I would be surprised if it was that much.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I saw where he's only #12 in the AP poll
Hincemm
AG
That comp would surprise me for that position

Now rank the NHL video analysts. Team by team please
AgGrad99
AG
powerbelly said:

AgGrad99 said:

That would be more than some on-ice assistants. I would be surprised if it was that much.

maybe Im off, then.. I read where the lowest paid assistant in the league earned 200k. Perhaps that only on-ice personnel, though he is considered an in-game assistant.

Edit: Based on a Google search, looks like Video Coaches make about 150k on the higher end.
Legal Custodian
AG
My wife made a decent point that it does not make the Ticket look good that Julie wanted out and used "being a mom" as an excuse to make her leave. Which is a completely valid excuse to make, don't get me wrong. I get it if a woman wants to spend more time being home with her kids especially during their formative years.

But she used that excuse and since then she has started 2 companies and is potentially joining this new radio station. She either wanted to get away from the Ticket or lied about doing it for her kids.
powerbelly
AG
Legal Custodian said:

My wife made a decent point that it does not make the Ticket look good that Julie wanted out and used "being a mom" as an excuse to make her leave. Which is a completely valid excuse to make, don't get me wrong. I get it if a woman wants to spend more time being home with her kids especially during their formative years.

But she used that excuse and since then she has started 2 companies and is potentially joining this new radio station. She either wanted to get away from the Ticket or lied about doing it for her kids.
Or she wanted more money for the hours worked. This isn't that complicated.
bthotugigem05
AG
Cumulus wasn't paying her money to justify the hours she was putting in at The Ticket. LIV Radio is paying her enough to justify it at The Freak apparently.

I don't see it as much different than a buddy of mine. He and his wife both worked but the price of putting both of their kids through Primrose was almost what she was bringing home every month anyway so she quit working until the kids were in elementary school.
MavsAg
AG
LIV radio needs to make their entire show available on podcast the next day. It's ridiculous that the only segments I can listen to the next day are WTDS and whatever random crap they throw on the top 10. I went to the app today to listen to Joel Klatt and it's not there. Instead, they give you great options such as: Dave Raymond, Peter King, The Pigskin Panel, and a few Norm and D segments. What a joke.
Bunbury
AG
I imagine the salaries offered are going to be really small for the first 1-2 years and very dependent on any commissions with live spots, appearances, etc. Maybe hosts with a prior history have some leverage but first-time hosts like Sirois/Julie may be closer to producer-level salary with the promise of host salary as a dangled-carrot. Legit contract negotiations would come after they have a history of ratings to point to.
powerbelly
AG
MavsAg said:

LIV radio needs to make their entire show available on podcast the next day. It's ridiculous that the only segments I can listen to the next day are WTDS and whatever random crap they throw on the top 10. I went to the app today to listen to Joel Klatt and it's not there. Instead, they give you great options such as: Dave Raymond, Peter King, The Pigskin Panel, and a few Norm and D segments. What a joke.

I would bet this is an advertising restriction. They don't want you to skip commercials that easily
FincAg
AG
Would anyone blink if the talent at The Ticket moved over to The Freak?

When I left A&M and ended up in Houston listening to the guys over at 1560 The Game, John Granato and Lance Zierlein. Sean Pendergast and some kid named David Nuno were also there.

I can't remember exactly what the catalyst was, but the band broke up but was reunited at a competing station. Charlie Pallilo even joined up John and Lance later.

All that being said would it blow minds if "a Cumulus station" is bled dry and everyone resurfaces in a new home?

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
FincAg said:

Would anyone blink if the talent at The Ticket moved over to The Freak?

When I left A&M and ended up in Houston listening to the guys over at 1560 The Game, John Granato and Lance Zierlein. Sean Pendergast and some kid named David Nuno were also there.

1560 was greatness during CFB season.
First Page Last Page
Page 422 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.